PDA

View Full Version : Rowand fondly recalls White Sox days-

MySoxAreClean
06-11-2007, 10:55 PM
This was posted 1 hour ago. Thought it is was a good read.

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070611&content_id=2020053&vkey=news_phi&fext=.jsp&c_id=phi

Sox
06-11-2007, 11:11 PM

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070611&content_id=2020053&vkey=news_phi&fext=.jsp&c_id=phi

That was a great article. I hope that Reinsdorf and the powers that be got a chance to read it too. I would love to see Rowand back in a Sox Uni again.:bandance:

DrCrawdad
06-11-2007, 11:31 PM

With all the former Sox players who are in the organization and the good relationships with many others the Sox have shattered what I remember hearing from critics of the Sox that ex-Sox players despised the organization. Now Rowand's testimony further buries that distortion.

MRM
06-11-2007, 11:36 PM
With all the former Sox players who are in the organization and the good relationships with many others the Sox have shattered what I remember hearing from critics of the Sox that ex-Sox players despised the organization. Now Rowand's testimony further buries that distortion.

Reinsdorf is loyal to a fault to ex-Sox players. Even players who were around before his tenure. The only ex-player I can recall having a serious problem with the team was Fisk and that was mostly his doing, not the teams, and Reinsdorf spent years bringing him back into the fold.

DrCrawdad
06-12-2007, 12:55 AM
Cubune column:

Rowand isn't sure about return to Sox

Rowand can become a free agent next season. He wondered Monday whether the Sox would make a competitive offer in what is expected to be a thick market for center fielders. He wasn't sure if he would lean toward the Sox if all offers were similar.

MLB column:
Rowand fondly recalls White Sox days

The affable center fielder will hit free agency for the first time in his solid career...

The White Sox ... still could opt to add Rowand's tough presence. On Monday, when asked if he would pick Chicago over other teams if all things were equal contractually and monetarily, Rowand admitted to having a special place in his heart for the White Sox.

"Any time you get drafted by an organization, come up through the organization, winning the World Series through the organization, yeah, you're going to have a soft spot for that team," Rowand said. "There's no doubt.

Blackheart
06-12-2007, 01:20 AM
Cubune column:

MLB column:

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Tribune :tongue: .

DSpivack
06-12-2007, 01:20 AM
Crawdad: I thought you were kidding and that was a pretty good joke. That just sounded too ridiculous to be true.

Blackheart
06-12-2007, 01:23 AM
Crawdad: I thought you were kidding and that was a pretty good joke. That just sounded too ridiculous to be true.

http://www.cubune.com/

Viva Medias B's
06-12-2007, 07:19 AM

Several members of the early '90s teams like Robin Ventura, Jack McDowell, Bo Jackson, and Alex Fernandez still have a good relationship with the franchise, even if their departures were not on the best of terms.

duke of dorwood
06-12-2007, 08:00 AM
Watched WS game 2 on Metra this AM-its hard to ignore the enthusiasm Aaron had and his toughness is sadly missing on this roster. Players like him and Scott Fletcher, while never spectacular, just help teams.

Hitmen77
06-12-2007, 09:41 AM
Cubune column:

MLB column:

Here's the link to the Trib article:
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-070611soxbits,1,5706540.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

That is too funny.

soxinem1
07-11-2007, 02:55 PM
I still say he goes to a west coast team, either NL or AL.

He will easilly get a 3-4 year deal, provided he stays on pace for the career year he's having.

I can see KW offering him some incentive-ladden Erstad-type contract.

Matlock
07-11-2007, 02:56 PM
That was a great article. I hope that Reinsdorf and the powers that be got a chance to read it too. I would love to see Rowand back in a Sox Uni again.:bandance:

Me too! Kenny, made it happen!

HomeFish
07-11-2007, 02:59 PM

"Bullet Bob" Howry still has it out for us, though.

Nellie_Fox
07-11-2007, 03:35 PM
What is with people bringing back old threads today? There is nothing new to add to this. I guess people are just bored with no Sox baseball for three days.