PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Lotta Holes in Sox

Fenway
06-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Konerko's manager, Ozzie Guillen, is pathologically incapable of no comments or clichés. So he expresses his displeasure over the team's recent slide -- three wins since May 25 -- by wondering why ESPN felt it necessary to air the White Sox-Phillies game Monday. Did all the contending teams have the night off? "I don't want people to find out how horse---- we are," Guillen says.

White Sox's bats beyond cold (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=crasnick_jerry&id=2901377)

Mr.1Dog
06-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Thank you http://www.bluelinecomics.com/pictures/Capt%20Obvious%20banner%20smaller.jpg (http://www.bluelinecomics.com/pictures/Capt.%20Obvious%20Banner...%20kinda%20big.jpg)

Palehose Pete
06-12-2007, 11:32 AM
Thanks. Are you next going to send us an article from the Weather Channel that will tell us that the sun has been rising in the east and setting in the west since time immemorial?

Sheesh...

oeo
06-12-2007, 11:42 AM
We're missing 2/3 of our outfield and our third baseman. When healthy, I'd say our only hole is our bullpen. And if we were healthy, and scoring some runs, we'd be taking some pressure off of the bullpen; therefore making them not look as bad.

oldcomiskey
06-12-2007, 11:47 AM
this has been going on a long time before the injuries started

tstrike2000
06-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Holes? Oh, us having a lower score than the opposing team is bad? Damn, this isn't golf.

oeo
06-12-2007, 11:50 AM
this has been going on a long time before the injuries started

The injuries started before the season started. Pods then went down on the 17th or 18th of April. Our starting lineup has played something like 5 games together this year.

santo=dorf
06-12-2007, 11:51 AM
We're missing 2/3 of our outfield and our third baseman. When healthy, I'd say our only hole is our bullpen.
I really hope there's only a minority of Sox fans with this mentality because grinderstad, Pods, and Crede were ALL injury risks coming into this season, and even when they are healthy their bats suck (Pods was doing pretty well early in the year however.)

If people are going contribute the injuries of these players to the results of our crappy season so far, A's fans can attribute Harden not being healthy to their lack of success and Cubs fans can attribute Wood and Prior not being healthy to their lack of success.

The offense has sucked since the beginning of the season. Our only bright spots for our team is the starting pitching and the DH.

oeo
06-12-2007, 11:54 AM
The offense has sucked since the beginning of the season. Our only bright spots for our team is the starting pitching and the DH.

The offense has sucked since last year (something you never believed in). Still doesn't mean that I don't want to see what our actual starting nine can do together.

And even one of our "bright spots" went down to injury for 16 or 17 games.

chisoxmike
06-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Konerko's manager, Ozzie Guillen, is pathologically incapable of no comments or clichés. So he expresses his displeasure over the team's recent slide -- three wins since May 25 -- by wondering why ESPN felt it necessary to air the White Sox-Phillies game Monday. Did all the contending teams have the night off? "I don't want people to find out how horse---- we are," Guillen says.

White Sox's bats beyond cold (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=crasnick_jerry&id=2901377)

Thanks Fenway for pointing that out. I thought we were a great team just like your Red Sox. But now I have seen the light.

Go Red Sox.

itsnotrequired
06-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Thanks Fenway for pointing that out. I thought we were a great team just like your Red Sox. But now I have seen the light.

Go Red Sox.

I rate this response three flaming heads and one eyeroll.

:D:

Foulke You
06-12-2007, 12:48 PM
The offense has sucked since last year (something you never believed in). Still doesn't mean that I don't want to see what our actual starting nine can do together.

And even one of our "bright spots" went down to injury for 16 or 17 games.
I'm in agreement, we really haven't seen what our full squad team can do for an extended stretch. Yes, our team was struggling to score before the recent rash of injuries but we have had injuries hampering the team since April. Pods and Thome were out in April and in May we lose Erstad, Crede, and even Dye for a few games. It would be nice to see a Sox lineup that doesn't look like a split squad game vs. the Rockies at TEP park.:(:

kittle42
06-12-2007, 12:54 PM
I'm in agreement, we really haven't seen what our full squad team can do for an extended stretch. Yes, our team was struggling to score before the recent rash of injuries but we have had injuries hampering the team since April. Pods and Thome were out in April and in May we lose Erstad, Crede, and even Dye for a few games. It would be nice to see a Sox lineup that doesn't look like a split squad game vs. the Rockies at TEP park.:(:

My prediction...they'd score 1 run instead of being shut out.

santo=dorf is right...anybody with this "woulda, coulda" philosophy based on injuries, some to guys who already were mediocre (see Erstad), is just as bad as blaming the past 3 years on "no Wood and Prior."

Laughable.

oeo
06-12-2007, 01:59 PM
My prediction...they'd score 1 run instead of being shut out.

santo=dorf is right...anybody with this "woulda, coulda" philosophy based on injuries, some to guys who already were mediocre (see Erstad), is just as bad as blaming the past 3 years on "no Wood and Prior."

Laughable.

That 'mediocrity' is still better than what Mackowiak, Owens, Terrero, Cintron, etc. can do.

santo=dorf is someone that believed that our offense was a-okay last year. Considering we've got the same group of guys, he's sure changed his decision quickly.

Fenway
06-12-2007, 02:08 PM

Go Red Sox.

Trust me the Red Sox are not great :?:

Look I can't begin to explain it but the White Sox problems started after the 19 inning game with Boston at the break.

santo=dorf
06-12-2007, 03:41 PM
That 'mediocrity' is still better than what Mackowiak, Owens, Terrero, Cintron, etc. can do.

santo=dorf is someone that believed that our offense was a-okay last year. Considering we've got the same group of guys, he's sure changed his decision quickly.
Really? I did?

Please tell me more what I am thinking.

If I thought the offense was "a-okay" how come I wanted Crede to be moved?
Why did I say and feel that SS could use an upgrade in offensive production?
Why was I in favor of getting a different left fielder?

Aww forget it. You're way too clueless, ASSume way too much, take everything personally with people you disagree, and you make more excuses than Hawk Harrelson.

"If Pods, Crede and Erstad were all healthy, we'd be a contender!" Take that attitude back to Clark and Addison. :dtroll:

MRM
06-12-2007, 05:44 PM

a-okay? No, like EVERY offense it had holes. Very good? Yes. And this years offense most certainly is NOT the "same group of guys" as last years. Last year you didn't see 4/9ths of the offense spend significant time off the field with injury. Last year they were shut out what? 3 times all season? This year it's up to what? 5? 1/3 of the way through the schedule. Last years offense was 3rd in MLB in scoring, this year it's last. Put last years offense on this years team and the Sox would be contending right now despite the bullpen woes.

JB98
06-12-2007, 05:45 PM
a-okay? No, like EVERY offense it had holes. Very good? Yes. And this years offense most certainly is NOT the "same group of guys" as last years. Last year you didn't see 4/9ths of the offense spend significant time off the field with injury. Last year they were shut out what? 3 times all season? This year it's up to what? 5? 1/3 of the way through the schedule. Last years offense was 3rd in MLB in scoring, this year it's last. Put last years offense on this years team and the Sox would be contending right now despite the bullpen woes.

****, we'd be in first place right now with last year's offense. Last year, we hit three grand slams in three days when we played the Astros. This year, it was a struggle just to get one ****ing run.