PDA

View Full Version : Tshirt collection

soxwon
06-09-2007, 11:52 PM
Out of your tshirt collection you still wear.
How many are sox shirts?
What other team tshirts do you own (all sports)

pearso66
06-10-2007, 12:14 AM
I have probably 20-30 Sox shirts I wear, including ones I wear for work. I have maybe 10-15 Bears Shirts, 2-3 Bulls shirts and 4-5 Michigan State shirts. By far Sox shirts take the cake. During Bears season, I don't wear Sox stuff as much, and vice versa, except for during work. I'd say about 6-8 of those Sox shirts were from signing up for the Pontiac stuff before games.

Frontman
06-10-2007, 03:41 PM
I have at least 4 different World Series shirts.

I have a Konerko, Thome Pierzynski "jersey" style black shirts, and a green Thome shirt.

One Sox shirt is #56, name "No No."

I have Sox golf shirts.

One Bears golf shirt

A number of Bears T-shirts, my favorite being my "Sweetness" 34 Payton shirt.

And only one jesery so far, a 34 Bears jersey.

I do have a few Tiger Woods golf shirts, would they count towards a "sports" shirt?

chisoxfanatic
06-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Sox: 12 tee shirts, 3 tank tops, 1 pair of mini shorts, 1 hoodie, 2 jerseys (Frank Thomas pull-over & Paul Konerko authentic white)

Blackhawks: 2 sweatshirts, 11 tee shirts, 1 pair of pj shorts, 1 hoodie, 3 sweaters (white Amonte, red Havlat, black Seabrook)

Bears: 2 sweatshirts, 4 tee shirts, 1 jersey (navy blue Urlacher)

Bulls: 1 sweatshirt, 4 tee shirts

Non-Chicago sports attire:

Red Sox: 1 tee shirt (Johnny Damon navy blue jersey shirt)

ws05champs
06-10-2007, 05:28 PM
White Sox: 14 tee shirts, 1 jersey, 3 sweat shirts, 1 hoodie

Bears: 4 tee shirts

Bulls: 3 tee shirts

PKalltheway
06-10-2007, 05:33 PM
5 shirts, 2 jerseys (one nameless home jersey and a mesh Albert Belle jersey-hey I liked him!)

MarySwiss
06-10-2007, 05:56 PM
SOX: Starter jacket, has to be at least 30 years old. T-shirts that are still wearable: Sox (logo only), Thomas, Konerko, South Side Hitmen, Thome, 2005 Central division champs shirt, three WS locker room shirts, Konerko 2005 Authentic road jersey, Pierzynski Authentic Halfway-to-St. Pat's jersey with WS patch.

Bulls: Jacket, logo T-shirt.

Bears: 1985 Super Bowl Champs shirt, grey T-shirt with "BEARS" on it. I've also asked Santa for a Payton jersey for Christmas this year. :wink:

D'Backs: (Well, they did beat the Yanks in the 2001 WS, you know!) Several T-shirts and a couple of jerseys.

Suns: Ashamed to say it, only a T-shirt and a cap.

MRM
06-10-2007, 06:38 PM
SOX: Starter jacket, has to be at least 30 years old.

I'd be selling that one of a kind item on EBay since Starter didn't exist until about 15 years ago. :D:

MarySwiss
06-10-2007, 07:24 PM
I'd be selling that one of a kind item on EBay since Starter didn't exist until about 15 years ago. :D:

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to quickly prove you wrong (although I know you are) since Starter went out of business according to my search. OTOH, can you prove you're right?

Don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia, BTW. There's a Bears starter on eBay right now advertised as "vintage 1980s." It looks exactly like the one my husband has.

MRM
06-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to quickly prove you wrong (although I know you are) since Starter went out of business according to my search. OTOH, can you prove you're right?

Don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia, BTW. There's a Bears starter on eBay right now advertised as "vintage 1980s." It looks exactly like the one my husband has.

Starter filed bankruptcy early in the 2000's but have since made a comeback. As for the exact year they started making jackets I don't know. I do know I was managing a large sporting goods/apparel business when they came out which would have been between '89 and '92.

For what it's worth I don't read Wikipedia for anything, period. It's absolutely useless as a source, though probably a little more credible than an EBAY seller :D:

MarySwiss
06-10-2007, 08:09 PM
Starter filed bankruptcy early in the 2000's but have since made a comeback. As for the exact year they started making jackets I don't know. I do know I was managing a large sporting goods/apparel business when they came out which would have been between '89 and '92.

For what it's worth I don't read Wikipedia for anything, period. It's absolutely useless as a source, though probably a little more credible than an EBAY seller :D:

Not to beat a dead horse, but try searching on "1982 Starter Jackets" and see what happens. Inconclusive, I agree--but if the company didn't exist, where did the hits come from? So okay, my jacket is apparently less than 30 years old, but dammit, it's more than 15! :D:

Maybe they just became popular in the late '80s/early '90s?

MRM
06-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Not to beat a dead horse, but try searching on "1982 Starter Jackets" and see what happens. Inconclusive, I agree--but if the company didn't exist, where did the hits come from? So okay, my jacket is apparently less than 30 years old, but dammit, it's more than 15! :D:

Maybe they just became popular in the late '80s/early '90s?

Apparently, based on a couple of early law suits they were involved in, Starter began selling licensed sports jackets regionally in or about 1986 and went national a couple of years later (which jives with my recollection). In any event, I knew they weren't around in 1977 and was just teasing you with the "30 year old" thing. :D:

Starter is an interesting case study as a company. They gained their popularity buy purchasing licenses to produce "authentic" team logoed clothing, went bankrupt, had their name purchased from the bankruptcy court, and now don't manufacture anything but only exist to sell THEIR logo to other clothing manufacturers. Pure genius.

Ragator43
06-10-2007, 08:56 PM
PK St. Patty's Day jersey, Alternate AJ jersey, Alternate Crede Jersey, Home Buehrle jersey, Home Thome jersey, 85 Fisk jersey, Winning Ugly pull over jacket, Alternate Ventura jersey, OK State Ventura jersey, Road McDowell jersey, AJ St. Patty's Day t-shirt, Thome t-shirt, Rowand t-shirt, and 3 Starter jackets, and god knows how many t-shirts and sweatshirts that are around the house from years past. Supposedly, a Mackowiak jersey is on the way...............

y2j2785
06-10-2007, 10:34 PM
I have 2 sox jersies(Konerko and AJ), about 4 sox jersey shirts(Dye, Thome, Garland, Pierzynski) and about 4-7 other sox shirts. I have one or 2 UofI basketball shirts, Wisconsin Badgers shirt, Texas Longhorns shirt, a few Florida Gators shirts, Boston Red Sox shirt, Red Sox WS 04 Shirt, Cardinals WS 06 shirt, David Wright jersey shirt, and finally my favorite a Jeff Francouer jersey shirt.

BiggestFan14
06-10-2007, 10:46 PM
I have around 15 total White Sox t-shirts that I wear, five of which are from 2005 alone. Along with two jerseys (Konerko and Buerhle) and a hoodie.

About 7 Bears shirts maybe.

Still have my awesome Bulls starter jacket.

A Reds Griffey Jr. t-shirt jersey that I should probably replace soon since it is getting old.

And tons of U of Illinois and U of Iowa College stuff.

Half my wardrobe is sports related. (Maybe more)

MeteorsSox4367
06-10-2007, 10:52 PM
I have probably in the neighborhood of 350 t-shirts with the Sox holding claim to about 20 of 'em. I even picked up a "We Are Chicago Baseball" t-shirt at the game Friday night with Pierzynski 12 on the back. As for Sox players' t-shirts, I have Pierzynski (2), Buehrle, Crede, Konerko, Thome (All-Star also), Pods and Jenks.

