PDA

View Full Version : popcorn and crackerjack?

Fenway
06-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Who on earth tried to sing at Wrigley tonight "buy me some popcorn and crackerjack" we never got her name

Brian26
06-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Who on earth tried to sing at Wrigley tonight "buy me some popcorn and crackerjack" we never got her name

Pick any female between the ages of 19-29 sitting between the left field foul pole and the batter's eye.

rdwj
06-12-2007, 11:01 PM
It was Kelly Pickler - she was on American Idol last year I think. She has to be one of the dumbest human beings on the face of the earth; as she showed during her interview. She's lucky she's cute.

Fenway
06-13-2007, 09:52 AM
It was Kelly Pickler - she was on American Idol last year I think. She has to be one of the dumbest human beings on the face of the earth; as she showed during her interview. She's lucky she's cute.

We got the impression she had never seen a baseball game in her life.....

they really have to end this guest conductor farce and just show a video of Harry singing

oh wait

well just play an audio tape.....

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Pick any female between the ages of 19-29 sitting between the left field foul pole and the left field foul pole.

Fixed it for you.

Rocky Soprano
06-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Anyone have a clip?

Fenway
06-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Anyone have a clip?

not yet but somebody updated "wiki"

On June 12, 2007, Kellie sang "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" at Wrigley Field. She inadvertently sang " . . . Buy me some popcorn and Cracker Jacks . . . " citing later "I guess I like popcorn better than peanuts." She added during her interview with the Comcast SportNet broadcasters that she almost said "apple jacks," and then asked "Apple Jacks is a cereal, right?" Later during the interview she pointed at the outfield and asked "They call that the outfield, there, right?....Sometimes I get that mixed up with racing, you know we have an infield in NASCAR... But you donít camp out in the outfield."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kellie_Pickler#TV_appearances.2C_performances.2C_. 26_other_events

ewokpelts
06-13-2007, 12:25 PM
not yet but somebody updated "wiki"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kellie_Pickler#TV_appearances.2C_performances.2C_. 26_other_events and i thought william hung was bad for america

chisoxwschamps05
06-15-2007, 04:15 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1Zvmivq5r2k

Video

getonbckthr
06-15-2007, 04:20 PM
She's no Carrie Underwood.

eriqjaffe
06-15-2007, 04:25 PM
Who on earth tried to sing at Wrigley tonight "buy me some popcorn and crackerjack" we never got her nameYou know, in theory, I'd say, "what makes you think that anybody here was watching the Cubs game?"

DumpJerry
06-15-2007, 04:26 PM
She also sang "I don't care if I never come back":rolleyes:

Fenway
06-15-2007, 04:33 PM
She also sang "I don't care if I never come back":rolleyes:

spoken like a true Cubs fan :gulp:

eriqjaffe
06-15-2007, 05:06 PM
Maybe she was just trying to resurrect that "Harry's Been Drinking For 6 1/2 Innings" feeling. :shrug:

Railsplitter
06-16-2007, 11:24 AM
Also, this proper lyrics have "take me out with the crowd" not "take my ou to the crowd."

Fenway
06-16-2007, 11:35 AM
You know, in theory, I'd say, "what makes you think that anybody here was watching the Cubs game?"

Because I know White Sox fans...you watch the Cubs like I watch the Yankees

proof is I got a response :tongue:

MarySwiss
06-16-2007, 11:42 AM

Sorry, Fens; not all of us do. Only time I watch them is when they're playing the Sox.

DumpJerry
06-16-2007, 11:46 AM

Wrongo. Most of us ignore the Cubs. You got a response because you posted here. I did not know about this rendition until it was posted here. I'm sure 99.6% of us can say the same thing.

The Yankees are division rivals of the Red Sox, the Cubs are only a team we play 6 times a year to us. Huge difference.

Fenway
06-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Wrongo. Most of us ignore the Cubs. You got a response because you posted here. I did not know about this rendition until it was posted here. I'm sure 99.6% of us can say the same thing.

