PDA

View Full Version : Tim Bittner

diamondkings29
06-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Can anyone please tell me if it is just me or if the Sox should call up Tim Bittner from Birmingham to throw to leftys. With a side arm/under arm delivery, I think that is what the Sox need is a strong lefty to get these guys out! What do you all think, is he tabbed as a probable?

UserNameBlank
06-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Can anyone please tell me if it is just me or if the Sox should call up Tim Bittner from Birmingham to throw to leftys. With a side arm/under arm delivery, I think that is what the Sox need is a strong lefty to get these guys out! What do you all think, is he tabbed as a probable?
I have no problem with calling anyone up to pitch out of the pen at this point, but you mention Bittner and his delivery yet give no love to Wassermann??? Am I the only one on this board who sees anything in that guy?

soxfanreggie
06-12-2007, 12:59 AM
I don't care if you call up Charlie Hough out of retirement if he gets guys out. Anyone who can come and get the job done would be welcome.

oeo
06-12-2007, 02:31 PM
I have no problem with calling anyone up to pitch out of the pen at this point, but you mention Bittner and his delivery yet give no love to Wassermann??? Am I the only one on this board who sees anything in that guy?

I don't think either should be called up, but Bittner is a lefty which is a big difference in itself. But, Bittner walks almost as many as he strikes out, and has a .336 opponent's batting average. Pass.

Wassermann walks a lot of guys...that's what our current bullpen does; if you want more of that, so be it, but I want guys that throw strikes and lots of them.

I wasn't against giving Carlos Vasquez a chance...until he was called up to Charlotte and now he can't find the damn strike zone either. Is it the closer you get to the majors, the less control?

California Sox
06-12-2007, 05:12 PM
I wasn't against giving Carlos Vasquez a chance...until he was called up to Charlotte and now he can't find the damn strike zone either. Is it the closer you get to the majors, the less control?

I think it's "the closer you get to the majors, the less they swing at breaking balls out of the strike zone."