PDA

View Full Version : Is JD going on the DL?

Boondock Saint
06-08-2007, 11:49 AM
I just heard on WSCR that Dye got a cortisone injection in his knee last night after getting fluid drained from it. Does this mean that yet another one of our guys is going to be missing a significant amount of time?

Lip Man 1
06-08-2007, 12:06 PM
JD said in the newspaper that because he doesn't have any cartiledge on the side of his knee, four years ago he had three shots (one per week) and that is wearing off so he has to go through it again.

He said the doctors recommend a day off, the day after the shot. So he'll miss another two days in the next two weeks

But to answer your question, the way this season is going, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Lip

Mr.1Dog
06-08-2007, 12:09 PM
:angry: Wonderful

Foulke You
06-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Wow. I mean, who'd have thunk that our outfield on June 8th would be Mackowiak, Owens, and Terrero. Looks like a Cactus League outfield.:(:

QCIASOXFAN
06-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Wow. I mean, who'd have thunk that our outfield on June 8th would be Mackowiak, Owens, and Terrero. Looks like a Cactus League outfield.:(:
It is what it is. That is my new saying about the 07 Sox.

munchman33
06-08-2007, 02:45 PM

Well, by mid-July it better be Owens, Anderson, and Sweeney.

SoXPriDe33
06-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Well, by mid-July it better be Owens, Anderson, and Sweeney.

It better be Pods, Erstad, and Dye by mid-July.

twsoxfan5
06-08-2007, 03:30 PM
I think I am going to buy a Charlotte Knight's hat, because that is who I feel like I am watching on a day to day basis now.

munchman33
06-08-2007, 03:34 PM
It better be Pods, Erstad, and Dye by mid-July.

Why? We'll be 20 out by then. I'm not interested in seeing that outfield. It won't be here next year.

Sad
06-08-2007, 03:39 PM
I think I am going to buy a Charlotte Knight's hat, because that is who I feel like I am watching on a day to day basis now.

really... :?:

good call

puckereduppiet
06-08-2007, 03:41 PM
I like your hat idea...
That's what I just was saying. I thinking up with a sign for tonites game...
in regards to $$$ spent on watching cactus league players.

infohawk
06-08-2007, 04:22 PM
:angry: Wonderful
It's not like he's been contributing anyway.

mrwag
06-09-2007, 07:59 AM
Actually I'd rather see one of the future OF guys up here and put Dye on the DL. Might as well see if we can get anything out of trade for him, otherwise let him walk during FA and pick up a 1st round pick for him. Prolly be worth more at this point anyway. What more do we have to lose?

roadrunner
06-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Why? We'll be 20 out by then. I'm not interested in seeing that outfield. It won't be here next year.

I agree. Let's see if there's anything to this BA/Owens/Sweeney possibility. Let's start to find out if they are any good. They're young so it's not like we're expecting them to set the world on fire - just provide a glimpse of what we might expect to see in the future. If nothing else, maybe we can start to get an idea of exactly how many holes KW has to fill in the outfield next year.

Otherwise, it makes no sense to me. Why would you insert BA in a starting role to start the season in 2006 (in a title defense year) but not in 2007 after seeing the team obviously sucks?

PaleHoseGeorge
06-09-2007, 09:07 AM
It's not like he's been contributing anyway.

True, but it's not like we have ANY alternatives to replace him after he goes under the knife, either.

There is a reason why 99 percent of the ballplayers in the minor leagues are playing in the minors. The first 2 months of this season have already provided ample evidence.