PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Just another day at the office 6/13 postgame thread

chisoxmike
06-13-2007, 04:10 PM
:(::whiner:

Dan Mega
06-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Yup :(::(:

The Immigrant
06-13-2007, 04:11 PM
:anon:

The Legend of Aaron Rowand grows.

CLR01
06-13-2007, 04:15 PM
4 runs today. :bandance: That's how you spell progress. Pretty soon they'll be winning 20-5 every night.

Any day now.

PatK
06-13-2007, 04:15 PM
Thornton has all of a sudden gotten terrible.

I am almost to the point where I can't watch or listen to the Sox once the starter leaves the game.

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Thornton has all of a sudden gotten terrible.

I am almost to the point where I can't watch or listen to the Sox once the starter leaves the game.

Maybe we need to instill a new game rule - 3 innings.

After the 4th begins is when I become afraid of a game outcome.

Mr.1Dog
06-13-2007, 04:17 PM
4 runs today. :bandance: That's how you spell progress. Pretty soon they'll be winning 20-5 every night.

Any day now.

:gulp:Now that's optimism.

WhiteSox5187
06-13-2007, 04:18 PM
This team is just unreal. A tied game going into later innings, I was sitting there thinking "Oh! How are we going to lose this one!"

Jjav829
06-13-2007, 04:18 PM
I gotta say, this Phillies-Sox series has done wonders for my WSI Roto team with Utley, Howard and Rowand. :yup:

bryPt
06-13-2007, 04:21 PM
what if we pitched 4 of our starters each night, 2 innings a piece, then pitch Jenks in the 9th, giving one starter a day off?

Palehose Pete
06-13-2007, 04:23 PM
My GOD do the Sox suck right now.

Just terrible, this team right now.

JorgeFabregas
06-13-2007, 04:24 PM

Any day now.
Can we get a graph? I figure that round about early July the White Sox should win every game by double digits.

thomas35forever
06-13-2007, 04:27 PM
Story of the season today.

I said on Opening Day I could tell how this team was going to do this season by how they played the first game. A lot of people read that statement and laughed, but I don't think anybody's laughing right now.

JorgeFabregas
06-13-2007, 04:28 PM
You really don't think so?

PKalltheway
06-13-2007, 04:29 PM
As the Hawk said during the telecast, there are 100 games left. Personally, I just can't see this team going 68-32 during that stretch.

palehozenychicty
06-13-2007, 04:29 PM
:(:

russ99
06-13-2007, 04:30 PM
As the Hawk said during the telecast, there are 100 games left. Personally, I just can't see this team going 68-32 during that stretch.

I can't see this team going 50-50! And that's really a shame considering the quality starting pitching we have.

06-13-2007, 04:32 PM
I gotta say, this Phillies-Sox series has done wonders for my WSI Roto team with Utley, Howard and Rowand. :yup:

Uncatchable.

Juice16
I'm at work, the last I checked the Sox were up 3-2. I just checked now, saw 8-4, then a grand slam for Aaron....... all I could do is smile. This season is so un****ingbelievable.

getonbckthr
:lol:
Can you guys just end the misery and start moving next seasons free agents.

MeteorsSox4367
Nothing beats listening to another stellar Sox performance at work with Cub fans walking by your cube making smartass comments about the Sox' current state of affairs and my reaction to them.

Awesome. Just awesome. I want to put my head through the monitor, but it's a flatscreen and my head is too damn big.

At least I won't have to worry about watching the replay when I get home from work. Maybe there's some poker or a spelling bee on.

sox1970
I can't see this team going 50-50! And that's really a shame considering the quality starting pitching we have.

They'll lose 90+ this year.

Juice16
06-13-2007, 04:34 PM
Nothing beats listening to another stellar Sox performance at work with Cub fans walking by your cube making smartass comments about the Sox' current state of affairs and my reaction to them.

Awesome. Just awesome. I want to put my head through the monitor, but it's a flatscreen and my head is too damn big.

At least I won't have to worry about watching the replay when I get home from work. Maybe there's some poker or a spelling bee on.

I hear you so loud and clear. I'm dealing with this everyday myself.

