PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from Pac Bell

Bisco Stu
03-31-2002, 06:50 PM
And I was IMPRESSED. Garland was SOLID. He's definitely winning 15 this year. One ball hit off him hard was the first pitch to Bonds, and he does that to everyone.

D was good too, Lee battled the sun a few times and made some nice catches. Mags looked like he could care less, swung at some horrible pitches. P*ssed that MVP didn't play, but I guess JM's saving him for tomorrow, when it counts.

Malone was good too, until he ran out of gas in the 9th. After the game, Lofton was all excited, high-fiving mitts with Lee. He's enthused about the Sox, and he's going to make a huge difference.

Jesus, it was nice to watch the Sox play in a GREAT stadium, instead of those pieces of dogsh*t otherwise known as Comiskey and Wrigley. Chicago, you need a REAL park!

Bottom line: If this game was typical for the Sox, then the AL Central is OURS TO LOSE.

Bisco Stu
03-31-2002, 08:27 PM
I also wanted to add it was sweet when Garland struck out Bonds. The only time those lame Giants fans paid any attention was when Bonds batted.

Pete_SSAC
03-31-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
I also wanted to add it was sweet when Garland struck out Bonds. The only time those lame Giants fans paid any attention was when Bonds batted.

Damnit! Now the Scrub fans have invaded the West Coast!

- Pete

PaleHoseGeorge
03-31-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC

Damnit! Now the Scrub fans have invaded the West Coast!

- Pete

I suspect Giants fans are the left coast version of Flubs fans, as are Boston fans the east coast variety.

:lynch&mcfail
"If it was up to us, we would turn baseball into a country club indulgence."

:shammy
"Tea with your zinger?"

doublem23
03-31-2002, 08:45 PM
That's a wicked googily, PHG.

:)

czalgosz
03-31-2002, 08:47 PM
Most of the people in the stands didn't know most of the Giants players, much less the Sox players. They knew Bonds, of course, and J.T. Snow is a fan favorite for some reason, but that's about it. Even Rich Aurilia got a tepid round of applause. But they probably know more than most Cub fans do.

For some reason, Giants fans cheered when they announced Royce Clayton. I know he played for the Giants, but it seems that he's fondly remembered.

Clayton spent about 15 minutes before the game chatting with Barry Bonds behind home plate. They are obviously friends. I guess birds of a feather flock together, huh?

RKMeibalane
03-31-2002, 10:50 PM
Of course. Clayton learned how to be egotistical and selfish from the master- Bonds himself.