PDA

View Full Version : Y2k2/Y2k Comparison

jcw218
04-01-2002, 01:22 AM
I see a few very frightening similarity between these two versions of our favorite team.

1. The offensive fire power is terrific.

2. The defense is adequate.

3. The pitching is the question mark.

We all know how the Y2K season ended. It was the offence that was offensive. Our young pitchers did their jobs...give us a chance to win. The defense did it's job, for the most part. The offence failed in that fateful series.

Nellie_Fox
04-01-2002, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by jcw218
I see a few very frightning similarity between these two versions of our favorite team.

1. The offencive fire power is teriffic.

2. The defence is addequate.

3. The pitching is the question mark.

We all know how the Y2K season ended. It was the offence that was offencive. Our young pitchers did their jobs...give us a chanch to win. The defence did it's job, for the most part. The offence failed in that fateful series.
Oh, my. Should we move this to the thread on spelling and grammar and have at it?

FarWestChicago
04-01-2002, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

Oh, my. Should we move this to the thread on spelling and grammar and have at it? LOL!!!! Hey, you forgot Astronomy. :smile:

Nellie_Fox
04-01-2002, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
LOL!!!! Hey, you forgot Astronomy. :smile:
That's probably because I don't know a whole heck of a lot about astronomy, but my red pen would run out of ink on this post!

jcw218
04-01-2002, 01:36 AM
Hey, go easy on a guy. I'm new here.

Nellie_Fox
04-01-2002, 01:40 AM
Hey, go easy on a guy. I'm new here.
Welcome to the board jcw. You have to understand, I'm a pedantic college professor with a reputation to uphold. :D: Plus, we just finished a long thread on spelling and grammar on the board.

jcw218
04-01-2002, 01:45 AM
originally posted by Nellie_Fox
You have to understand, I'm a pedantic college professor with a reputation to uphold.

I understand. I think you would approve of my edit.

Soxheads
04-01-2002, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

Welcome to the board jcw. You have to understand, I'm a pedantic college professor with a reputation to uphold. :D: Plus, we just finished a long thread on spelling and grammar on the board.

I am a high school freshman who hates grammar, but hates when people use incorrect grammar.

Nellie_Fox
04-01-2002, 02:04 AM
I understand. I think you would approve of my edit.
Much better, but still some work to be done....lol.