PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie announcement today?

itsnotrequired
06-06-2007, 08:34 AM
Saw this on Reifert's blog:

I was in Ozzie's office with he and Joey around 2:30 pm. Major League Baseball has an announcement tomorrow about Ozzie and a very neat program, and I needed to run it past Ozzie. He was showering, shaving and getting ready for batting practice as we talked. He read the release and quote from Commissioner Selig and laughed. "This is good," he said. (You'll need to read it on our site around noon tomorrow, but the release will be typical Ozzie, the side some people rarely see or recognize).

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/inside_the_white_sox/2007/06/tuesday_with_th.html

I wonder what it is? Something charitable? Announcing a movie role?

From the same post:

At that point our pitching staff wandered out to take batting practice.

"Make sure you stretch," Guillen shouted to them. "I don't want anyone to get hurt."

"Contreras," Williams yelled at, well, Contreras. "You're the oldest guy out there, do something. Bend. Touch your toes. Stretch. Something."

Contreras just smiled at him.

"Don't just smile, do something."

:D:

UserNameBlank
06-06-2007, 08:55 AM
He's going to sacrifice a chicken.

ewokpelts
06-06-2007, 11:05 AM
He's going to sacrifice a chicken.maybe they should use a live chicken.....

Chicken Dinner
06-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Hopefully it's not more Chevy commercials. :o:

06-06-2007, 11:29 AM
He is probably sponsoring some therapy sessions or something. :D:

Frontman
06-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Aaron Rowand's return?

soxfan13
06-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Saw this on Reifert's blog:

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/inside_the_white_sox/2007/06/tuesday_with_th.html

I wonder what it is? Something charitable? Announcing a movie role?

From the same post:

:D:

They are announcing that Ozzie is holding interviews for a new batting coach. The twist is that this person has to be a regular Joe Shmo from WSI who has a fail proof plan to turn the bats around:tongue:

bryPt
06-06-2007, 01:03 PM
The AJ quote in the blog IS AWESOME. AJ is the man.

bryPt
06-06-2007, 01:06 PM
not to post up twice. But the way I read it, KW was sounded mad that Contreras was not working and slacking off. I would like to see KX go old school, ala Vince Lombardi, and trade the guys that slack off. Great rumor about Vince was that a player came into his office and asked for a new contract and Vince said, be back in a moment. He then came back in 20 minutes later and said "Sorry son, you have been traded."

Don't stretch Contreras, you are gone for someone that will.

WS in 05
06-06-2007, 01:07 PM
Ozzie announcement is to Scott about interviewing him while he was showering he finds it creepy

twsoxfan5
06-06-2007, 01:08 PM
The announcement is up there now. It is an anti-doping message to Latin players.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070606&content_id=2008853&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Frontman
06-06-2007, 01:12 PM
The announcement is up there now. It is an anti-doping message to Latin players.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070606&content_id=2008853&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Good for Ozzie to say something. I wished more players/managers took this type of active response to issues, instead of keeping quiet.

Good job Ozzie!!

StillMissOzzie
06-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Damn it, I was hoping for an Ozzie vs. Sweet Lou Subway Sandwich battle.

SMO
:rolleyes:

WisSoxFan
06-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Great rumor about Vince was that a player came into his office and asked for a new contract and Vince said, be back in a moment. He then came back in 20 minutes later and said "Sorry son, you have been traded."

Legend has it that Jim Ringo showed up in Lombardi's office with an agent in negotiating his contract and Lombardi excused himself and came back saying he needed to talk with the Eagles since he'd been traded there. The Pack got Lee Roy Caffey and a #1 in return for Ringo and a RB. They used the #1 on Donny Anderson.

INSox56
06-06-2007, 01:26 PM
OH!!!! Dinner Impossible shot there last night???? Damn, I'm pissed that I missed it. Would have loved to meet the guy possibly. I'm bummed now.....

ewokpelts
06-06-2007, 01:27 PM
not to post up twice. But the way I read it, KW was sounded mad that Contreras was not working and slacking off. I would like to see KX go old school, ala Vince Lombardi, and trade the guys that slack off. Great rumor about Vince was that a player came into his office and asked for a new contract and Vince said, be back in a moment. He then came back in 20 minutes later and said "Sorry son, you have been traded."

Don't stretch Contreras, you are gone for someone that will.good....i'm a little tired of ozzie's man love for his latin players. it's time for Ken to start acting like the boss.

bryPt
06-06-2007, 01:36 PM
"And thus, the former soap opera actor in Venezuela began his latest starring role shortly thereafter. This video had nothing to do with fame and fortune for Guillen."

Ozzie was a soap opera actor? THIS I GOTTA SEE.

oeo
06-06-2007, 01:46 PM

Don't stretch Contreras, you are gone for someone that will.

Are you with the Chicago media? This is how bad rumors get started...you read too much into what was said.

oeo
06-06-2007, 01:47 PM
good....i'm a little tired of ozzie's man love for his latin players. it's time for Ken to start acting like the boss.

This is so true.

bryPt
06-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Are you with the Chicago media? This is how bad rumors get started...you read too much into what was said.

oh crap, I am turning into Phil Rogers.

/off to wash my mouth out with soap.

SBSoxFan
06-06-2007, 01:55 PM
"And thus, the former soap opera actor in Venezuela began his latest starring role shortly thereafter. This video had nothing to do with fame and fortune for Guillen."

Ozzie was a soap opera actor? THIS I GOTTA SEE.

Somewhere here is a link to a youtube video of Ozzie during his soap opera days.

And another thing: Don Cooper runs?! :o:

southside rocks
06-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Good for Ozzie to say something. I wished more players/managers took this type of active response to issues, instead of keeping quiet.

Good job Ozzie!!

You mean we won't see Tony LaRussa making a similar spot anytime soon? What a surprise! But he could do it right after his public-service announcement for MADD... :redneck