PDA

View Full Version : Baseballís worst character - Elijah Dukes

Fenway
06-14-2007, 12:08 PM
No not Barry Bonds.....

If you havenít kept up with the curious case of Tampa Bayís Elijah Dukes, itís no problem. At the rate this kid is going, heíll have yet another controversy hanging over his head in about a week.

Just weeks after it was revealed that the Devil Rays outfielder left threatening messages (http://journals.aol.com/cmottram04/SavedbytheBlog/entries/2007/05/23/elijah-dukes-is-a-ladys-man/1038) on his wifeís voicemail, ("Hey, dawg. It's on, dawg. You dead, dawg. I ain't even bulls-------. Your kids too, dawg. It don't even matter to me who is in the car with you. N-----, all I know is, n-----, when I see your m-----f------- a-- riding, dawg, it's on. As a matter of fact, I'm coming to your m-----f------ house.") as well as sending her an image of a gun, today comes the story that a 17-year-old girl who lived in the foster care of one of his relatives is pregnant with Dukesís child (http://www.tbo.com/sports/rays/MGBUN5V8V2F.html).

When the girl broke the news to Dukes, he allegedly threw a Gatorade at her (http://www.sptimes.com/2007/06/13/Rays/Former_foster_teen_sa.shtml).
:o:

ND_Sox_Fan
06-14-2007, 12:43 PM
Wow - and people are concerned about one of our guys swearing in a restaurant.

As bad as things are going for us, I am glad that we have a team full of classy guys away from the field.

Chisox353014
06-14-2007, 12:50 PM
No not Barry Bonds.....

If you havenít kept up with the curious case of Tampa Bayís Elijah Dukes, itís no problem. At the rate this kid is going, heíll have yet another controversy hanging over his head in about a week.

Just weeks after it was revealed that the Devil Rays outfielder left threatening messages (http://journals.aol.com/cmottram04/SavedbytheBlog/entries/2007/05/23/elijah-dukes-is-a-ladys-man/1038) on his wifeís voicemail, ("Hey, dawg. It's on, dawg. You dead, dawg. I ain't even bulls-------. Your kids too, dawg. It don't even matter to me who is in the car with you. N-----, all I know is, n-----, when I see your m-----f------- a-- riding, dawg, it's on. As a matter of fact, I'm coming to your m-----f------ house.") as well as sending her an image of a gun, today comes the story that a 17-year-old girl who lived in the foster care of one of his relatives is pregnant with Dukesís child (http://www.tbo.com/sports/rays/MGBUN5V8V2F.html).

When the girl broke the news to Dukes, he allegedly threw a Gatorade at her (http://www.sptimes.com/2007/06/13/Rays/Former_foster_teen_sa.shtml).
:o:

Dukes, who is 23, has now produced six shorties with 5 different women. He's going to break Shawn Kemp's record by next month at the rate he's going. :o:

Fenway
06-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Dukes, who is 23, has now produced six shorties with 5 different women. He's going to break Shawn Kemp's record by next month at the rate he's going. :o:

Tampa columnist unloads

He keeps getting arrested, but has never spent time in jail. He argued with coaches and teachers in high school, but always found someone else willing to offer a chance. And, as his mother told a Times reporter on Tuesday, his prodigious procreation numbers are the responsibility of so many women.
In other words, it is never Elijah's fault.

The time to drop Dukes is near (http://www.sptimes.com/2007/06/14/Rays/The_time_to_drop_Duke.shtml)

chisoxmike
06-14-2007, 01:16 PM
I wonder if Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton will have anything to say about this.

Oh wait...

:rolleyes:

UserNameBlank
06-14-2007, 01:23 PM
I don't want this to sound the wrong way and come across as racist Roadhouse material, but it's really sad to see all the classly black players in MLB trying to get more young black players involved in the game and then read about some piece of **** like Dukes doing this.

For all the players who struggled to get an opportunity to play and are now working with MLB in trying to spread the message to create a more diverse game, this must really be a slap in the face. Show some ****ing respect.

I hope Dukes is gone from baseball very soon. The line on this guy extends far beyond this. His own minor league team won't take him back, his teammates are scared of him, he rapes minors, and he threatens to kill women.

Ban this guy.

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-14-2007, 02:06 PM
I wonder if Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton will have anything to say about this.

Oh wait...

:rolleyes:
I expect crickets initially. Then, when a white sportscaster comes out publicly, they'll be on the first plane down there to lambast the writer.

IMHO, Dukes can do whatever he wants off the field. It's his business. In that same vein, if some White Sox players get rowdy at a restaurant, it's no one's business either. Since the latter does not get ignored, the former becomes all the more serious.

WhiteSox5187
06-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Elijiah Dukes is not a good guy. This shouldn't come as a shock. I know a couple of other teams had a shot at him and passed him over because of his history. THe Devil Rays have a couple of thugs on their team, don't they? I recall reading something about them in SI at the start of Spring Training, and ironically enough, I believe one of the guys they profiled was Dukes.

champagne030
06-14-2007, 02:48 PM
I hope Dukes is gone from baseball very soon. The line on this guy extends far beyond this. His own minor league team won't take him back, his teammates are scared of him, he rapes minors, and he threatens to kill women.

Ban this guy.