BeviBall!
06-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Remember when we were all looking forward to June and our "easy" schedule? How's that working out for us?

PatK
06-13-2007, 04:39 PM

Like they have any room to tallk.

At least we have a couple of valid excuses for sucking.

sox1970
06-13-2007, 04:40 PM

Just remind them that the Cubs are lucky to be in the NL Central.

Bucky F. Dent
06-13-2007, 04:46 PM
Lord!
I am glad I wasn't home to watch this train wreck.

oeo
06-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Story of the season today.

I said on Opening Day I could tell how this team was going to do this season by how they played the first game. A lot of people read that statement and laughed, but I don't think anybody's laughing right now.

I am; that's ridiculous. Contreras sucked, kind of like he sucked last night.

AJ Hellraiser
06-13-2007, 04:52 PM

Why would you take any grief from Cubs fans? Please remind them that despite our current slide they are only percentage points better than us....

their only saving grace is that they play in the worst division in baseball!! If the Sox were in that division, we'd be in the exact same place they are!

If they continue to bother you, just remind them that no matter how bad it gets on the south side, we still have 2005 to think about... what can they look back at?

I mean seriously, the nerve of those people.. do any of them realize that when it is 100 seasons without a championship, there is going to be an overwhelming amount of stories discussing them as being the worst professional sports franchise in the history of this country because they'll be the only one that's gone 100 years since winning it all?

SoxSpeed22
06-13-2007, 04:56 PM
When does Bears training camp start? :anon:

pasquasroachclip
06-13-2007, 04:57 PM

More likely 32-68 at this rate

delben91
06-13-2007, 05:01 PM

Based on their last 20 games, they'd go about 15-85.

But if CLR is right, it might be that they lose the next 15 and go undefeated the rest of the way! :bandance::bandance:

:gulp:

Jurr
06-13-2007, 05:03 PM
I have always been a die hard Sox fan, but the internet began providing a little more "bang for the buck", making fandom even more severe. Now you get to watch highlights, read postgame remarks every day, and discuss the games on message boards.

Since the days that I've been following the Sox with the help of the 'net, I can't remember a time this bad. Even the 2001 Sox, as bad as they were, hovered around .500. This team has absolutely no spine, has tuned out the coaches and managers, and is robbing Jerry Reinsdorf blind.

Screw the '05 love for the players that were there. Get these bums out of town. It's time to start anew.

Procol Harum
06-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Remember when we were all looking forward to June and our "easy" schedule? How's that working out for us?

Preach that, bro'....'specially all these games in NL parks w/o a DH--take away another hitter from this line-up and expect them to do well??? This is pretty much the pits--impossible to believe that this bunch won the WS just a year and a half ago.

Hitmen77
06-13-2007, 05:12 PM
How far back to you have to go to find the last time the Sox went through a stretch where they were 3-15 (or worse)?

CLR01
06-13-2007, 05:15 PM
Can we get a graph? I figure that round about early July the White Sox should win every game by double digits.

Absolutely. It's rather impressive.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n15/chisox716/chart.jpg?t=1181769232

getonbckthr
06-13-2007, 05:17 PM

Quick question on the graph. You have points where the green shoots up. Is that Javy, Jose or the bullpen?:D:

downstairs
06-13-2007, 05:18 PM
How far back to you have to go to find the last time the Sox went through a stretch where they were 3-15 (or worse)?

1999 in August.

Yeah, THAT bad.

chisoxmike
06-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Screw the '05 love for the players that were there.

I've been saying this for a while now.

'05 was a amazing time. Something I'll never forget and be forever greatful for, but, to keep saying "Like in '05.." or "Remember in '05..." or "This happend today, just like in '05 so..." will get the present teams and future teams nowhere. It's time to move on. This organazation had a prime opportunity to become something special, and they blew it.

Failing last season to make the playoffs when they should've, and now this season; getting old in front of our eyes and not improving has killed us. Its sad really. This team desperatly needed to make the playoffs this year and it will take a miracle to get there now. The crowds will leave Comiskey this summer and the ST base will probably drop.

