PDA

View Full Version : More Dye Speculation: This time AZ

UserNameBlank
06-14-2007, 10:49 AM
From MLBTR (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/):

Names mentioned are Micah Owings, Carlos Quentin, Alberto Callaspo, Mark Reynolds, Scott Hairston, Tony Pena, Dustin Nippert.

Micah Owings sounds like the biggest bounty. He's another fireballer but his K rate hasn't been extremely impressive at the higher levels. Anyone else know anything about him?

eriqjaffe
06-14-2007, 10:59 AM
Maybe we can get Chris Young back.

veeter
06-14-2007, 11:01 AM

Names mentioned are Micah Owings, Carlos Quentin, Alberto Callaspo, Mark Reynolds, Scott Hairston, Tony Pena, Dustin Nippert.

Micah Owings sounds like the biggest bounty. He's another fireballer but his K rate hasn't been extremely impressive at the higher levels. Anyone else know anything about him?No brainer here. Do it.

Flight #24
06-14-2007, 11:17 AM
The Sox need to start focusing on getting position players in. I'm all for the adage that pitching wins, but they're desperately short on young position guys and the ones they do have are still ?s.

Which means go get Owings, fine. But they'd better start planning on how to deal some of their young pitching for position guys then.

chaerulez
06-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Owings and Quentin would be a nice pick up for Dye. Quentin is struggling, but he is only 24 and at one time was a highly touted prospect. Owings is having a good rookie year, so I really doubt the D-Backs would trade him, I don't understand how losing Owings and gaining Dye makes them a better team.

UserNameBlank
06-14-2007, 12:02 PM
The Sox need to start focusing on getting position players in. I'm all for the adage that pitching wins, but they're desperately short on young position guys and the ones they do have are still ?s.

Which means go get Owings, fine. But they'd better start planning on how to deal some of their young pitching for position guys then.
Instead of all the constant Crawford rumors, I'd like to see something around BJ Upton. The D-Rays have Iwamura at 3B but have Longoria coming up, Cantu is I think still in Triple A, and they have a couple SS too. Of course they still need pitching, but I wouldn't mind seeing KW using his pitching to make a play at Upton. Maybe some of his off-field crap combined with TB's slew of MIF will make him available.

DSpivack
06-14-2007, 12:45 PM
Instead of all the constant Crawford rumors, I'd like to see something around BJ Upton. The D-Rays have Iwamura at 3B but have Longoria coming up, Cantu is I think still in Triple A, and they have a couple SS too. Of course they still need pitching, but I wouldn't mind seeing KW using his pitching to make a play at Upton. Maybe some of his off-field crap combined with TB's slew of MIF will make him available.

No way they trade Upton.

Tragg
06-14-2007, 12:52 PM

Micah Owings sounds like the biggest bounty. He's another fireballer but his K rate hasn't been extremely impressive at the higher levels. Anyone else know anything about him?
I watched him pitch several games in college. He was great, but that's against college players. He outpitched Bogusevik, who was drafted higher from the Wave. Broadway was great too, pitching in the same league as Owings and Bogie (I only saw Broadway a couple of times and he was a control pitcher, hitting those corners all game long).

We need hitters, though.

Scottiehaswheels
06-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Reynolds started off on a tear, has cooled off quite a bit since... Owings would be awesome to get for Dye though...

getonbckthr
06-14-2007, 01:12 PM
Owings and Quentin would be a nice pick up for Dye. Quentin is struggling, but he is only 24 and at one time was a highly touted prospect. Owings is having a good rookie year, so I really doubt the D-Backs would trade him, I don't understand how losing Owings and gaining Dye makes them a better team.
Give them Contreras to make up for Owings this season.

CWSpalehoseCWS
06-14-2007, 02:53 PM
At this point, Williams should just sell to the highest bidder. If the D'Backs, Dodgers and Padres are all after him there could be alot of return for Dye. Especially since they don't want each other to get him.

balke
06-14-2007, 03:02 PM
I bet the Diamondbacks are trying to shop Mark Reynolds while his numbers still look great.

He actually MIGHT not be a fluke, as far as being able to hit, but he's K'd a ton in his career. He looks like he can hit for power and possibly above .260 though, which would be an improvement from what we've got now. His cieling as far as hitting looks pretty high. Could be a .300 hitter in the end with a ton of power.