PDA

View Full Version : Tribe hammering on Angels...

czalgosz
03-31-2002, 09:05 PM
5-0 Tribe in the third. They're handing it to Washburn. Looks like the Sox'll start the season a half-game back.

Jerry_Manuel
03-31-2002, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Looks like the Sox'll start the season a half-game back.

Get used to it.

I know, I know.....:troll

Daver
03-31-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Get used to it.

I was thinking more along the lines of :whoflungpoo

czalgosz
03-31-2002, 09:29 PM
For the record - if you were betting on who would hit the first homer of 2002, the answer is... (drum roll) - Travis Fryman.

Pete_SSAC
03-31-2002, 10:45 PM
Hmmm, Tribe wins 6-0, Colon pitches a CG SHO. Dang dang dang.

- Pete

GASHWOUND
03-31-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC
Hmmm, Tribe wins 6-0, Colon pitches a CG SHO. Dang dang dang.

- Pete

I know Colon had a great game tonight, but doesn't it look like he's "bigger" this year than last? His face looked like it was stuffed with sausages. No offense to Colon. :cool:

Pete_SSAC
03-31-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

I know Colon had a great game tonight, but doesn't it look like he's "bigger" this year than last? His face looked like it was stuffed with sausages. No offense to Colon. :cool:

Yep, and remeber, David Wells started off last season doing well too.

:cool:

- Pete, who just made his 500th post.

GASHWOUND
03-31-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Get used to it.

I know, I know.....:troll

Dang Jer, you're worse than the "Toon fans I troll with! With Sox fans like you, who needs Trolls?
:smile:

RKMeibalane
03-31-2002, 11:46 PM
I wouldn't worry about anything, yet. The Sox haven't even played, so there's no telling how things will turn out. The Indians won tonight because they were playing a bad team. If they were playing the Yankees, they wouldn't have won. Washburn is an average pitcher at best, so I wasn't surprised to see him give up four runs in the first inning.

GASHWOUND
04-01-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I wouldn't worry about anything, yet. The Sox haven't even played, so there's no telling how things will turn out. The Indians won tonight because they were playing a bad team. If they were playing the Yankees, they wouldn't have won. Washburn is an average pitcher at best, so I wasn't surprised to see him give up four runs in the first inning.

Yeah, remember we won our 1st game last year against the 'Toons, David Wells looked great, maggs hit a HR and we got off the the terrific start of 14-29!!

GASHWOUND
04-01-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

Also...you wouldn't know the Angels were a "bad" team by all the hype for this team i saw on Baseball Tonight and stuff. You would've thought the Angels were gonna be playing the Cards or whoever in the world series by what Percival was saying.
We got Appier, and Sele...Sele has more wins in the last 3 years than anybody, blah, blah...Appier has more wins than Hampton and Leiter..blah, blah, blah.
Seesh, I thought I was missing something, I don't think the Angels are Tigers, Reds, Pirates bad, but their 'O' is really bad, the middle relief won't be scaring people and the rotation is not bad, but Appier is getting up there and you never know with Sele. I just don't see the Angels being all that great.