PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports article on Sox bullpen...

areilly
06-11-2007, 03:58 PM
When Aardsma and MacDougal got sent down, Buckvich and Bret Prinz arrived in their place. And it was like Aardsma and MacDougal never left.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6910644

sox1970
06-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Misspelled Masset's name. I couldn't read it.

infohawk
06-11-2007, 04:14 PM
And I hardly think that the ineptness of the bullpen could cost Ozzie his job. It's not his fault they aren't throwing strikes. How would a new manager help the bullpen?

PopsBrechtel
06-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Maybe it's time for Cooper to try a different approach.
Whatever they're doing now certainly isn't working. :mad:

lostfan
06-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Seriously, words can't describe how pathetic this bullpen has been. I can't remember the last time I've seen a worse one. And it's like it happened overnight... the first month of the season I was saying that the bullpen was lights-out.

southside rocks
06-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Misspelled Masset's name. I couldn't read it.

Misspelled Bukvich's name, too. Heaven forbid he spend five minutes on the Sox website getting the names right.

Insightful, well-written article. Right up there with "I'm shocked -- shocked -- to find gambling going on here!" He's noticed that the Sox bullpen isn't pitching well. Wow.

russ99
06-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Maybe it's time for Cooper to try a different approach.
Whatever they're doing now certainly isn't working. :mad:

No, it's time for Kenny to make a deal or signing for someone that actually pitched set-up in the majors before.

I'm shocked that Percival is going to St. Louis and not here. I think Witasick is still available and I'd go for either Otsuka or Linebrink in a deal (not necessarily a white-flag deal.) It's obvious a AAA bullpen isn't going to cut it.

MRM
06-11-2007, 05:30 PM
No, it's time for Kenny to make a deal or signing for someone that actually pitched set-up in the majors before.

I'm shocked that Percival is going to St. Louis and not here. I think Witasick is still available and I'd go for either Otsuka or Linebrink in a deal (not necessarily a white-flag deal.) It's obvious a AAA bullpen isn't going to cut it.

There isn't anyone to trade for. Virtually every team needs bullpen arms. Nobody is going to give them up this early. And who cares about Percival? The guy hasn't pitched in 2 years, anyone counting on him fixing what ails their bullpen is really reaching.

WizardsofOzzie
06-11-2007, 05:38 PM
That article made me depressed :(:

russ99
06-11-2007, 05:38 PM
There isn't anyone to trade for. Virtually every team needs bullpen arms. Nobody is going to give them up this early. And who cares about Percival? The guy hasn't pitched in 2 years, anyone counting on him fixing what ails their bullpen is really reaching.

Percival can't be worse than Day and Logan walking the bases loaded...

Certainly, Kenny would need to vastly overpay for bullpen help now rather than a month and a half from now. But can we wait a month and a half...

nevr say dye sox
06-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Reaching? I would bet Percival will be better than anyone in our bullpen except Jenks! Instead KW will go through our heap of crap in the minors. It all steams from fact our organization doesn't want to draft high profile rookies. High reward guys means a lot of cash in signing bonus. We got burnt on Joe Borchard, so now we draft guys who won't cost a lot but may have upside potential. This is why our farm system has struggled!

MRM
06-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Reaching? I would bet Percival will be better than anyone in our bullpen except Jenks!

Based on what? He hasn't pitched in two years and NOBODY would sign him to their MLB team even though he worked out for several teams with desperate bullpen needs. The Cards signed him to a minor league contract and sent him to Memphis to see if he has anything left.

So, yeah, anyone expecting the guy to be the savior of their pen is definately reaching.

tyrath25
06-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Did anyone really expect Bukvich and Prinz to be any better than AAArdsma and Macdougal? I didn't... although one came dream can't they?

CWSpalehoseCWS
06-12-2007, 03:16 AM
Did anyone really expect Bukvich and Prinz to be any better than AAArdsma and Macdougal? I didn't... although one came dream can't they?

Well I think everyone was expecting at least ERA's in the 4's if anything else.