PDA

View Full Version : Crede out again (back)

HotelWhiteSox
06-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Crede out of the lineup for his back, possible DL trip could be coming

Via the Score

thomas35forever
06-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Crede out of the lineup for his back, possible DL trip could be coming

Via the Score
****, just when our luck with injuries couldn't get worse.

Foulke You
06-05-2007, 05:06 PM
I knew he wasn't 100% healthy. You could tell by his swing that the back was still bothering him. It was slow, big, and loopy. Anyone who watched Joe hit in '05 and '06 knew that something wasn't right there.

Of course, now what the heck do we do? Alex Cintron? I don't think he is a full time answer at 3B. I wouldn't mind seeing Josh Fields get the call. Do it KW.

salty99
06-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Let the Josh Fields era begin.

tyrath25
06-05-2007, 05:07 PM
I was just listening to the score and missed the injury note...from what I heard it was just because he's been having a bit of a slow spell lately. Hopefully. But I never trust those cortisone shots...

06-05-2007, 05:08 PM
I think he needs some prolonged rest and attention to his back.

Bring up Fields now.

TDog
06-05-2007, 05:18 PM

Bring up Fields now.

That would be my initial reaction to the Crede news. Of course, Crede hasn't been hitting this year, and he continues to have no speed. Fields can't be expected to look like a gold glover at third base, but I don't believe he is regarded as a bad third baseman.

I understand why the team has avoided bringing up Fields up to now, but circumstances may make this the time to have two rookies starting in the White Sox lineup.

JB98
06-05-2007, 05:18 PM
2006 Joe Crede: 31 doubles, 30 homers
2007 Joe Crede: 5 doubles, 4 homers

That's an alarming loss of power. Joe is obviously hurt. Put him on the disabled list and put him out of his misery.

salty99
06-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Tonight's lineup:
Owens, CF; Iguchi, 2B; Thome, DH; Dye, RF; AJ, C; PK, 1B; Mack, LF; Uribe, SS; Cintron, 3B. Buehrle pitching.

Foulke You
06-05-2007, 05:22 PM
2006 Joe Crede: 31 doubles, 30 homers
2007 Joe Crede: 5 doubles, 4 homers

That's an alarming loss of power. Joe is obviously hurt. Put him on the disabled list and put him out of his misery.
Agreed. I think the guy is just too tough for his own good. He is playing with bad discs in his back. He needs to get healthy and THEN come back.

20/20 hindsight, I wonder if Crede is having 2nd thoughts on not having that back surgery in the offseason that was initially recommended.

Lip Man 1
06-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Foulke:

With him becomming a free agent after 2008, I think the odds are good he's going to be advised by his agent to have it done this off season.

Lip

veeter
06-05-2007, 05:33 PM
I'll never wish for the start of the Josh Fields era, if it means the end of Joe. Crede is so damn important to this team, it's not even funny. But we'll realize that when and if he goes. The guy is even underappreciated by some fans. I think Fields is going to be great, and God only knows I'd have him in there before Cintron, but I hope Joe os going to be o.k.

KyWhiSoxFan
06-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Foulke:

With him becomming a free agent after 2008, I think the odds are good he's going to be advised by his agent to have it done this off season.

Lip

I thought I read someplace that Crede's already indicated he will undergo surgery this off season.

JB98
06-05-2007, 05:34 PM
I'll never wish for the start of the Josh Fields era, if it means the end of Joe. Crede is so damn important to this team, it's not even funny. But we'll realize that when and if he goes. The guy is even underappreciated by some fans. I think Fields is going to be great, and God only knows I'd have him in there before Cintron, but I hope Joe os going to be o.k.

If he's out for any length of time, our defense is going to suffer big time. No question. But boy, it's painful to watch Joe swing the bat right now. He is obviously not himself.

sox1970
06-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Enough is enough. DL him and bring up Fields. Crede's gone after 2008 anyway. Time to see what Josh can do.

06-05-2007, 05:43 PM
I thought I read someplace that Crede's already indicated he will undergo surgery this off season.

If it is bad enough than it makes sense to do this surgery sooner than later. I guess I would imply that if the White Sox are not contending than he should have this surgery now (Boras, his agent, would be smart to not care either way about what the White Sox are doing).

