PDA

View Full Version : ebay tix

ChiSoxIn06
06-07-2007, 10:02 AM
ok so i bought these tickets off ebay for tonight but am concerned on whether they are legit or not...i have never bought tix off of ebay and was wondering if you guys can help me out...they look different from the ones that i bought off mlb.com.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/slipknut55/tix.jpg

Mr.1Dog
06-07-2007, 10:04 AM
What about the back of the tickets? Can you clearly read the print or is it blury?

champagne030
06-07-2007, 10:05 AM
ok so i bought these tickets off ebay for tonight but am concerned on whether they are legit or not...i have never bought tix off of ebay and was wondering if you guys can help me out...they look different from the ones that i bought off mlb.com.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/slipknut55/tix.jpg

They appear to be fine. The top ticket was printed by Ticketmaster. The bottom ticket was printed by the Sox. That's what my tickets look like if I order extra through my Sox charge account.

DumpJerry
06-07-2007, 10:11 AM
The ticket on the top is no good. It won't get you into the park. The game was last month.

itsnotrequired
06-07-2007, 10:13 AM
The ticket on the top is no good. It won't get you into the park. The game was last month.

Worth a try, I think...

soxfan13
06-07-2007, 10:16 AM

Wheres the teal :smile: I think they are just showing to compare

ChiSoxIn06
06-07-2007, 10:32 AM
yeah the back of the ticket has the dunkin donuts ad and the print is fine...i didnt know that ticketmaster and the sox both printed thier own tickets

twentywontowin
06-07-2007, 10:36 AM
The top ticket is the box office stock. The bottom one is the ticket you get when you buy the Ozzie Plan.

SoxFan78
06-07-2007, 10:42 AM
The bottom one does look fine. How is the sellers feedback rating? If he has sold other tickets and people have given the seller positive feedback then that makes the transaction a little more safe.

DMBSOXFAN
06-07-2007, 10:48 AM
My tickets for tonight look the same as yours. Like some of the others above me said you should be fine.

DMBSOXFAN
06-07-2007, 10:52 AM
FYI - If you're ever unsure if your tickets are real there is a little test you can do. If you take a lighter or a match and hold them near the edge of the ticket (don't actually light the ticket on fire), the corner/edge of the ticket should turn black. I guess the material that TM prints tickets on reacts to heat in this way.

You only want to keep the flame near the ticket for a sec or two. You don't want the whole ticket turning black. If anything practice on an old stub once before you try it on the ticket in question.

Chez
06-07-2007, 11:04 AM
FYI - If you're ever unsure if your tickets are real there is a little test you can do. If you take a lighter or a match and hold them near the edge of the ticket (don't actually light the ticket on fire), the corner/edge of the ticket should turn black. I guess the material that TM prints tickets on reacts to heat in this way.

You only want to keep the flame near the ticket for a sec or two. You don't want the whole ticket turning black. If anything practice on an old stub once before you try it on the ticket in question.

Let me see if I got this straight, you're not supposed to actually light the ticket on fire? Okay; I think I've got it. :D:

ChiSoxIn06
06-07-2007, 03:41 PM
ok guys thanks for the input...i feel a little safer about them now...lol...see you guys at the game

twentywontowin
06-07-2007, 03:56 PM

Any thermal paper will do this, as the printer will use heat to make the text.

Steelrod
06-07-2007, 04:00 PM
I left a ticket in my car too long and the imprinting faded from the heat.

INSox56
06-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Yeah don't worry. The blurry one is what they look like when you get them off of Ticketmaster or from the box office. The nicer, neat print is what you get when you get them through a ST plan. I should know....my STOLEN season tickets last year all looked like that when they got reprinted for me. :angry::angry:

Iwritecode
06-07-2007, 04:43 PM

What color does normal paper turn when you do this?

IlliniSox4Life
06-07-2007, 05:01 PM
The Tix look legit. I've seen both types.

The best way to be sure on ebay is to buy from a seller who has sold similar items before (tickets) and has positive rep.

Also, if a deal seems somehow too good to be true, it probably is and there's probably something you're missing.

TheOldRoman
06-07-2007, 08:19 PM
The top tickets was probably purchased from a ticketmaster booth. That is how they generally look. I am guessing the bottom ticket was purchased from the Sox before the season. Tickets I ordered before the season to have delivered had the different, clearer writing.

ewokpelts
06-08-2007, 01:05 PM
yeah the back of the ticket has the dunkin donuts ad and the print is fine...i didnt know that ticketmaster and the sox both printed thier own ticketsit's a ticketbastard machine, just used by the sox box office.