PDA

View Full Version : Floyd

LITTLE NELL
06-13-2007, 04:13 PM
Why not give Gavin Floyd a shot. He cant be worse than these other mopes we brought from Charlotte.

CHISOXFAN13
06-13-2007, 04:14 PM
I'd rather he start, and at this point, there's no way in hell he supplants anyone from this rotation. It's the only positive, sans Janks, about this team.

getonbckthr
06-13-2007, 04:15 PM
I'd rather he start, and at this point, there's no way in hell he supplants anyone from this rotation. It's the only positive, sans Janks, about this team.
He could replace Burls or Contreras when they are shipped off in July.

CPditka
06-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Bring em up. Bring up Sweeney, too...Nothing can be worse.

jabrch
06-13-2007, 04:43 PM

That's looking less and less deeppink and more and more likely.

balke
06-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Let's just field AAA Charlotte and change our name to the Royals.

WhiteSox5187
06-13-2007, 06:45 PM
That's looking less and less deeppink and more and more likely.
I agree...I would have no problem parting ways with Jose, but I don't want to trade Buerhle. I want him to play his whole career here.

champagne030
06-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Why not give Gavin Floyd a shot. He cant be worse than these other mopes we brought from Charlotte.

I'll pass. I've already seen Scott Ruffcorn pitch.

balke
06-14-2007, 09:06 AM

Why this is deeppink I'll never know. Buehrle is 28, and this is Chicago. The Sox don't need to trade for gamble prospects, we've seen what happens to talent in AAA Charlotte lately.

Keep the starting pitching in tact, and start drafting better hitters. The sox can only afford to lose one pitcher right now, and I'm hoping that pitcher would either be Vazquez or Contreras. They need to keep the majority of the rotation in tact, because we have seen that something as small as a good leadoff hitter can completely change the complexion of this team.

I don't have the stats in front of me but I know even before this season the Sox were someting like 44 games above .500 with Scott Podsednik in the lineup and I believe .500 or below without. Put some speed at the top of the order, and keep this starting pitching in tact, and the Sox could be winning again as soon as the all-star break.

Gavin Floyd can figure out by next season whether he's going to be a productive major league starter, or a guy we can plug into a weakened bullpen.