PDA

View Full Version : Suntimes sports staff predictions...

Kilroy
04-01-2002, 10:05 AM
2 of 3 staff wrtiers pick the beloved to win the central. The one dissenter? Who else??? :moron

The jag picked the Twinks. Surprisingly tho, none of them picked the Chubs.

doublem23
04-01-2002, 10:08 AM
Phil Rogers from the Tribune picked the Twinks to win the Central, but he wormed out of it by saying that if the Sox pitch well, they will win the division.

No ****, Phil.

MarqSox
04-01-2002, 10:14 AM
I was pleased to see that both Reynolds and Showalter from BBTN picked the Sox in the Central. Showalter's the same guy who last spring picked Arizona over the Yankees in 7 ... I remember laughing at him. Go figure.

czalgosz
04-01-2002, 10:57 AM
ESPN.com gave their preseason predictions - here's the way they break down -

Guys who picked the Sox in first -

Rany Jazalyeri
Rob Neyer
Joe Sheehan
both baseball editors

Guys who didn't -

Peter Gammons
Tim Kurkjian
Jayson Stark
both fantasy editors

We're going all the way!

What gets me is that Phil Rogers picks the Sox for second, but puts Magglio Ordonez as his AL MVP. If the Sox finish anywhere but first in this division, noone from the team should get an MVP.

Also, ESPN power rankings are out, and they're screwed up, as usual. The Sox are ranked 11th, between the D-Backs and Mets, which is about right, but the Indians are ranked ninth!?! Who ranks the Indians, who lost half their lineup, as a better team than the defending World Champs?

Clarkdog
04-01-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

What gets me is that Phil Rogers picks the Sox for second, but puts Magglio Ordonez as his AL MVP. If the Sox finish anywhere but first in this division, noone from the team should get an MVP.

Gammons did the same thing. He has the Sox an astounding third, but picks Maggs as MVP. What does that say about Gammons feelings on the Sox and their team? That if they didn't have Maggs they could very well finish last? Peter, are you nuts?

I am convinced now more than ever that he really doesn't know anything about baseball outside of the east coast.

cheeses_h_rice
04-01-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
2 of 3 staff wrtiers pick the beloved to win the central. The one dissenter? Who else??? :moron

The jag picked the Twinks. Surprisingly tho, none of them picked the Chubs.

:moron

Kilroy, you don't seriously expect me to give your Smut Sox a fair shake, do you? I'm still stinging from the verbal towel-snapping your boys gave me last year.