The Yankees are division rivals of the Red Sox, the Cubs are only a team we play 6 times a year to us. Huge difference.

I stand corrected :smile:

Brian26
06-16-2007, 12:16 PM

I haven't watched more than 30 seconds of a Cubs game since the 2003 playoffs.

TornLabrum
06-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Also, this proper lyrics have "take me out with the crowd" not "take my ou to the crowd."

The lyrics are by Jack Norworth. For the record, here are the verses from both 1908 and 1927. You'll notice that most people, especially Harry Caray, and especially because of Harry Caray, don't know the actual lyrics to the chorus.

1908 version:

VERSE

Katie Casey was base ball mad.
Had the fever and had it bad;
Just to root for the home town crew,
Ev'ry sou Katie blew.
On a Saturday, he young beau
Called to see if she'd like to go,
To see a show but Miss Kate said,
"No, I'll tell you what you can do."

CHORUS

"Take me out to the ball game
Take me out with the crowd
Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack
I don't care if I never get back
Let me root, root, root for the home team
If they don't win it's a shame
For it's one, two, three strikes you're out
At the old ball game."

VERSE

Katie Casey saw all the games,
Knew the players by their first names;
Told the umpire he was wrong,
All along good and strong.
When the score was just two to two,
Katie Casey knew what to do,
Just to cheer up the boys she knew,
She made the gang sing this song:

CHORUS

And now the 1927 version:

Nelly Kelly love baseball games,
Knew the players, knew all their names,
You could see her there ev'ry day,
Shout "Hurray," when they'd play.
Her boy friend by the name of Joe
Said, "To Coney Isle, dear, let's go,"
Then Nelly started to fret and pout,
And to him I heard her shout.

CHORUS

Nelly Kelly was sure some fan,
She would root just like any man,
Told the umpire he was wrong,
All along, good and strong.
When the score was just two to two,
Nelly Kelly knew what to do,
Just to cheer up the boys she knew,
She made the gang sing this song.

CHORUS

Dan1972
06-16-2007, 08:43 PM
Why are they even still doing this?! How long has Harry been dead? Its long stopped being a "tribute" to Harry and turned into a lame venue for celebrities to promote something that has nothing to do with baseball. The Sox do things like that from time to time....but not every game!

Today they had the game on at work and they had Julia Louis-Dreyfus sing it and then they kept playing the theme from Seinfeld. What year is it? 1997?

FireMariotti
06-17-2007, 01:49 AM
What's wrong with watching a Cubs game? It's friggin' baseball. I enjoy watching a game no matter who takes the field. That doesn't mean you have to cheer on the Cubs. I sure don't. You can root on the other team if you are that insecure.

I'm not lucky enough to have an Extra Innings package or anything like that, so Cubs games make up a significant percentage of Non White Sox games I can watch.

MRM
06-17-2007, 05:50 AM
Most of us ignore the Cubs.

That's the most blatent lie I've seen written in here.

MRM
06-17-2007, 05:54 AM
Why are they even still doing this?! How long has Harry been dead? Its long stopped being a "tribute" to Harry

It's not a "tribute" to Harry. Why do they still do it at Sox park?

Clembasbal
06-17-2007, 09:16 AM
Sadly/Gladly I went to that game and sat in Suite Number 5...the "Double Play" Suite. All you can drink and eat...all expenses paid by LaSalle Bank.

Anyway, in the suite right next door was Kelly Pickler. I literally could have high-fived her if I wanted to, but I didn't. I tried taking some sneaky photos of her on my phone, but you can barely see her.

Long story short, she has had some surgery...I think mostly in the neck and more than likely a chin implant.

Dan1972
06-18-2007, 01:10 PM
It's not a "tribute" to Harry. Why do they still do it at Sox park?

I meant the celebrities singing it every day. I believe they did it the year after Harry died and it was supposed to be a tribute to him. I did not mean singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" was a tribute. I think they do that at every park.