MLB: Sox, Angels, Royals, Blue Jays, Orioles, Mariners, Rangers, D-Backs, Padres, Giants, Reds, Pirates, Brewers, Cardinals, Astros, Nationals, Braves.

I also have quite a few NHL as well. As for college, one of my goals is to get one from every Division I basketball or baseball program.

I'm just a t-shirt geek. With the kids being gone for the summer at my school, we can go t-shirts and jeans. I may not wear the same t-shirt twice.

areilly
06-10-2007, 11:36 PM
One red retro ringer with the early 80's SOX logo across the front.

One white t-shirt with a drawing of Comiskey Park.

One Nike ringer with the stitched-on Chicago White Sox Baseball/American League/Central Division shield.

One solid black that reads Chicago White Sox baseball.

Shingo Takatsu and Esteban Loaiza jersey t-shirts...worn primarily as a joke.

And a deep blue Mariners t-shirt with a logo patch stitched on.

Classy stuff all around. :cool:

Nellie_Fox
06-11-2007, 01:55 AM
I have probably in the neighborhood of 350 t-shirts...Where do you store 350 t-shirts? You must have a huge closet.

Chips
06-11-2007, 09:06 AM
White Sox:

Shingo Shirt
Konerko Shirt
Buehrle Shirt
Podsednik shirt :rolleyes:
Green Konerko shirt
AJ shirt
Division champs shirt
AL Pennant champs shirt
Awesome gray Jose Canseco #31 jersey
Fox jersey
Appling jersey
Konerko jersey
Buehrle jersey
AJ jerseyBears:

A whole damn bunch
McMahon jersey
McNown jersey
Edinger jerseyHockey stuff:

Blackhawks jersey
Penguins jersey
Blues jersey
Oilers jersey
Blackhawks sweatshirtBulls stuff:

Not a damn thingRed Sox:

Awesome Gray Jose Canseco #33 jerseyOakland:

Awesome Green Jose Canseco #33 jerseyDevil Rays:

Awesome White Jose Canseco #33 jerseyOther Hoopla:

NIU football sweatshirt
Penn St. football sweatshirt
Florida football sweatshirt
Nebraska football sweatshirt
Moraine Valley Cyclones hoodie
Some other ****, I'm sure.

MeteorsSox4367
06-11-2007, 09:31 AM
Where do you store 350 t-shirts? You must have a huge closet.

One day at Target, I bought four of those huge plastic storage containers and carefully folded and placed the shirts in there. The ones in my rotation are on hangers, the rest are in the storage containers in the basement.

I actually had more shirts, but my parish had a clothing drive a few weeks ago and I gave them three big bags full.

Frankfan4life
06-11-2007, 02:12 PM
I have about 20 Sox tee shirts (assorted), 5 sweat shirts (one hoodie w/zipper), 2 jerseys (a nameless home and an AJ home) and a pair of Sox jama bottoms. I wear Sox gear everytime I go to a ballgame and sometimes when I'm out and about. Unfortunately, I can't wear it to work.

It's hard for me to keep from buying more. I'm a shopaholic anyway and I love the Sox. I do have to part with some of the tee shirts that don't fit well (some of them are too big). In fact, I got this great Sox jacket for Mother's day and it's waay too big. It's very cool though. It's a light-weight, reversible black on one side and striped on the other. It's a size large and I'm a small. :(:

I also have three Bears sweatshirs, one long-sleeved tee, and one Grossman jersey (What can I say?? I was trying to be supportive).

I also have two old Bulls tee shirts that I've only worn a few times ('90's vintage championship tee shirts that have faded with time).

Justagirl
06-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Out of your tshirt collection you still wear.
How many are sox shirts?
What other team tshirts do you own (all sports)
I have 18 Sox Tshirts, and 7 Bears Tshirts.

On another note, I ordered this one (http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=messageboard.viewThread&entryID=35556335&adTopicID=26&categoryID=0&IsSticky=0&groupID=102186754&Mytoken=ED1C8CC9-B269-4EB9-BDEE4E9E9532F0F163995766) a few weeks ago, but I haven't got it yet.

