PDA

View Full Version : Ichiro Hates Cleveland?

mbwhitesox
06-12-2007, 04:51 PM
They were just talking on PTI about Ichiro and how he said something to the effect of "If I ever said I liked Cleveland I'd punch myself in the face because I'd be lying".

I have no idea why he said this or if it is actually true but I thought it was pretty hilarious. Sounds like he'd fit right in with the Sox next year :thumbsup:

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-12-2007, 04:56 PM
:?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

MRM
06-12-2007, 05:04 PM
They were just talking on PTI about Ichiro and how he said something to the effect of "If I ever said I liked Cleveland I'd punch myself in the face because I'd be lying".

I have no idea why he said this or if it is actually true but I thought it was pretty hilarious. Sounds like he'd fit right in with the Sox next year :thumbsup:

The guy is absolutely amazing but no way I'd break the bank to get him. He's going to get a huge long-term deal with someone, but he's going to be 34 years old. At that age you just can't predict when a precipitous decline is going to come...but it's definately coming sooner rather than later.

WSox597
06-12-2007, 06:41 PM
I've been there on several occasions. Ichiro has good taste.

Leaving Seattle to join Cleveland would be a terrible change for anybody. Gives me the shivers just thinking about it.

I still remember the lake catching fire.

getonbckthr
06-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Who doesn't hate Cleveland? I bet the people that actually live there hate it as much as we do.

soxwon
06-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Pinella was talkin to the press today, and when asked how he talked to Ichiro in seattle, he said.
"I talked to him in Spanish", it seems Pinella speaks no Japanese and Ichiro knew a little Spanish, as
does Lou.

MRM
06-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Who doesn't hate Cleveland? I bet the people that actually live there hate it as much as we do.

This is true. My uncle lives there after living in Chicago and Valparaiso (sp?) He thinks Cleveland is the biggest dump he's ever seen. I've only been there once, for a football game, and certainly wasn't impressed.

soxwon
06-12-2007, 08:05 PM
This is true. My uncle lives there after living in Chicago and Valparaiso (sp?) He thinks Cleveland is the biggest dump he's ever seen. I've only been there once, for a football game, and certainly wasn't impressed.

I love Cleveland, the downtown is great, nice ballpark
rnr hall, Lotsa bars.
I look forward to going there every year, except we usually lose.
The indian fans are decent, atleast the ones ive meet.

Now DETROIT thats a DUMP.

getonbckthr
06-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Pinella was talkin to the press today, and when asked how he talked to Ichiro in seattle, he said.
"I talked to him in Spanish", it seems Pinella speaks no Japanese and Ichiro knew a little Spanish, as
does Lou.
Ozzie speaks spanish.

ilsox7
06-12-2007, 08:10 PM

Cleveland is not a bad place. Downtown is pretty vacant, but there is actually plenty to do either downtown or in other places close to downtown. Certainly no Chicago, but not a bad place for a weekend or to live for a bit.

Brian26
06-12-2007, 08:11 PM

He's obviously never been to Phoenix.

MRM
06-12-2007, 09:48 PM
I love Cleveland, the downtown is great, nice ballpark
rnr hall, Lotsa bars.
I look forward to going there every year, except we usually lose.
The indian fans are decent, atleast the ones ive meet.

Now DETROIT thats a DUMP.

The one time I was there was for a Cowboys-Browns game at "the mistake by the lake". The fans were obnoxious and constantly chided me and my party for our Cowboys Jerseys, a few of them even tried to start a fight in the parking lot after the game. From my recollection the city was the dirtiest I've seen and I've BEEN to Detroit as well. My uncle lives in a suburb of Cleveland and has for the last 5 years, he still avoids that city like the plague.

All I know is my limited experience there sucked on all levels except one...The Cowboys won that game in a rout.

FireMariotti
06-13-2007, 01:47 AM
Ozzie speaks spanish.

Ozzie speaks a language that deserves its own categorization.:tongue:

MRM
06-13-2007, 03:09 AM
Ozzie speaks a language that deserves its own categorization.:tongue:

Ozzie speaks broken spanglish with a eurotrash twist.

ChiSoxIn06
06-13-2007, 06:02 PM
Cleveland: The Mistake On The Lake

Nellie_Fox
06-14-2007, 12:34 AM
Cleveland: The Mistake On The LakeOriginal.

palehozenychicty
06-14-2007, 01:03 AM
Cleveland? eh...

103 screwball
06-14-2007, 02:10 AM
Ichiro will be expensive, but he will partially pay for himself with Japanese TV, advertising, and Japanese popularity for the Sox. He has speed, great D, can play Ozzie's style, and is a great hitter. He will put butts in seats which will be necessary after this year's debacle season and impending loss of popular free agents. Many Sox fans already like and respect Ichiro and Ichiro has had good things to say about smart Sox fans. AND He Hates Cleveland! If he hits free agency, Ichiro's agent will need a restraining order to keep KW away. I'll mail Kenny an envelope of money (albeit a thin one) myself to see it happen.

Gavin
06-14-2007, 06:15 PM
All of 50 groovy stories high!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7InJw7oc04

comerica
06-14-2007, 09:34 PM
I was a nightclub promoter in detroit for awhile and every now and then these really annoying kids from cleveland would try to come up here and bring back the rave scene. They'd throw these meth and ecstacy filled crapfests that attracted all the underage drug addicts. Eventually they burn enough bridges that they can no longer get any local djs to play for them and they move back to cleveland. Anyway, that's my story about Cleveland.

HotelWhiteSox
06-15-2007, 12:43 AM
Ichiro is hilarious. His quote on facing Matsuzaka was bizarre. I love this guy.

MRM
06-15-2007, 12:53 AM
Ichiro will be expensive, but he will partially pay for himself with Japanese TV, advertising, and Japanese popularity for the Sox. He has speed, great D, can play Ozzie's style, and is a great hitter. He will put butts in seats which will be necessary after this year's debacle season and impending loss of popular free agents. Many Sox fans already like and respect Ichiro and Ichiro has had good things to say about smart Sox fans. AND He Hates Cleveland! If he hits free agency, Ichiro's agent will need a restraining order to keep KW away. I'll mail Kenny an envelope of money (albeit a thin one) myself to see it happen.

There is ZERO chance of it happening so take your thin envelope and go have a nice dinner. :D: