PDA

View Full Version : Bad PR situation, on Mully and Hanley

Frontman
06-12-2007, 02:28 PM
I was running errands and was in and out of the car today. I happened to only catch a snippet of something involving Sox players out in public and Patti LaBelle? Anyone know what this was about and what Jim Thome had to apologize for?

Like this team needs anything more to worry about.

Paulwny
06-12-2007, 02:31 PM
I was running errands and was in and out of the car today. I happened to only catch a snippet of something involving Sox players out in public and Patti LaBelle? Anyone know what this was about and what Jim Thome had to apologize for?

Like this team needs anything more to worry about.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/06/12/white-sox-players-feud-with-patti-labelle/

salty99
06-12-2007, 02:31 PM
http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/

getonbckthr
06-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Ummmm great idea here:
Patti Labelle go **** yourself

The Immigrant
06-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Herm Schneider must have been acting up again.

QCIASOXFAN
06-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Such breaking news.:o:

cheezheadsoxfan
06-12-2007, 02:48 PM
So ballplayers curse and are boorish. Who knew?

sox1970
Ummmm great idea here:
Patti Labelle go **** yourself

Agreed. She needs a.....new attitude. Get it?

getonbckthr
Some ball players even use teal.

The Immigrant
06-12-2007, 02:50 PM
To keep things in perspective, in the original "news source" this piece of gossip appears right above a story headlined "Diego parties with giant penis".

http://www.philly.com/philly/columnists/20070612_Dan_Gross___Panty_raid_.html

DumpJerry
06-12-2007, 02:52 PM
I always felt Singleton was a trouble maker.

DumpJerry
06-12-2007, 02:55 PM
:tealtutor:
Hope this help.

cheezheadsoxfan
06-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Some ball players even use teal.
Sorry, the teal on my monitor looks dark green.

DumpJerry
06-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Sorry, the teal on my monitor looks dark green.
Ok. Do it again, and all of your posts will be this color (you don't want to know).:wink:

jenn2080
06-12-2007, 03:14 PM
I was just at a bar here in Philly and they were talking about it with us. They will not name the players in the paper, but the Sox are going to call LaBelle I guess. Thome apparently went over to the table and apologized.

getonbckthr
06-12-2007, 03:14 PM
^^ Would rather have teeth pulled opposed to the constant relentless harrassment by way of team Dumpthr

SoxFan78
06-12-2007, 03:18 PM
I was just at a bar here in Philly and they were talking about it with us. They will not name the players in the paper, but the Sox are going to call LaBelle I guess. Thome apparently went over to the table and apologized.

If you read the blog, AJ and his wife, Thome, JD, Danks and Toby Hall were there.

Frontman
06-12-2007, 03:20 PM
Kinda figured it was something out of nothing. What else would expect out of a paper that wants to "get us off the sidelines and involved."

So some MLB players were swearing, and one had to apologize for the group.

GREAT BROADCASTING THERE Mully/Hanley.

Also, anyone else surprised that once again, the Times injects race into something that race had nothing to to with?

eriqjaffe
06-12-2007, 03:24 PM
If you read the blog, AJ and his wife, Thome, JD, Danks and Toby Hall were there.Wow, AJ was there and this hasn't made the front page of ESPN.com?

Hitmen77
06-12-2007, 03:52 PM
How long before this is the top story on the Trib's website?

HotelWhiteSox
06-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Maybe this will jump start us to a winning streak, I guess we'll have to then adopt one of her songs

What are you 12, Patti Labelle? OMG Swearing! Get out more...

Frontman
06-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Maybe this will jump start us to a winning streak, I guess we'll have to then adopt one of her songs

What are you 12, Patti Labelle? OMG Swearing! Get out more...

Well, we don't know what kind of establishment this was. If its a high class, 5 star resturant, the Sox players were wrong for acting boorish. If its a sportsbar, while language might be sometimes foul, its more expected.

jackbrohamer
06-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Literally NOTHING newsworthy going on in Philly this week.

JB98
06-12-2007, 04:58 PM
This is not a news story. Apparently, an apology was warranted. One was given. Next.

Frontman
06-12-2007, 05:09 PM
This is not a news story. Apparently, an apology was warranted. One was given. Next.

Exactly, but M & M's act of "This team doesn't need any bad press," is what got me to ask about it. I really can't stand where sports reporting has taken us to, but in the end; all is well on THAT front with the Sox.

Now if they could just get someone who can work well out of the pen.

MRM
06-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Why exactly is this news? Patti Labelle is a has been/never was, depending on your perspective and ball players actually use foul language? Who'da thunk it?

I'm so sick of athletes off-field non-stories being reported as real news. Of course, I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan and have had to endure an entire off season worth of "reporting" on Tony Romos love triangle with Jessica Simpson and Carrie Underwood :D:

MarySwiss
06-12-2007, 06:46 PM
This is definitely going to keep me up tonight.

BainesHOF
06-12-2007, 11:42 PM
I like how some people here comment on a situation they know nothing about.

ilsox7
06-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Well, we don't know what kind of establishment this was. If its a high class, 5 star resturant, the Sox players were wrong for acting boorish. If its a sportsbar, while language might be sometimes foul, its more expected.

Capital Grille is a nice place.

oeo
06-12-2007, 11:47 PM
Why exactly is this news? Patti Labelle is a has been/never was, depending on your perspective and ball players actually use foul language? Who'da thunk it?

I'm so sick of athletes off-field non-stories being reported as real news. Of course, I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan and have had to endure an entire off season worth of "reporting" on Tony Romos love triangle with Jessica Simpson and Carrie Underwood :D:

Fortunately for all of us, Romo will lose his starting job this year and only be remembered for his inability to hold onto that snap.

CLR01
06-12-2007, 11:47 PM
I think we need to burn Patti LaBelle to exorcise whatever Philadelphia demons we picked up. Couldn't hurt.

MRM
06-12-2007, 11:48 PM

LOL. And you comment only on situations you are intimately familiar with? Oh, wait, your post count is MORE than ZERO?

MRM
06-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Fortunately for all of us, Romo will lose his starting job this year and only be remembered for his inability to hold onto that snap.

LOL. He's not losing it this year. Maybe next. But I doubt it. I'm no Romo fan but that team is going to win alot of games. He'll get credit.

QCIASOXFAN
06-13-2007, 12:56 AM
This sounds like a hell of a situation we got on our hands here!:rolleyes: I hope that was supposed to be a joke.

Nellie_Fox
06-13-2007, 01:06 AM
Well, we don't know what kind of establishment this was. If its a high class, 5 star resturant, the Sox players were wrong for acting boorish. If its a sportsbar, while language might be sometimes foul, its more expected.We need to return to a culture where foul language is understood to be unacceptable anywhere in public. I'm personally sick to death of people in bar/grille type places (even regular restaurants) dropping f-bombs in a loud voice.

I was a cop for 25 years. I was in the Army/Army Reserve for a total of 22 years. I can swear with the best of them. But I knew how to watch my mouth based on the situation. It's called consideration and maturity.

MRM
06-13-2007, 02:09 AM
We need to return to a culture where foul language is understood to be unacceptable anywhere in public. I'm personally sick to death of people in bar/grille type places (even regular restaurants) dropping f-bombs in a loud voice.

I was a cop for 25 years. I was in the Army/Army Reserve for a total of 22 years. I can swear with the best of them. But I knew how to watch my mouth based on the situation. It's called consideration and maturity.

There is no such thing anymore {sigh}

Frontman
06-13-2007, 08:11 AM
We need to return to a culture where foul language is understood to be unacceptable anywhere in public. I'm personally sick to death of people in bar/grille type places (even regular restaurants) dropping f-bombs in a loud voice.

Tell me about it. I am SO sick of the "Well, your kid is gonna here it anyways," as a horrid excuse to swear in front of my son.

Unfortunately, we have made society to a point of "anything goes" and sadly, in that, we lost something.

And BainesHOF, I sure hope you weren't commenting on me asking. ASKING is how a person then learns about something, prior to commenting. And I haven't seen anyone else in this thread making uniformed comments.

roylestillman
06-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Seems to me that some some of the lyrics of Patti LaBelle's songs were nothing to sing to the kiddies before they go to bed either (Lady Marmalade?)

Frontman
06-13-2007, 09:49 AM
Seems to me that some some of the lyrics of Patti LaBelle's songs were nothing to sing to the kiddies before they go to bed either (Lady Marmalade?)

VERY good point. Like I said, if this was a high class resturant, (which folks say its pretty nice) I could understand it. But how exactly did this story make it to the press, unless of course either the resturant staff or LaBelle's people made sure reporters got it.

Either way, it was a poor choice by some baseball players. It's not a terrorist attack or something newsworthy.

INSox56
06-13-2007, 12:02 PM

I was a cop for 25 years. I was in the Army/Army Reserve for a total of 22 years. I can swear with the best of them. But I knew how to watch my mouth based on the situation. It's called consideration and maturity.Not that I condone it...but they do play a game for a living... Any bets on who the two players were??? My money's on AJ and Danks.

OfficerKarkovice
06-13-2007, 01:34 PM
If you read the article it seems as if more of the problem was with her manager:

Pierzynski said they apologized for the loud language and didn't say anything else, but that apparently wasn't good enough for Paul, who came back to the players' table. Marianne Rowand allegedly told Paul that nothing said had offended her, and he need not come back.

He did, however, with one player finally letting him know that enough was enough. Because of his persistence, the restaurant manager finally told Paul to leave the group alone.

Nellie_Fox
06-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Seems to me that some some of the lyrics of Patti LaBelle's songs were nothing to sing to the kiddies before they go to bed either (Lady Marmalade?)And I can choose whether to listen to her song. Besides, there were other people around besides LaBelle. Use decent language in a public setting.

Not that I condone it...but they do play a game for a living.So what? What does that have to do with anything? What you do for a living has nothing to do with how you conduct yourself as a human being.

santo=dorf
06-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Word is just a word. It's how it is used that determines if it is vulgar or not.

itsnotrequired
06-13-2007, 08:43 PM
Capital Grille is a nice place.

Indeed.

http://dugout.progressiveboink.com/archive/b90.html

:rolling:

Grobber33
06-13-2007, 09:24 PM
I was running errands and was in and out of the car today. I happened to only catch a snippet of something involving Sox players out in public and Patti LaBelle?

Voudriez-vous aller au lit avec moi ce soir ?

miker
06-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Voudriez-vous aller au lit avec moi ce soir ?
C'est toi?

Face it, when you have 24 hours sports-blab radio stations in town, they're going to have to take the small smallest bit of trivia and turn it into the crash of the Hindenberg.

Which is why the media is an abusive of free speech, IMHO.