WhiteSoxJunkie
06-11-2007, 04:38 PM
On another note, I ordered this one (http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=messageboard.viewThread&entryID=35556335&adTopicID=26&categoryID=0&IsSticky=0&groupID=102186754&Mytoken=ED1C8CC9-B269-4EB9-BDEE4E9E9532F0F163995766) a few weeks ago, but I haven't got it yet.

That is awesome. But if you wear it in public, you will probably have to explain what it all means quite often.

soxfanreggie
06-12-2007, 12:49 AM
Sox clothing...about 10 different items. I had a lot more but grew out of it, so I spread the love amongst my cousins and friends.

Illinois State University-about 80...or more...most all of them free from playing sports or working for the teams.

Then, I have a bunch from random colleges that I traded ISU gear for.

Nellie_Fox
06-12-2007, 12:52 AM
That is awesome. But if you wear it in public, you will probably have to explain what it all means quite often.Nah, enough people hate him from Around the Horn that no further explanation would be necessary.

WhiteSoxJunkie
06-12-2007, 01:12 AM
I have around 10-15 Sox shirts ranging from those I wear regularly, those I sleep in, those I work out in, and those I don't really wear. I also own a Packers shirt (sorry I'm a Packers fan), a Colts shirt (my Colts fan sister gave it to me since it did not fit her, again sorry), and 2 Purdue shirts.

MRM
06-12-2007, 02:51 AM
(sorry I'm a Packers fan)

Admitting that in a Chicago fan forum could be considered akin to calling Dr. Kovorkian for a consult. :D:

Frontman
06-12-2007, 08:50 AM
I have around 10-15 Sox shirts ranging from those I wear regularly, those I sleep in, those I work out in, and those I don't really wear. I also own a Packers shirt (sorry I'm a Packers fan), a Colts shirt (my Colts fan sister gave it to me since it did not fit her, again sorry), and 2 Purdue shirts.

That's pretty bold to say here, mate. Glad to see you've got the bravery to admit it.

WhiteSoxJunkie
06-12-2007, 09:51 PM
That's pretty bold to say here, mate. Glad to see you've got the bravery to admit it.

Well I'm not saying it to any of your faces. I'm sitting here in the comfort of my own home typing it for people I've never met to read. But thanks for the compliment anyways. :D:

Cellview22
06-12-2007, 10:11 PM
One of my friends said he saw a new Sox t-shirt on the streets that read "Let's Pretend '07 Never Happened" on the back.

soxfanreggie
06-13-2007, 01:41 AM
This thread caused me to re-evaluate my wardrobe...more Sox shirts are needed, and my box to go to goodwill (I just moved and have a huge box full of clothes for them) just got about 15 ISU shirts added to it. A small reward for myself will be a new Sox jersey to replace the ISU shirts. :cool:

Chrisaway
06-13-2007, 02:00 AM
hmmm...

Probably about 5-6 2005 related Sox tees
again about 5-6 sox logo tshirts
1 Nike longsleeve dri fit white sox undershirt (white sox on collar)
Thome tshirt
Garcia tshirt
1 home white unnumbered jersey signed by 5 players
1 red 85 BP jersey unnumbered
1 black pre 2007 unnumberred BP jersey
home white Jon Garland Jersey w/WS05 patch
black alt Frank Thomas jersey
road grey Magglio Ordonez jersey
sleeveless home white authentic Donn Pall jersey (used to be Cotts)
1906 Konerko and Brian Anderson jerseys (BA is authentic)
Dark blue Milwaukee Brewers unnumbered jersey (thinking about getting Turnbow)
2006 all star game Bobby Jenks jersey authentic
Black alt authentic Geoff Blum jersey
and my newest...
road grey authentic Pierzynski jersey (thanks Ms. Chrisaway)
....this is just my baseball stuff itd take days if i included all my hockey/football/basketball stuff