If he wants to have the best shot at coming back and putting up great #'s again in 2008 before he goes into free agency than he should get through this, have surgery, and get started on his rehab now.

Navarro's Talent
06-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Crede's most likey going to need that surgery. Time to bring up Fields and hope for the best.

IlliniSox4Life
06-05-2007, 06:13 PM

The thing I hate about back injuries is whenever I see it written out I get confused and think/hope its like "oh, he was out but now hes back". Why couldn't they name that part of the body something else. From now on I'm calling it the "notfront".

****in notfront injuries. Crede really needs to get that surgery on his notfront.

Noneck
06-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Why doesn't anyone on Comcast ask Melton about back problems? He had problems similar to Crede and played 3rd. He has 1st hand insight and is never asked, strange.

ZombieRob
06-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Might as well shut him down this year and get the surgery done if he plans on doing so anyway.Don't pull a Kerry Wood and comeback just as problematic and could more injury to himself.And the scary thing Back surgery isn't a 100% fix all.

chisoxfanatic
06-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Great! All we need is more Cintron!

Hopefully they bring up Fields soon! We need someone who won't be a defensive liability over there.

JB98
06-05-2007, 06:28 PM
Great! All we need is more Cintron!

Hopefully they bring up Fields soon! We need someone who won't be a defensive liability over there.

Scary thought for the day: Cintron has a higher batting average than Crede. :o:

soxfan13
06-05-2007, 06:29 PM

Bring up Fields now.

No him and his doctor, Boras, thought all he needed in the offseason was rest and rehabilitation. The Sox practically begged him to get the surgery but he listened to Boras instead. If he would have had the surgery we wouldnt be talking about this right now.

HawkDJ
06-05-2007, 06:34 PM
And tonight the Chicago Knights take on the New York Yankees...

JB98
06-05-2007, 06:37 PM
And tonight the Chicago Knights take on the New York Yankees...

:?:

Owens is the only guy in tonight's lineup who has seen time at Charlotte this year.

Daver
06-05-2007, 06:45 PM
And the scary thing Back surgery isn't a 100% fix all.

Perhaps this is why the Sox prefer that he try to gut out the season and have it in the offseason, so that they have time to get a replacement ready, be it Fields or a FA.

Jerksticks
06-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Actually surgery seems like a lose-lose for the Sox.
If Crede is out for the season with surgery that means Fields plays everyday. Man if Fields is good then Crede has nowhere to play in 2008 because we won't send Fields down again. He doesn't need any more years at AAA.
A Joe Crede with recurring back problems coming off back surgery does not have much trade value.

I just think our window of opportunity to maximize Crede's value has passed.

Patrick134
06-05-2007, 06:58 PM
If Crede is out for the season with surgery that means Fields plays everyday. Man if Fields is good then Crede has nowhere to play in 2008 because we won't send Fields down again. He doesn't need any more years at AAA.
A Joe Crede with recurring back problems coming off back surgery does not have much trade value.

If fields is playing because he's playing well, how is that a "lose-lose"?

JB98
06-05-2007, 07:02 PM

"Lose-lose" would be Crede going down for the year and Fields coming up and playing like ****.

Jerksticks
06-05-2007, 07:06 PM
I just hope it doesn't end up where we get nothing for the guy. It's not looking good (insert dark clouds, dorky guy).

But I'm all for Fields. I love me some Josh Fields. Tough break Joe.

ZombieRob
06-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Perhaps this is why the Sox prefer that he try to gut out the season and have it in the offseason, so that they have time to get a replacement ready, be it Fields or a FA.
True..And i may be in the minority ,but I agree with Crede on prolonging surgery.Back surgery,IMO is the last possible option.

HawkDJ
06-05-2007, 07:29 PM
:?:

Owens is the only guy in tonight's lineup who has seen time at Charlotte this year.

Er, yes, touche. I guess my point was with Logan, Bukvich, Day, Prinz, Gonzalez, Terrero and soon to be Fields perhaps all on the active roster, it feels like a bit more.

JorgeFabregas
06-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Josh Fields is not in the lineup today for Charlotte. The plot thickens.

MRM
06-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Crede's most likey going to need that surgery.

Some of you crack me up speculating on Crede having BACK surgery.

As someone with a very similar problem (though not a similar occupation) let me tell ya, it ain't fun. It's real easy to sit there and say "just do the damn surgery" when it's not YOUR back they are talking about.