KW has a complete overhaul ahead of him throughout this season and this offseason. Much like the '04 offseason. Stay tuned.

For better or worse... Go Sox!

CLR01
06-13-2007, 05:21 PM
Quick question on the graph. You have points where the green shoots up. Is that Javy, Jose or the bullpen?:D:

Those are "cold weather, thin air, high sky" days where the pitches just don't break.

MushMouth
06-13-2007, 05:24 PM

Hahhaha

Sweet! 120+ wins!

This is going to be so awesome :bandance:

southside rocks
06-13-2007, 05:25 PM

Professional bull riding. Tommy LaSorda loves it and you will too. :thumbsup:

CLR01
06-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Hahhaha

Sweet! 120+ wins!

This is going to be so awesome :bandance:

It will be. Just remember though, we still have 2 more losses to go before the wins start coming.

JB98
06-13-2007, 05:29 PM

The Sox have dropped 35 games this year. Guess how many losses the Cubs have: 35. The Cubs are better than us how?

Paulwny
06-13-2007, 05:34 PM
The Sox have dropped 35 games this year. Guess how many losses the Cubs have: 35. The Cubs are better than us how?

Their still contending and their games still mean something.

CLR01
06-13-2007, 05:38 PM
Their still contending and their games still mean something.

That doesn't mean they are better it just means there division is worse than ours.

Paulwny
06-13-2007, 05:41 PM
That doesn't mean they are better it just means there division is worse than ours.

OK, then let's say their "better off".

jdm2662
06-13-2007, 06:15 PM

Seriously. Who gives a crap on what they think. Come back to me when not only when your team is over .500, but also when you get to experience a World Series. Despite how crappy the Sox have been this year (and we are talking late 80s bad), I can no longer say I will never see a World Series in my life. Not that it makes this year's performance acceptable, but it still the ulitmate experience.

wassagstdu
06-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Not a bad day. Thome got a well-deserved standing ovation from Phillies fans and Rowand hit a grand slam. And nothing new happened that was bad.

Jjav829
06-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Uncatchable.

No, that's my WSI H2H team that is a whopping 18 games up (though soxfan26 brought me down a bit last week). My Roto team is only in 1st by 4 points (though 3rd place is 20 points back). Thome is still available...I probably should have accepted that trade you offered. :dunno:

Lip Man 1
06-13-2007, 07:16 PM
This and That:

It is beyond comprehension how this team can look this bad.

I understand about the injuries, I understand they don’t have a bullpen but still...3-15 with a lot of games against similar bad teams.

This club is reminding me in many ways of the White Sox teams from 1968, 1969 and 1970.

You’d look at their roster and see a lot of talent. Names like Herrmann, John, Aparicio, Horlen, Melton, Wood, Berry and Walt Williams, yet when it came time to play they were horrid.

Sporadic hitting (like now), bad pitching (like now.)

Even worse what may be happening now is something Ed Herrmann told me in an interview about those teams, that is, that the mind set was totally destroyed. Herrmann said it got to the point the players were coming to the park, EXPECTING to lose...the only question was, ‘how’ it was going to happen.

Jurr:

Keep this in mind about 2001, to the players everylasting credit. Despite the pitching staff being torn apart by injuries and despite being 15 under .500 in late May, they finished the year with 83 wins, becomming only the second team (Milwaukee) to ever be 15 under yet end with a winning season.

Hitmen:

The two stretches that compare to this one are as follows:

1991 (87 wins) 3-16 from 8/12 to 8/30 (including a nine game losing streak.)

1997 (80 wins) 7-17 from 7/14 to 8/8.

Lip

06-13-2007, 07:52 PM
I probably should have accepted that trade you offered. :dunno:

Fantastic that you say that now. Instead I am getting Jeff Kent. :(:

ma-gaga
06-13-2007, 07:57 PM
No, that's my WSI H2H team that is a whopping 18 games up (though soxfan26 brought me down a bit last week). My Roto team is only in 1st by 4 points (though 3rd place is 20 points back). Thome is still available...I probably should have accepted that trade you offered. :dunno:

You still have to win in the playoffs, and I've upgraded my pitching staff. [jaws music playing]

I'm bummed about the drop in my Roto team. I guess my whole "hell, I have Gagne, I don't need another closer" strategy isn't going very well.

