PDA

View Full Version : More Material for the Cubune site

cws05champ
06-08-2007, 09:02 AM
I know there is not much to be excited about the Sox lately, but once again the Tribune site outdoes itself. On the home page of Chiacgosports.com in the pictures of the Cubs game and the Sox game yesterday, they show Soriano swinging at a pitch in a Cubs win, and of course a a fan at the Cell running onto the field as the main pictures. :angry:

No truth to the rumor that shirtless guy was Ryan Bukvich! :D:

DrCrawdad
06-08-2007, 09:09 AM
I know there is not much to be excited about the Sox lately, but once again the Tribune site outdoes itself. On the home page of Chiacgosports.com in the pictures of the Cubs game and the Sox game yesterday, they show Soriano swinging at a pitch in a Cubs win, and of course a a fan at the Cell running onto the field as the main pictures. :angry:

No truth to the rumor that shirtless guy was Ryan Bukvich! :D:

Hey, you must have missed when the Cubune published the photos of the Cubbie fan running on the field the other day, and how each time Cubbie fans trash the field with garbage the Cubune exposes that too...

Hitmen77
06-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Wow! When a fan ran onto the field at a Cubs game about a week ago and, if I'm not mistaken, the Trib and the rest of the media said NOTHING about it.

Hitmen77
06-08-2007, 09:11 AM
Hey, you must have missed when the Cubune published the photos of the Cubbie fan running on the field the other day, and how each time Cubbie fans trash the field with garbage the Cubune exposes that too...

How does George Knue explain this one?

DrCrawdad
06-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Did the photo of last nights 'field runner' get published in the "dead tree" version of the Cubune?

DrCrawdad
06-08-2007, 09:24 AM

:knue
"It's a worthwhile story when we publish it. If we don't publish it, it is not a worthwhile story."

Dan Mega
06-08-2007, 09:51 AM

He won't.

DrCrawdad
06-08-2007, 10:11 AM
He won't.

That's right.

Does it ever occur to this propagandists that publishing these photos is exactly what the "runners" want? Then they've got a photo of their "accomplishment" and notoriety.

Publishing these photos only encourages more morons to do it.

Wait could that be another reason why they publish these photos...

Oh of course not. How cynical of me.

HotelWhiteSox
06-08-2007, 09:35 PM
****ing pieces of ****. I purposely looked on their site when it happened at the Cubs game, nope, nothing, no mention at all.

Another example for those who laugh at any idea of a bias. It's all over the media. Going back to last year's Sox/Cubs game when the Cubs fans trashed their own field, and Bruce Levine went on the radio blaming that on the Sox fans in attendance, to no attention or criticism to the fact that it's happened about 15 more times since

tebman
06-09-2007, 12:07 AM
****ing pieces of ****. I purposely looked on their site when it happened at the Cubs game, nope, nothing, no mention at all.

Another example for those who laugh at any idea of a bias. It's all over the media. Going back to last year's Sox/Cubs game when the Cubs fans trashed their own field, and Bruce Levine went on the radio blaming that on the Sox fans in attendance, to no attention or criticism to the fact that it's happened about 15 more times since
It's a narrative that the sportswriters and radio yakkers need -- it gives them something to write about. At some point in the last generation, the Cubs became attractive, upscale and marketable. Since they needed a contrast to make their story work, the Sox became downscale, tasteless, and less marketable.

It's all sales. The Tribune leads the pack, but the rest of the bobbleheads follow its lead. When George Knue huffed and puffed on WSI last year telling us what a paragon of integrity the Tribune is, he missed the larger point we were making: there is a narrative that has been created that says Cubs=good and Sox=bad, and the press/media/marketers won't let it go.

Face it, fellow Sox fans -- we're just from the wrong side of the tracks. I know that's true because the Tribune told me so.

I wish I could've written that last line in teal.

jeffmcmahon
08-04-2007, 12:51 PM
It's pretty obvious at this point that the Tribune drone who posts photos on their websites is doing this stuff just to get a rise out of Sox fans. It shows you the level of professionalism over there.

downstairs
08-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Wow! When a fan ran onto the field at a Cubs game about a week ago and, if I'm not mistaken, the Trib and the rest of the media said NOTHING about it.

I believe they did, actually.

HotelWhiteSox
08-05-2007, 12:06 AM
This incident was old, it wasn't mentioned, the Howry one was.

My latest interesting trend has been what happens when the Sox win and lose. Usually if the Sox win, a Bears article is on top of the Sox mention. Tonight there are about 4 articles/headlines before any Sox game mention, and the win isn't even in the headline

SoxFan78
08-05-2007, 08:49 AM
This incident was old, it wasn't mentioned, the Howry one was.

My latest interesting trend has been what happens when the Sox win and lose. Usually if the Sox win, a Bears article is on top of the Sox mention. Tonight there are about 4 articles/headlines before any Sox game mention, and the win isn't even in the headline

Check it out today. The Sox are listed 5th on Chicagosports.com.

1. Cubs Win
2. Bonds #755
3. Bears Camp
4. NBA DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE TRY-OUTS
5. Sox Win

Hitmen77
08-06-2007, 01:26 PM
I believe they did, actually.

My post was from 2 months ago and referring to another incident that wasn't mentioned in the media. This thread got bumped recently.

Hitmen77
08-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Check it out today. The Sox are listed 5th on Chicagosports.com.

1. Cubs Win
2. Bonds #755
3. Bears Camp
4. NBA DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE TRY-OUTS
5. Sox Win

Is it time to resurrect Hangar's old media watch? :tongue:

Seriously though, we've all seen the media's twisted logic/double standard over the years:

Sox in race for 1st place? Not newsworthy because they aren't for real and they'll fold in the end.
Sox in 1st place by huge margin? Not newsworthy because a big lead is "boring" and there is nothing to talk about.
Sox far out of 1st place? Team is irrelevant - nothing to report because they aren't in contention.

Cubs in race for 1st place? STORY OF THE YEAR! Cubbies all the way, baby! Chicago gripped in Cubs fever.
Cubs far out of 1st place? Lovable Cubbies still talk of the town. With so many problems and areas needing improvement, Cubs are simply more interesting and newsworthy than the boringly successful Sox.