PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts from today's game...

czalgosz
03-31-2002, 08:49 PM
1) Pac Bell Park is beautiful to look at, but there are definitely a lot of flaws to it. I felt very cramped in my seat. They obviously tried to get a lot of seats in a small area.

2) I'll echo Bisto Stu's thoughts on Garland - Garland was en Fuego today. He was throwing strikes and making the Giants hitters look bad. I am a lot more confident in him now than I was.

3) I can see why Sox scouts are high on Malone - he showed good command of the strike zone, and even though he wasn't throwing hard, he was getting all of his pitches over for strikes. That said, he wasn't fooling the Giants hitters. They were hitting the ball well. Luckily it was mostly right at people, but he's clearly not yet ready for the big time.

4) Jeff Liefer should not be playing third. He looked terrible out there.

5) Aaron Rowand showed a nice arm on a double in the ninth - he actually made it close on a ball hit on the corner. A strong, accurate throw. Carlos Lee was turning every ball hit into left into an adventure, as usual.

All in all, I feel a lot better about the Sox after watching them play live than I did beforehand.

HawkDJ
03-31-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

2) I'll echo Bisto Stu's thoughts on Garland - Garland was en Fuego today. He was throwing strikes and making the Giants hitters look bad. I am a lot more confident in him now than I was.

Yeah same with me. I was pretty worried about him with his control problems and all but wow he was great today. Hopefully that can carry over into the season.

Daver
03-31-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2

Yeah same with me. I was pretty worried about him with his control problems and all but wow he was great today. Hopefully that can carry over into the season.

Garland has improved by strides from last season,and though I was not as worried about the pitching as most of the members here,it was nice to see a solid outing from him.

doublem23
03-31-2002, 09:02 PM
Garland is gonna have a huge year. He's ready to bust out.