(This is a BAD post-game thread.)

LongLiveFisk
06-13-2007, 08:05 PM

At least we have a couple of valid excuses for sucking.

Well, the big difference is, Sox fans actually hold their team to a higher standard and don't accept losing with the grain of salt and the shrug of the shoulders that Cub fans do with their team. They've been so used to losing for so long that they've almost come to expect it. And accept it. We don't, and that's why they are enjoying what's happening right now regardless of their own paltry, underachieving situation.

SoxSpeed22
06-13-2007, 08:09 PM
You still have to win in the playoffs, and I've upgraded my pitching staff. [jaws music playing]

I'm bummed about the drop in my Roto team. I guess my whole "hell, I have Gagne, I don't need another closer" strategy isn't going very well.

(This is a BAD post-game thread.)While we're in the WSI Fantasy league hi-jack, who wants a closer or SP? My team stinks.

Mr. White Sox
06-13-2007, 08:23 PM
While we're in the WSI Fantasy league hi-jack, who wants a closer or SP? My team stinks.

Don't need one, but I could definitely use a big bopper. What was that bit about Thome being available? Hmmm?

Noneck
06-13-2007, 08:25 PM
This and That:

This club is reminding me in many ways of the White Sox teams from 1968, 1969 and 1970.

You’d look at their roster and see a lot of talent. Names like Herrmann, John, Aparicio, Horlen, Melton, Wood, Berry and Walt Williams, yet when it came time to play they were horrid.

Lip

But at least back then, John Justin Smith gave us hope by telling us of the coming of our savior, Gonzales Vorbeck.

Jjav829
06-13-2007, 08:28 PM
Fantastic that you say that now. Instead I am getting Jeff Kent. :(:

I was actually going to offer a similar trade, but forgot. :o:

Don't need one, but I could definitely use a big bopper. What was that bit about Thome being available? Hmmm?

Make an offer...

I need another starter.

(This is a BAD post-game thread.)

This must be thrilling conversation for those not among the 14 members of the WSI 1 league. :tongue::D:

santo=dorf
06-13-2007, 08:28 PM
They beat us 2 out of 3. Just sayin'.

You know if the shoe was on the other foot that would be the answer around here.

Chisox353014
06-13-2007, 08:40 PM
As the Hawk said during the telecast, there are 100 games left.

This is not a good thing. Sadly, I don't think we're even close to hitting the proverbial rock-bottom yet. :cower:

Grzegorz
06-13-2007, 09:54 PM
If it is true that Bret Prinz and Dewon Day were not used because they didn't feel stretched out than goodbye to them.

If this story is true those two guys are not fighters. I do not want a team without fighters.

PeoriaSoxFan
06-13-2007, 10:41 PM
Our relievers are really getting good...........at giving up grand slams that is. How many is that in the last few weeks? About 1/2 this team belongs in the minors. Even with that said, losing 14 out of 17, or whatever it is, is just crazy. It defies explanation.

:o:

JB98
06-13-2007, 10:47 PM
They beat us 2 out of 3. Just sayin'.

You know if the shoe was on the other foot that would be the answer around here.

For the flubsessed like you, I'm sure it would. The Sox suck this year. So do the Cubs. Fans of horse**** below .500 teams have no reason to be talking junk at all.

PeoriaSoxFan
06-13-2007, 10:50 PM
As bad as it is, I keep thinking if we could only rattle off 10 straight. I still believe and am not even on drugs.

JB98
06-13-2007, 11:00 PM
As bad as it is, I keep thinking if we could only rattle off 10 straight. I still believe and am not even on drugs.

I'd settle for two in a row right now, just to regain my own sanity and find some semblance of hope.

jdm2662
06-13-2007, 11:05 PM

The 1989 White Sox won eight in a row at one point in the season. It sure can happen. However, two wins in a row would be nice right now. This pretty much sums up the Sox right now should that happen:

http://www.snoopy.com/comics/peanuts/meet_the_gang/images/strips/f4f2.gif

Tragg
06-13-2007, 11:15 PM
If it is true that Bret Prinz and Dewon Day were not used because they didn't feel stretched out than goodbye to them.