For starters, the surgery is NOT a guarantee and the chances of something going wrong are higher than with most/many surgeries. The end result is not predictable with any real degree of certainty and the rehab afterward is extensive.

I grant you I'm not the 3B for the White Sox or anyone else, but, I can say I've gone as long as 2 years without so much as a twitch, while there have also been stretches of 2 months where I had to have treatment several times/wk. It's not unusual to be in so much pain that it's difficult to make it to the rest room one day, but feel perfectly fine the next.

The surgery to correct it permanently is not easy and could just as easily end his career as extend it...or might not change a thing.

This is not a decision the team, the doctors, his agent, or the FANS can make. I don't expect Joe will have the surgery until after his career is over, UNLESS it's the ONLY way to extend his career.

MRM
06-05-2007, 07:47 PM
No him and his doctor, Boras, thought all he needed in the offseason was rest and rehabilitation. The Sox practically begged him to get the surgery but he listened to Boras instead. If he would have had the surgery we wouldnt be talking about this right now.

True. We might be talking about why Josh Fields was hitting as poorly as the rest of the team and lamenting the fact that Crede had a dangerous surgery that ended his career.

Grzegorz
06-05-2007, 08:36 PM

There are no guarantees when it comes to back surgery. Joe Crede rolled the dice and lost. Now it is time to see what Josh Fields can do.

I'd love to see Joe come back strong to the Chicago White Sox. What ever happens to Joe in the future I wish him the best of luck.

DickAllen72
06-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Put Mackowiak at 3B, move Owens to LF and let Terrero start in CF.

Hitmen77
06-05-2007, 09:53 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070605&content_id=2007163&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Sounds like "a few days rest" for now for Crede:
If a few days of rest doesn't improve Crede's condition, though, Guillen might turn to a couple weeks of inactivity to get his third baseman closer to full strength.

...this article, however, is mostly about Podsednik's progress. Pods will start his rehab assignment with Charlotte tomorrow night.

sox1970
06-05-2007, 10:14 PM

Sounds like a pennant winner to me.

JB98
06-05-2007, 10:28 PM

God help us.

chisoxmike
06-05-2007, 11:53 PM
Sounds like a pennant winner to me.

:rolling:

DumpJerry
06-05-2007, 11:59 PM
This season is turning into everything the last two season weren't:
2005 and (espcially the first half) 2006 saw the fewest injury days or any MLB team, timely hitting, stop-you-dead-in-your-tracks pitching and great defense.

So far, the defense has not been bad this year.

Vernam
06-05-2007, 11:59 PM
With him becoming a free agent after 2008, I think the odds are good he's going to be advised by his agent to have it done this off season.I think you're right, and it's very unfortunate for us. We'll pay for him to recuperate in '08, then some other team will reap the benefits via free agency.

This is 20/20 hindsight, but Kenny should have traded Joe in the off season. His value was at its peak, whereas now we wouldn't get much for him. Of course, people screamed over the McCarthy deal, so I can only guess how they'd have reacted to Crede being traded. Phil Rogers would've called for a federal indictment. Now, all of a sudden getting Figgins and a decent reliever -- not even necessarily Shields -- would look pretty damn good.

When his back is right, Joe routinely makes spectacular plays and hits for power. When it's not right, he's a light-hitting 3B with an above-average glove. IOW, not a guy who should keep Fields down on the farm for much longer.

Vernam

WhiteSox5187
06-06-2007, 12:59 AM
I thought I heard on teh post game show that Crede was available to pinch hit tonight. I'm sure Joe is hurting and I have no knowledge of back injuries but from what I've read and seen (my mom has a really bad back) it sounds like it's just a matter of taking it one day at a time.

IndianWhiteSox
06-06-2007, 06:31 AM
And the scary thing Back surgery isn't a 100% fix all.

I mean it's not like back surgery is, the ultimate cure for back spasms or other back pain. He can still get infections and other complications from a possible back surgery as well. For we all know, he could be worse after back surgery. What Crede needs to do first and foremost, is get his back rehabbed and strengthened during an extend time on the DL, for more than two weeks. Yes I know there is only the 15 day DL and 60 day DL but you can leave someone on the 15 day DL for more than 15 days.

soxinem1
06-06-2007, 07:28 AM
If he's out for any length of time, our defense is going to suffer big time. No question. But boy, it's painful to watch Joe swing the bat right now. He is obviously not himself.

