PDA

View Full Version : Scottie Pods - the gentleman!

hula
06-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Drove to Charlotte yesterday to see Scottie while he's rehabbing. I have to say his running is not as strong or fast yet, but is was great to see him out there giving it all he could! :D:

I was thrilled that he came over to sign my 2005 WS Champs shirt! In fact, I was the only one he gave an autograph to, but then he did sign my parner's program quickly before running to the dugout. (Maybe it was the three times I called to him when he was going back & forth to the field from the dugout for warmups and me waving the shirt at him. He probably thought I was a bit crazed!)

It was nice to see him up close and personal and talk with him (wished him good health and to be back in Chicago asap).

It was interesting to watch him during the warmup exercises. He was going at it with gusto in every one the trainer was leading. Anderson, on the other hand, seemed to do his with much less enthusiasm, even just standing around some of the time. Maybe he's still bummed to be in Charlotte.

One last tidbit, when Scottie batted wore his White Sox helmet and he also had on his funky shoes he usually wears in Chicago with the wide rubber toe tip. It was wierd to see him in pinstripes with "Knights" written across it...

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/images/2005/08/28/GYwIkSCI.jpg

CLR01
06-11-2007, 03:15 PM
IAnderson, on the other hand, seemed to do his with much less enthusiasm, even just standing around some of the time. Maybe he's still bummed to be in Charlotte.

Anderson was scanning the crowd trying to pick his next mugging victims. You're lucky you made it out of there alive.