He's a total scumbag, but when did he rape anyone?

spiffie
06-14-2007, 03:50 PM
He's a total scumbag, but when did he rape anyone?
I think the idea is that it is statutory, rather than consent based.

thomas35forever
06-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Elijah Dukes would rather knock up random teenage sluts on the street than help his team win ballgames. Sorry for my content, but that just seems how the man is.

champagne030
06-14-2007, 04:55 PM
I think the idea is that it is statutory, rather than consent based.

I see now. FYI - The consent age is 16 in approximately 1/2 the states. Florida is one of those states.

Also, he's still a scumbag.

UserNameBlank
06-14-2007, 05:04 PM
I see now. FYI - The consent age is 16 in approximately 1/2 the states. Florida is one of those states.

Also, he's still a scumbag.
Well it's nice to see he's obeying the law then...

MRM
06-14-2007, 06:05 PM

Yep. He had better live up to the hype just to pay all that child support.

California Sox
06-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Dukes has a lot of talent, but you wonder the effect he's having on guys like Delmon Young and B.J. Upton. I've heard it's not good. The question I have is do you let one bad apple, no matter how talented, spoil the bunch here.

MRM
06-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Dukes has a lot of talent, but you wonder the effect he's having on guys like Delmon Young and B.J. Upton. I've heard it's not good. The question I have is do you let one bad apple, no matter how talented, spoil the bunch here.

He's absolutely untradeable right now. What else are you going to do with him?

UserNameBlank
06-14-2007, 06:54 PM
He's absolutely untradeable right now. What else are you going to do with him?
Release him outright. Send a message to every member of the organization and everyone in baseball that the TB Devil Rays aren't going to put up with this kind of ****. Let Billy Beane pick him up so Dukes and Bradley can go on a killing spree or whatever the hell they'd do. Just get rid of him.

Then again, that takes some balls. TB hasn't shown they have any (except for Wills that is).

Gavin
06-20-2007, 01:12 AM
"According to sources, the Devil Rays are open to trading troubled outfielder Elijah Dukes. The 22-year-old was back in the news last week with reports that he was facing paternity issues with a sixth child born to a fifth different woman, the latest being a teenager who told police Dukes got her pregnant during consensual sex while she was a 17-year-old foster child at the home of Dukes' step-grandmother."

Just.. awesome.

WhiteSox5187
06-20-2007, 01:26 AM
Release him outright. Send a message to every member of the organization and everyone in baseball that the TB Devil Rays aren't going to put up with this kind of ****. Let Billy Beane pick him up so Dukes and Bradley can go on a killing spree or whatever the hell they'd do. Just get rid of him.

Then again, that takes some balls. TB hasn't shown they have any (except for Wills that is).
Ya know, he wouldn't be the first guy with a lot of talent to get out right released because of off the field problems. In a way, getting released might be good for him, might rattle him a little. But I think the guy is just a lost cause...he's a cancer. No one will touch him and TB is stuck with him. He was struggling last i checked, he might be a good candidate to get sent down. Riding on a bus to a town like Fargo is a good way to keep a kid out of trouble.

UserNameBlank
06-20-2007, 01:48 AM
Ya know, he wouldn't be the first guy with a lot of talent to get out right released because of off the field problems. In a way, getting released might be good for him, might rattle him a little. But I think the guy is just a lost cause...he's a cancer. No one will touch him and TB is stuck with him. He was struggling last i checked, he might be a good candidate to get sent down. Riding on a bus to a town like Fargo is a good way to keep a kid out of trouble.
I think it was his AA team that said they wouldn't take him back. His own teammates don't even like him. I agree that he's probably a lost cause, but sending him down isn't going to do anything but send a message to the other minor leaguers working hard for a shot in the majors that even if you are an organizational cancer, we still won't totally give up on you.

Over By There
06-20-2007, 10:20 AM
He called in to a Tampa sports blab yesterday... all the goodness here (http://blogs.tampabay.com/rays/2007/06/angry_dukes_sou.html).

"Just like the Bible says, If you know it's not true you don't have to say anything and I haven't been saying anything. But I will say something about this situation with my mom out my mouth, because everyone knows I do love my mom. And I am tough on my mom but I know for fact I never told nobody my mom smoked crack because that would be a lie on my behalf. She never told me and I never caught her.''

:thud:

Fenway
06-23-2007, 01:51 PM
He called in to a Tampa sports blab yesterday... all the goodness here (http://blogs.tampabay.com/rays/2007/06/angry_dukes_sou.html).

:thud:

You have to listen to it to see how screwed up this kid is :o:

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/TAMPA-FL/WDAE-AM/ELIJAH%20WITH%20RON%20%26%20IAN.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=TAMPA-FL&NG_FORMAT=sports&SITE_ID=1124&STATION_ID=WDAE-AM&PCAST_AUTHOR=620_WDAE_The_Sports_Animal&PCAST_CAT=WDAE_Personalities&PCAST_TITLE=Ron_and_Ian's_Podcasts

miker
06-23-2007, 02:20 PM
I don't want this to sound the wrong way and come across as racist Roadhouse material, but it's really sad to see all the classly black players in MLB trying to get more young black players involved in the game and then read about some piece of **** like Dukes doing this.
"Jerk" knows no color or race.