True, but he is not contribting anything with the bat. You never know, Fields might bring a needed spark.

Steelrod
06-06-2007, 07:41 AM
Foulke:

Lip
That's the same agent who with Crede, decided against team advice to have it operated on this year. Agents and insurance companies now make all medical decisions!

russ99
06-06-2007, 07:51 AM
That's too bad about Crede.

If he just had a cortisone shot last week and now he can't play, that's really bad. You can't just give him another one, I think you have to wait something like 6 weeks or so between shots.

This happened to Jeff Bagwell. He kept getting shots every 6 weeks until he couldn't play with the pain anymore. The only difference is there was no surgical procedure that could help Bagwell but surgery could likely help Joe. Back surgery is still a hit-or-miss proposition, and if they need to fuse the spine, he's done with baseball.

Hopefully Pods will be back soon, though it's looking like a 2-3 week rehab assignment so he can get his wheels back.

I think the Sox should give Fields a shot, but I can't see why Mackowiak can't play 3B when Podsednik comes back, it's his natural position.

Any word on Erstad's recovery yet?

UserNameBlank
06-06-2007, 08:02 AM
True, but he is not contribting anything with the bat. You never know, Fields might bring a needed spark.
As long as the Sox decided to stick with Fields through the ups and downs, I don't mind bringing him up. The only thing I don't want them to do is bring him up and then send him right back down as soon as he hits a bad slump.

With the way things are going right now, I'd almost rather see Toby and Crede put on the 60-day DL, get their surgeries, and hopefully be ready for 2008. Crede right now with his terrible numbers and back problems can't have much value in a trade, so maybe if he at least gets healthy he can pass a physical and we can get something for him in the offseason.

Madvora
06-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Everything points to the end of Joe Crede.

Surgery isn't a guaranteed fix
Without surgery this problem won't just go away
You have a good looking prospect at that same position
Crede's contract is up at the end of the yearI love Joe, but it doesn't really seem to make sense to keep him. The risk is looking bigger and bigger. If he stays then Fields might not have a place to go. You don't want to waste that, but if you trade him (Fields) then you better hope Crede holds up or we're really dead.

Martinigirl
06-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Crede's contract is up at the end of the year

His contract is up at the end of next year. He is eligible for arbitration at the end of this year.

soxfan13
06-06-2007, 08:50 AM
True. We might be talking about why Josh Fields was hitting as poorly as the rest of the team and lamenting the fact that Crede had a dangerous surgery that ended his career.

No we wouldnt. Maybe 20 years ago we might. This is a very common surgery these days with a very quick turn around.

esbrechtel
06-06-2007, 08:50 AM
IMO we cannot have a so-so fielding 3b with the pitching staff we have. Burls, Garland, and Danks are not strike out pitchers they are ground ball pitchers. jose can be a strike out pitcher from time to time but that forkball if not a strike out pitch usually results in a ground ball. Vazquez is the only pitcher on the staff that has Strikeout stuff. Sure I would love to see a power hitting 3B However, Defense is first a foremost for a team with our pitching staff.

The Immigrant
06-06-2007, 08:52 AM
He is eligible for arbitration at the end of this year.

This really should be added to the "Things Every WSI Poster Should Know" thread.

skobabe8
06-06-2007, 08:55 AM
IMO we cannot have a so-so fielding 3b with the pitching staff we have. Burls, Garland, and Danks are not strike out pitchers they are ground ball pitchers. jose can be a strike out pitcher from time to time but that forkball if not a strike out pitch usually results in a ground ball. Vazquez is the only pitcher on the staff that has Strikeout stuff. Sure I would love to see a power hitting 3B However, Defense is first a foremost for a team with our pitching staff.

So what is it you propose to do? Keep throwing Crede out there every day dispite his problems?

I completely agree with UseNameBlank. Do whatever it takes to get JC ready for '08. Same with Pods. Same with Hall. Play the kids and live with them no matter how they perform.

Madvora
06-06-2007, 08:57 AM
His contract is up at the end of next year. He is eligible for arbitration at the end of this year.
Whoops, I thought that was the case, but I checked that mlbcontracts blog and it only said something about a 1 year deal for 2007.
My mistake

champagne030
06-06-2007, 09:29 AM
I think you're right, and it's very unfortunate for us. We'll pay for him to recuperate in '08, then some other team will reap the benefits via free agency.

