PDA

View Full Version : LOL@ the radio post-game show

PatK
06-13-2007, 04:27 PM
We're only a couple of callers in, and the Rowand man-love is already out of control.

I'm so glad the callers aren't the GM.

SoxFan78
06-13-2007, 04:29 PM
This is so bad, but I cant turn it off. A caller before said the worst person they have brought up is Luis Terrero.

Looks like the stupid are flooding the phone lines.

sox1970
06-13-2007, 04:30 PM
The Rongey postgame is so bad, it's good. I feel for the guy.

Sargeant79
06-13-2007, 04:32 PM
I've noticed that Rongey is increasingly at a loss when dealing with the stupidity of most of these callers. He's been a little more testy and willing to directly call people out than usual the past couple weeks. I don't envy his job right now.

PatK
06-13-2007, 04:42 PM
I've noticed that Rongey is increasingly at a loss when dealing with the stupidity of most of these callers. He's been a little more testy and willing to directly call people out than usual the past couple weeks. I don't envy his job right now.

I swear, I can hear his eyes rolling back in his head when some of these guys start spewing their nonsense.

I am very tempted to call up and apologize to him on behalf of all Sox fans for the stupidity.

Viva Medias B's
06-13-2007, 04:45 PM
In one of the loss postgame thread this past week, I invoked the name Howard Beale in the thread title while wondering if Rongey would snap like the late Peter Finch's Beale did in the movie Network. The Rowand man-love calls just may push him over the edge.

CPditka
06-13-2007, 04:52 PM
Aaron Rowand is gone. He is like your EX - girlfriend. No matter how hot they are, no matter how good of times you had together. They are gone. Let it go people.

southside rocks
06-13-2007, 04:56 PM
I swear, I can hear his eyes rolling back in his head when some of these guys start spewing their nonsense.

I am very tempted to call up and apologize to him on behalf of all Sox fans for the stupidity.

Poor Rongey, I heard him snapping at a caller the other night, and he said "I HAVE looked at the damn stats!" His nerves must be beyond frayed. I don't envy him his job this summer!

SoxFan78
06-13-2007, 05:02 PM
At least they ended the show with a classic Office Space clip.

Viva Medias B's
06-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Poor Rongey, I heard him snapping at a caller the other night, and he said "I HAVE looked at the damn stats!" His nerves must be beyond frayed. I don't envy him his job this summer!

[Do we have a Chris Rongey tag?]
"I'M MAD AS HELL!!!! AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!"

DSpivack
06-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Aaron Rowand is gone. He is like your EX - girlfriend. No matter how hot they are, no matter how good of times you had together. They are gone. Let it go people.

What if you never loved 'her' in the first place? :tongue:

[Do we have a Chris Rongey tag?]
"I'M MAD AS HELL!!!! AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!"

That could describe Rongey and callers, or fans and the team...

CPditka
06-13-2007, 05:58 PM
What if you never loved 'her' in the first place? :tongue:

That could describe Rongey and callers, or fans and the team...

Well I guess its like an ex girlfriend that took bad routes and made spectacular plays because they had a bad first step........

chisoxwschamps05
06-13-2007, 06:02 PM
I was tempted to call in and ask if we should trade for Rowand, then turn a straight up deal of Singleton for Rooney, and then...:rolleyes:

HE'S GONE!! GET OVER IT!!

alohafri
06-13-2007, 06:08 PM
This is so bad, but I cant turn it off. A caller before said the worst person they have brought up is Luis Terrero.

Looks like the stupid are flooding the phone lines.

Apparently this guy is busy when Bukvich or Prinz are pitching.

sodfatherjunior
06-13-2007, 07:13 PM
My roommate once pointed out to me something about Bears fans being that he's got Bears season tickets and that was that 80 percent of Bears fans are absolute morons, to keep it clean. After listening to Sox postgame a bunch of times this year I can now say that I feel the same way about White Sox fans.........the exception to those 20 percent of Sox fans that are not morons are the ones that post on WSI of course!

WhiteSox5187
06-13-2007, 07:18 PM
She WILL come back! It's only a matter of time! She still loves me! She still loves me!!!

I loved Rogney's comments on Towers the other day "All you have to do is throw strikes? Well, duh! Jesus Christ! Do you think he'd tell the damn papers that if it was some big exclusive?"

rocky biddle
06-13-2007, 07:34 PM
My roommate once pointed out to me something about Bears fans being that he's got Bears season tickets and that was that 80 percent of Bears fans are absolute morons, to keep it clean. After listening to Sox postgame a bunch of times this year I can now say that I feel the same way about White Sox fans.........the exception to those 20 percent of Sox fans that are not morons are the ones that post on WSI of course!

I don't think you can use callers to sports blab radio as a sample to judge a team's fans. Most of these people wait on hold for a long time just to do their best Windsock impression. They don't even have to open their mouths to prove their idiocy.