PDA

View Full Version : Optimists Unite!

Pete_SSAC
04-01-2002, 02:33 AM
With the season starting alittle over 12 hours from now, I am requesting that everyone who isn't crying that we will be the 2002 Texas Rangers, everyone who knows that ST means nothing, everyone who knows the sky is well put in place up there to unite! Make your voices heard. Shout from the rooftops "I have confidence in our team, and we WILL be the champions!" We wll not run away with tails tucked between our legs, we will stand by our team, and that will make the clinching of the diviosn so much sweeter, because we knew all along that it would happen, and we were RIGHT by standing by Wright.

"They may take our lives, but they will never take... our SOX!"

- Pete, who's looking for a Optmistic Tag for his sig.

Bmr31
04-01-2002, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC
With the season starting alittle over 12 hours from now, I am requesting that everyone who isn't crying that we will be the 2002 Texas Rangers, everyone who knows that ST means nothing, everyone who knows the sky is well put in place up there to unite! Make your voices heard. Shout from the rooftops "I have confidence in our team, and we WILL be the champions!" We wll not run away with tails tucked between our legs, we will stand by our team, and that will make the clinching of the diviosn so much sweeter, because we knew all along that it would happen, and we were RIGHT by standing by Wright.

"They may take our lives, but they will never take... our SOX!"

i already have my brotha....i already have....

Chisox_cali
04-01-2002, 02:39 AM
Right on Pete!!! Bleed the Black and Silver all the way!

Originally posted by Pete_SSAC

Too bad our main Sig maker is a Pessimistic Troll! :smile:
I dont want to say any names lets just say Jerry M.....no that's too obvious J. Manuel :D:

VeeckAsInWreck
04-01-2002, 02:47 AM
Pete, I am wit' u bro! I am psyched up for this season! I have no doubt that this is the year in which the 80something year old drought ends! My sig says it all! let's PLAYBALL!!!!!!!!!

:veeck
"Have fun dammit!"
Ok he never said that! but he would if he was still around!

Jerry_Manuel
04-01-2002, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Too bad our main Sig maker is a Pessimistic Troll! :smile:
I dont want to say any names lets just say Jerry M.....no that's too obvious J. Manuel :D:

You need people like me here, Cali. I have to keep you guys on your toes. Pete knows how to contact me if he needs something done.

Bucktown
04-01-2002, 09:40 AM
Are you guys crazy? We are already a .5 game behind. This season is doomed. This is Reinsdorf's fault. We will never overtake the Indians as long as Reinsdorf owns this team. Any decent owner would not have allowed this to happen.

34 Inch Stick
04-01-2002, 11:31 AM
Is 92 wins considered pessismisstic? The cover page poll asks if we are less confident, more confident, etc. I am less confident only because I expected 100 last year with Wells.

I may not always agree but I do always believe.

cheeses_h_rice
04-01-2002, 11:35 AM
Look at the predictions pages, and I think you will find a highly optimistic lot here.

As of today, the Sox are 0-0 and starting over. I like that.

duke of dorwood
04-01-2002, 12:32 PM
I think that after last years debacle, we will see some positive chemistry this year and that will filter down to positive performance.

bjmarte
04-01-2002, 12:47 PM
As long as the lineup stays relatively healthy I think there is a very good chance for our pitching to solidify. If that happens I think we will tear up the division and coast into the playoffs. I think that how far we go in the playoffs will be determined by whether or KW is willing to go after a veteran pitcher before the deadline. Which of course means we probably won't go very far in the playoffs, but if there wasn't something to complain about what would we sox fans do?

Lip Man 1
04-01-2002, 12:59 PM
If your idea of having a good season is to possibly win the division
then get hammered in the opening round of the playoffs (again), then you should be happy.

As for me, I expect better of myself, my team and my city. This organization will NEVER even get into a World Series as long as Jerry Reinsdorf is living.

Thank God he's 66.

Lip

bjmarte
04-01-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
If your idea of having a good season is to possibly win the division
then get hammered in the opening round of the playoffs (again), then you should be happy.

As for me, I expect better of myself, my team and my city. This organization will NEVER even get into a World Series as long as Jerry Reinsdorf is living.

Thank God he's 66.

Lip

I'm sorry, I think you are looking for the Pessimists Unite meeting. Try down the hall and to the left.
:smile:

voodoochile
04-01-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by bjmarte

I'm sorry, I think you are looking for the Pessimists Unite meeting. Try down the hall and to the left.
:smile:

Tell it like it is... Pessamists suck!!! I like to think I am one of the founding members of the optimist club. My signature says it all...

:)

HawkDJ
04-01-2002, 02:17 PM
Great post Pete! I've always been optimistic through all the pitching problems. I'm not stupid though, I'm concerned about our starting rotation. It is very talented but very young. If you go by talent I'm not concerned but thats not the way it is. Hopefully they can come through with big pitching but all we really need is decent pitching and I think they can provide. If not, Parque and Biddle can clean up the messs shortly.

GO SOX 2002!!!!

dougs78
04-01-2002, 03:17 PM
Of course you can count me in. I want to be able to say "I told you so" to Jerry when the sox win the division this year and the Twins are languising near .500. So put me in the optimists club. :smile:

OPENING DAY BABY!!!

Chisox_cali
04-01-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

You need people like me here, Cali. I have to keep you guys on your toes. Pete knows how to contact me if he needs something done.

C'mon Jer you know I'm joking, hell I used a Simpsons reference in there, didnt you pick that up?

sox_fan_forever
04-01-2002, 03:28 PM
wooooooooohooooooooo

You can add me to the optimists club for this year! Right now I am so hyped up about this season.

:)

Dadawg_77
04-01-2002, 03:44 PM
It snowing in chicago on opening day, that could be be a bad omen.

sox_fan_forever
04-01-2002, 03:51 PM
And how is that a bad omen? Be optimistic! Come on! Snow is a beautiful thing that makes little children happy.

:cool:

HawkDJ
04-01-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
It snowing in chicago on opening day, that could be be a bad omen.

But it is also April Fool's Day