PDA

View Full Version : Sox vs. Yanks observation

kiddeft
06-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Quick observation from last night's game....
PLEASE do NOT let Cintron play anywhere near third base again.

There was a handful of flubs caused by him. A couple off the top of my head...
- Botched bunt plays
- Botched throws to first
- Botched catches at third
Pretty much everything.

Also, I keep hearing so much about Owens and his stealing abilities. The problem is, he can't get on base. Maybe just use him as a pinch runner? Erstad is hot right now. Don't take him out!

JB98
06-06-2007, 04:58 PM

- Botched bunt plays
Pretty much everything.

Also, I keep hearing so much about Owens and his stealing abilities. The problem is, he can't get on base. Maybe just use him as a pinch runner? Erstad is hot right now. Don't take him out!

Ummm.....Darin is on the disabled list.

jenn2080
06-06-2007, 05:00 PM

- Botched bunt plays
Pretty much everything.

Yeah Erstad is real hot right now. Hot on the DL. Welcome to last week.

kiddeft
06-06-2007, 05:02 PM
Ummm.....Darin is on the disabled list.

I don't care. Prop him up and put a bat in his hand. :D:

Another, noteworthy observation, being in the NYC area and watching the Yanks broadcast of the game is pretty good. The Yanks TV announcers are good guys, I have to say, unlike others (Cleveland, I'm looking in your direction).

It's Dankerific
06-06-2007, 05:03 PM
I was counting on the gameday thread. 5 easily made plays by Crede before the game was over.. I stopped counting when the game became hopeless.

Good luck Josh, get Well Joe!

- Botched bunt plays
Pretty much everything.

Chicken Dinner
06-06-2007, 05:16 PM
As far as the bunts, your right. When I was watching the game I was wondering how long it would take the Yanks to spot that weakness and bunt to 3rd.

billyvsox
06-06-2007, 05:47 PM
The botched bunt was a HUGE play in the game. It set up the whole big inning for the yanks. I believe with that out and a runner on third, Mark could have gotten out of it down only 2-1. I live in Phoenix and while he was with the d-backs he NEVER ever played 3rd only shortstop and an occasional 2nd base. Since he never played their last year much, this may have been his first real game at 3rd. It's like Mack in CF. Does Ozzie and Kenny even know what positions the players can play?

Dont even get me started on his hitting...mercy

JB98
06-06-2007, 05:49 PM
The botched bunt was a HUGE play in the game. It set up the whole big inning for the yanks. I believe with that out and a runner on third, Mark could have gotten out of it down only 2-1. I live in Phoenix and while he was with the d-backs he NEVER ever played 3rd only shortstop and an occasional 2nd base. Since he never played their last year much, this may have been his first real game at 3rd. It's like Mack in CF. Does Ozzie and Kenny even know what positions the players can play?

Dont even get me started on his hitting...mercy

Alex has played 74 career games at 3B, only 16 of which have come with the White Sox.

I'm not saying he is good there, but last night's game was not his maiden voyage at the position by any means.

It's Dankerific
06-06-2007, 06:04 PM
Alex has played 74 career games at 3B, only 16 of which have come with the White Sox.

I'm not saying he is good there, but last night's game was not his maiden voyage at the position by any means.

The worst problem with the botched bunt was that Jeter showed the bunt early, and cintron didnt start moving in till WAY late. Didnt even move his feet. it was horrible.

kevingrt
06-06-2007, 06:14 PM

Another, noteworthy observation, being in the NYC area and watching the Yanks broadcast of the game is pretty good. The Yanks TV announcers are good guys, I have to say, unlike others (Cleveland, I'm looking in your direction).

I always thought Cleveland announcers were classic. When Carmona blew all those saves last year their calls were some of the best.

kiddeft
06-06-2007, 06:33 PM
I subscribe to MLB TV to watch the Sox games and some of the away broadcasts are very painful to hear. I remember Cleveland really pissing me off. The announcers were attacking the players and then started attacking the umps for calling the right plays.

I guess you have to understand in a way ... they got nothing else to hold on to in Cleveland.

itsnotrequired
06-06-2007, 11:29 PM

I like your style.

oeo
06-06-2007, 11:31 PM

"CYA!" has to be one of the most annoying homerun calls. It ranks up there with DJ's "Uh-oh" call.

Sad
06-07-2007, 09:26 AM
"CYA!" has to be one of the most annoying homerun calls. It ranks up there with DJ's "Uh-oh" call.
:rolleyes:
Yankee announcers are horrible... radio & TV