This is 20/20 hindsight, but Kenny should have traded Joe in the off season. His value was at its peak, whereas now we wouldn't get much for him. Of course, people screamed over the McCarthy deal, so I can only guess how they'd have reacted to Crede being traded. Phil Rogers would've called for a federal indictment. Now, all of a sudden getting Figgins and a decent reliever -- not even necessarily Shields -- would look pretty damn good.

When his back is right, Joe routinely makes spectacular plays and hits for power. When it's not right, he's a light-hitting 3B with an above-average glove. IOW, not a guy who should keep Fields down on the farm for much longer.

Vernam

FWIW - The type of surgery he was thinking of getting is only a 2 month recovery period. You walk in and walk out the same day of the procedure. Grandpa Alomar had the surgery, in season, as was catching two months later.

southside rocks
06-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Whoops, I thought that was the case, but I checked that mlbcontracts blog and it only said something about a 1 year deal for 2007.
My mistake

He has a one-year contract through '07, but he is not a free agent after '07. He is still under Sox control through 2008, and he is arbitration-eligible for the '08 contract.

After 2008, unless he signs an extension, he will have FA status and be able to sign with any club that agrees to terms with him.

That's my understanding; I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

southside rocks
06-06-2007, 09:34 AM
That's the same agent who with Crede, decided against team advice to have it operated on this year. Agents and insurance companies now make all medical decisions!

Who should make medical decisions for a player? The club? Ownership of players ended with the death of the reserve clause.

Crede made his decision after meeting with several doctors; yes, they were doctors recommended by his agent, but Crede did seek medical advice from both sides of the fence.

Last winter, as he was doing this, a big study came out in a medical journal, IIRC, that said that long-term studies showed that surgery and rehab programs both had the same success rate -- about 50% -- for back problems of this sort. That is, surgery is by no means an automatic fix.

And while the surgery is a less invasive procedure than it was 20 years ago, you are still getting your back cut on. A young, otherwise-healthy athlete might be reluctant to do that, and so might posters on this board if it were their decision to make.

Unfortunately, Joe's choice of the rehab program didn't fall within the 50% success rate group. Now it looks like he will pretty much have to try surgery. Tough luck for him, I'm sorry to see this. But it seems indisputable that he can't play with this condition.

soxtalker
06-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Press release (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20070606&content_id=2008972&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

Flight #24
06-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Well, here's to a tough decision in a couple weeks: Fields is hot, Crede's healthy, Pods & Erstad are ready to return.

Then a nice swap of Crede+Buehrle for ARod and away we go!

tyrath25
06-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Well, maybe Fields can bring some spark... I guess it could be worse, but I'm gonna miss Joe on that left corner. Hopefully everything works out for him and the sox.

ty

JorgeFabregas
06-06-2007, 01:35 PM
He should lead off. Maybe. I wish I was kidding.

jenn2080
06-06-2007, 01:38 PM
I say put the whole entire Sox team on the DL and bring up all the Charlotte Knights. It cannot get any worse.

WizardsofOzzie
06-06-2007, 01:40 PM
I say put the whole entire Sox team on the DL and bring up all the Charlotte Knights. It cannot get any worse.
You mean we aren't already at that point? :(:

oeo
06-06-2007, 01:40 PM
Well, here's to a tough decision in a couple weeks: Fields is hot, Crede's healthy, Pods & Erstad are ready to return.

It's a situation I'd love for them to be in.

MrX
06-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Some dumbass called into the score today and said they should trade Buehrle and Fields for Chone Figgins.

WizardsofOzzie
06-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Some dumbass called into the score today and said they should trade Buehrle and Fields for Chone Figgins.
Was it this guy? (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1428076&postcount=49)

Chicken Dinner
06-06-2007, 01:52 PM
This has been a long spring training.

VenturaFan23
06-06-2007, 01:52 PM

Makes sense

MrX
06-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Was it this guy? (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1428076&postcount=49)
I don't think so, he started out questioning why the Sox were bringing up Josh Fields because, according to him, they had done it so many times before and Fields was going to run out of minor league options. The guy was just a moron.

