PDA

View Full Version : Giambi may be suspended

Paulwny
06-14-2007, 11:39 AM
I haven't seen this posted:

MCLEAN, Va. (AP) -- Baseball commissioner Bud Selig is "heading toward" suspending Jason Giambi (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5386/;_ylt=Aiyr0JVH8GLp5015o..Trwipu7YF) next week if he doesn't cooperate with the steroids investigation by former Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell, USA Today reported on its Web site early Thursday. The newspaper, citing a high-ranking Major League Baseball official who had spoken with Selig, said the commissioner wants a decision from Giambi by Tuesday. The official was not given permission to comment publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity, the paper said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AtPn6fE1Hq1uJMtcjyR29Cs5nYcB?slug=ap-giambi-steroids&prov=ap&type=lgns

Jerko
06-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Ooh suspend him while he's hurt. That'll teach him a lesson.

Chicken Dinner
06-14-2007, 11:57 AM

It will if the Yanks void his contract.:smile:

voodoochile
06-14-2007, 12:01 PM

Heck, it will since he won't get paid if suspended, unlike when he is injured.

Jerko
06-14-2007, 12:02 PM

This is gonna get REALLY messy if that happens.

tstrike2000
06-14-2007, 02:01 PM
This guy is the biggest moron. First, he apologizes for something, but no one was sure what exactly he was apologizing for. Then the idiot opens his mouth again to put himself back in the forefront of the league's mind. Stupidity beyong words.

MRM
06-14-2007, 05:09 PM

No suspension would hold up, anyhow.

MRM
06-14-2007, 05:13 PM

Not a chance unless they can somehow prove Giambi took steroids after the MLB policy was instituted. This whole thing is a joke. Selig CAN'T force him to talk to Mitchell, and anything found out in those leaked SECRET grand jury testimony can't be used against him by baseball. ONLY the feds can do anything of substance to Giambi as is. The blowhard Selig is just trying to finally publicly look like he's tough on steroids.

Of course, since the Yankees are winning without him, I'm sure they'd be happy to try and void the contract.

harwar
06-15-2007, 07:11 AM
At the beginning of every game i really believe that the White Sox are going to win as i can't seem to give the season up for lost,try as i might.
However;The first thing that came to mind when i read that Giambi might not be in the yankee lineup in the future is that maybe we can trade Big Jim Thome(i love that guy)if he is not going to fit in our plans for the future.
What a sad thing this season turned out to be.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-16-2007, 10:20 AM
Giambi is baseball's worst nightmare: too stupid to keep his mouth shut.

Giambi is really just the tip of the iceberg. Mitchell and Selig know it. Fehr should roast in hell for running interference on their behalf, too.

chaerulez
06-16-2007, 11:01 AM
Giambi is a moron, but to suspend just him is stupid. Why not Bonds then? Or lets dig deeper and finally nail Clemens. This is all a sham.

FarWestChicago
06-16-2007, 03:14 PM
Giambi is a moron, but to suspend just him is stupid. Why not Bonds then? Or lets dig deeper and finally nail Clemens. This is all a sham.Yes it is. But, look at the 'roid apologists we have around here. There are many who see no problems with juicing. Barroids and HGHiambi are actually defended by some here. :rolleyes:

chaerulez
06-17-2007, 04:36 AM
Yes it is. But, look at the 'roid apologists we have around here. There are many who see no problems with juicing. Barroids and HGHiambi are actually defended by some here. :rolleyes:

Don't forget the people here who say that there is "no evidence" that links Clemens to roids as well. These are probably the same people that don't think Frank Thomas is a first ballot HOFer, despite playing in the steroid era.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-17-2007, 08:23 AM
Don't forget the people here who say that there is "no evidence" that links Clemens to roids as well. These are probably the same people that don't think Frank Thomas is a first ballot HOFer, despite playing in the steroid era.

I remember one guy here suggested taking HGH would soon be no different than eating a Power Bar.

Un-bee-lee-bubble. Very sad, too.

:(:

LongLiveFisk
06-17-2007, 08:48 AM
I remember one guy here suggested taking HGH would soon be no different than eating a Power Bar.

Un-bee-lee-bubble. Very sad, too.

:(:

As I recall some people here also mentioned Lasik as being an "unfair advantage". Where does it end? :dunno:

cws05champ
06-17-2007, 09:08 AM
Giambi was just stupid enough to open his mouth after taking the stuff himself. But to suspend him for not talking to an investigation is just stupid. This would open up a whole can of worms and give the Mitchell investigation free reign to talk to anyone under duress.

Suppose the Mitchell investigation finds that 15% of MLB players were takking roids, and have specific names....what then? Do they suspend everyone of those players for something that wasn't even tested for at the time? I know that the steroid thing has cast a black cloud over the game, but to then further name these players will hurt the game even more.

I think we all beleive that some of the players have done steroids(Giambi, Bonds, Sosa etc), and they have already been declared guilty in the court of public opinion. I just don't know, to what end are they doing this investigation?