Not stretched out? I thought that was the "reason" McCarthy couldn't start last year. These 2 dudes should get a nice bus ticket back to Carolina if that's their attitude.

JB98
06-13-2007, 11:18 PM
Not stretched out? I thought that was the "reason" McCarthy couldn't start last year. These 2 dudes should get a nice bus ticket back to Carolina if that's their attitude.

Those two should get a bus ticket back to Carolina because they aren't good enough to be here. Unfortunately, MacDougal, Aarsdma and Sisco aren't good enough to be here either. We have no good options at this point.

Brian26
06-14-2007, 12:18 AM
It defies explanation.

Not really. The team is banged up, with 1/3 of the opening day lineup on the DL (Crede, Erstad, Pods) , along with another 1/3 of the opening day lineup battling injuries (Thome, Dye, Iguchi). Key reserves were/are on the DL (Ozuna, Owens, Hall). On top of all that, the bullpen has been terrible.

ShoelessJoeS
06-14-2007, 12:28 AM
The 1989 White Sox won eight in a row at one point in the season. It sure can happen.So did the '05 Sox.... four times.

:smile:

letsgosox1592
06-14-2007, 12:32 AM
N Key reserves were/are on the DL (Ozuna, Owens, Hall). .

i do not recall hearing jerry owens being on the d.l. it was only a strained hamstring or quad and just precautionary.

Fuller_Schettman
06-14-2007, 01:12 AM
I am ossified by the sheer girth of our collective hellaciousnessism! My flummoxia is a gaping maw of inexplicitude. Our cup of pissocity truly runneth over! :?:

WhiteSox5187
06-14-2007, 02:31 AM
This is not a good thing. Sadly, I don't think we're even close to hitting the proverbial rock-bottom yet. :cower:
Well...we've lost a third of our opening day line up, this bullpen is awful, Christ, we've even been hit by locusts! What else can go wrong? The outfield grass turns blood red?

Grzegorz
06-14-2007, 05:39 AM

I apologize, they story implies that they couldn't get loose. It also notes Dewon Day has a sore lower back.

Here's the story:

www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-070613soxgamer,1,1216730.story?coll=chi-sportstop-hed

This issue is addressed eight paragraphs into the story.

Either way, goodbye to you both...

Hitmen77
06-14-2007, 09:35 AM
I apologize, they story implies that they couldn't get loose. It also notes Dewon Day has a sore lower back.

Here's the story:

www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-070613soxgamer,1,1216730.story?coll=chi-sportstop-hed (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-070613soxgamer,1,1216730.story?coll=chi-sportstop-hed)

This issue is addressed eight paragraphs into the story.

Either way, goodbye to you both...

So, we should kick Dewon Day off the team because he has a sore lower back?:?: I guess since we have so many relievers waiting in the wings to take his place, let's do it!

southside rocks
06-14-2007, 10:20 AM
So, we should kick Dewon Day off the team because he has a sore lower back?:?: I guess since we have so many relievers waiting in the wings to take his place, let's do it!

Hey, didn't Cliff Politte have shoulder surgery last summer after the Sox released him? Maybe he'd like to drop by the Cell and pitch a few innings!

Grzegorz
06-14-2007, 04:20 PM

No, the story implies both could not get loose. I am going on that information.

edit: I am wrong again; Dewon Day had a sore back. There is nothing about him being asked to pitch.

oeo
06-14-2007, 04:24 PM
Hey, didn't Cliff Politte have shoulder surgery last summer after the Sox released him? Maybe he'd like to drop by the Cell and pitch a few innings!

Politte is busy sucking for the Indians AA affiliate.

southside rocks
06-14-2007, 05:17 PM
Politte is busy sucking for the Indians AA affiliate.

Yes, I looked him up after I posted that, and there he is in a Tribe cap. I hope he does well, but at the same time I hope he isn't in the postseason when the Sox aren't. :(:

I don't know if playing the 2005 WS DVD would cheer me up right now, or make me even more sad.