PDA

View Full Version : Update on Giants Game

Chisox_cali
03-31-2002, 05:06 PM
6-1 Sox Btm 6(I Think) Don't know how we scored. Garland was scheduled to start don't know if he did but the score indicates he had--or is still having--a pretty good outing, which I like to see.

Daver
03-31-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
6-1 Sox Btm 6(I Think) Don't know how we scored. Garland was scheduled to start don't know if he did but the score indicates he had--or is still having--a pretty good outing, which I like to see.

It's 5-1,Garland started and looked very good.JM already pulled some of the regular starters.

Chisox_cali
03-31-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by daver

It's 5-1,Garland started and looked very good.JM already pulled some of the regular starters.

ooops guess I just wish it was 6-1 it still may be that though good to hear Jon had a good start and that he pulled the starters. Any idea how we scored Daver?

Daver
03-31-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

ooops guess I just wish it was 6-1 it still may be that though good to hear Jon had a good start and that he pulled the starters. Any idea how we scored Daver?

Konerko had a 2 run double in the first,Lee hit one in with a single in the first,Not sure on the other two,as I am busy about the house.

Chisox_cali
03-31-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by daver

Konerko had a 2 run double in the first,Lee hit one in with a single in the first,Not sure on the other two,as I am busy about the house.

Cool, thanks Daver you may continue being busy about the house :D:

HawkDJ
03-31-2002, 05:53 PM
Great game for White Sox pitching. Garland did great. (5 IP, 3 H, 1 ER). Corwin Malone had a terrific 3 innings until his 4th inning when he let up 3 hits but Gary Majewski cleaned up his mess. Hopefully this pitching momentum will carry into the season!

TimChamp
03-31-2002, 05:53 PM
White Sox win 5-2...the pitching in that game was outstanding, epecially when Majewski came in with no outs, one run in and runners on 1st and 2nd, then induced the catcher into a DP and the next guy into a comebacker...I also liked the way Malone pitched for 3 innings...he has some good stuff...and of course, Garland was outstanding today...overall encouraging performance (although only one was a major leaguer) from the pitching staff and I liked the offense too... :D:

CerberusWG
03-31-2002, 06:21 PM
Garland hit the ball so hard in the first inning he onyl drove in a run. He hit a rocket to Right Field.

doublem23
03-31-2002, 06:41 PM
Nice to see the Sox remembered how to pitch once they got out of Arizona.