PDA

View Full Version : Lettering on jerseys

hawkjt
06-09-2007, 10:48 AM
my son is in the army and has a sox jersey without the lettering and number.
He wants me to send him Joe Crede uni lettering and number and I just wondered if anyone knew where I might purchase such a thing in the chicago area?

Thanks for any advice.. go sox.

DumpJerry
06-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Grandstand.
Triple Play Sports.

Mickster
06-09-2007, 11:38 AM
I have seen lettering kits for sale on ebay as well....

getonbckthr
06-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Champs usually has a buy 1 get 1 half off. Pick him up a Crede and get yourself I don't know say Macdougal?

UserNameBlank
06-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Just call some sporting goods stores. Lots of them make uniforms for local baseball teams and stuff and have lots of lettering. But just beware. I ordered a specialty jersey from one once (non-pro sports) and it took I think about 3 weeks to sew a few letters onto a shirt. Hopefully for just the letters they'd have that in stock and jsut give it to you.

puckereduppiet
06-09-2007, 06:50 PM
when I was checking into buying my Pierzynski jersey. A couple of things you need to know.
1- is it authentic majestic (same one the players wear)
2- the lettering and #s' are different than the replica jersey.

Dibbs
06-09-2007, 09:10 PM
Grandstand or Triple Play Sports

Dan the Man
06-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Grandstand or Triple Play Sports
If we are thinking of the same place, I think it is Triple Threat Sports.

Ragator43
06-10-2007, 09:43 AM
Triple Threat can do lettering, but they will only add the name and number if it is a past player or your name. Due to "licensing restrictions," they won't add anything for current players to jerseys that they didn't sell to you. I don't know if Grandstand is subject to the same restrictions, but it wouldn't hurt to call.

voodoochile
06-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Triple Threat can do lettering, but they will only add the name and number if it is a past player or your name. Due to "licensing restrictions," they won't add anything for current players to jerseys that they didn't sell to you. I don't know if Grandstand is subject to the same restrictions, but it wouldn't hurt to call.

Grandstand did my Thomas jersey after I bought a blank one at a game (wanted to buy one after a win). They didn't have any qualms about putting his name and number on it and that was when he was still with the team.

TheOldRoman
06-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Triple Threat can do lettering, but they will only add the name and number if it is a past player or your name. Due to "licensing restrictions," they won't add anything for current players to jerseys that they didn't sell to you. I don't know if Grandstand is subject to the same restrictions, but it wouldn't hurt to call.Triple Threat is full of ****. They used to do it, but they changed their minds a couple of years ago. There are no licensing restrictions. Grandstand does current players. Exclusive Pro Sports does current players. They just want to get you to buy the jersey from them.

Ragator43
06-10-2007, 08:08 PM
How much did Grandstand charge for the lettering? I've got a jersey that I picked up at grinder fest and want to get the last name on it changed. The 3 places I've called to get quotes on what it would cost all said they wouldn't remove the letters because they don't want to be held liable for any damages that may occur during the removal.

As far as triple threat, thanks for the heads up. I'm not going to patronize a business that flat out lies to their potential customers.

ND_Sox_Fan
06-11-2007, 02:31 PM
If you do the lettering and numbering, I would suggest that you make sure that the letters and numbers are the "official" ones - i.e. black with silver outline. Some of the replica jerseys just have the solid black numbers stitched on and IMO look cheap.