Lip Man 1
06-06-2007, 01:55 PM
I am a little surprised that Ozzie would keep playing Joe during the stretch of games on turf but that's neither here nor there.

I read today where the Sox 'top' lineup has only played together for five games this season due to the constant injury and personal issues that has been coming up.

This is like 1973 all over again.

Lip

06-06-2007, 02:15 PM
It is time to see if all of these young players can play.

Meanwhile Anderson is roaming the outfields in Charlotte.:tongue:

oeo
06-06-2007, 02:19 PM

Actually, no. Yesterday in Reifert's blog, it said that Pods would have to play outfield because Anderson is DH'ing due to a 'sore arm.'

SBSoxFan
06-06-2007, 02:19 PM

Actually he's "roaming" the DH right now.

PatK
06-06-2007, 02:20 PM

Crede hasn't exactly been stellar this year with his glove. If his back is no good, he's not doing us any favors.

I'd rather take a chance on a healthy Fields than an unhealty Joe at this point.

thedudeabides
06-06-2007, 02:22 PM

Anderson and Sweeney have been banded up, as well. We can't even keep our Charlotte team healthy.

06-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Anderson and Sweeney have been banded up, as well. We can't even keep our Charlotte team healthy.

I bet it is a cover up for him stealing small children from the outfield.

RowanDye
06-06-2007, 02:31 PM
I bet it is a cover up for him stealing small children from the outfield.

How can he be stealing children when he's too hung over and lazy to even shag a fly ball?

Hitmen77
06-06-2007, 03:25 PM
I am a little surprised that Ozzie would keep playing Joe during the stretch of games on turf but that's neither here nor there.

I read today where the Sox 'top' lineup has only played together for five games this season due to the constant injury and personal issues that has been coming up.

This is like 1973 all over again.

Lip

Players with DL or bereavment list time:

Pods
Erstad
Thome
Crede
Uribe
Cintron
Hall

Plus, Konerko missed a few game because of a death in the family and I thought I heard that Iguchi has been battling a nagging injury since near the beginning of the season.

So far, no injuries for pitchers. The bullpen just melted down.:(:

JB98
06-06-2007, 04:12 PM

Pods
Erstad
Thome
Crede
Uribe
Cintron
Hall

Plus, Konerko missed a few game because of a death in the family and I thought I heard that Iguchi has been battling a nagging injury since near the beginning of the season.

So far, no injuries for pitchers. The bullpen just melted down.:(:

Of our projected starting nine, three are currently on the disabled list. Five others are performing below their career norms. The ninth guy (Thome) missed almost a month with an injury earlier this season.

Isn't it grand?

Tragg
06-06-2007, 05:06 PM
IMO we cannot have a so-so fielding 3b with the pitching staff we have.
I agree, but it's not like we have a choice right now.

JB98
06-06-2007, 05:09 PM
I agree, but it's not like we have a choice right now.

Prediction: Fields will play a better 3B than Cintron or Ozuna.

Yeah, I know I'm out on the limb there.

KyWhiSoxFan
06-06-2007, 06:07 PM
I think Fields will do fine defensively. He made some nice plays last year in limited action. He's a lot better than Cintron at third, that's for sure. Fields should play every day until Crede comes back (if he does) this year.

kevingrt
06-06-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm not gonna lie I kind of want to get a Josh Fields jersey right now. :rolleyes:

Seriously though I do. But then he will end up being Joe Borchard or something.

thomas35forever
06-06-2007, 11:00 PM
I know Crede hasn't been at full stride this year, but my dad thinks the Sox are done without him because of his clutch performances. I'm staying positive though. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. The only thing I know is that it sucks that Crede might be done for the year.

Lip Man 1
06-06-2007, 11:42 PM
Story tonight by Mark Gonzales. Crede saw a specialist in Chicago today and will be seeing two more in the next few days.

Surgery is now a real possibility which the story says would end his season.

Lip

Martinigirl
06-06-2007, 11:46 PM
Story tonight by Mark Gonzales. Crede saw a specialist in Chicago today and will be seeing two more in the next few days.

Surgery is now a real possibility which the story says would end his season.

Lip

That just made a bad baseball night even worse.

DSpivack
06-07-2007, 01:48 AM
I'm not gonna lie I kind of want to get a Josh Fields jersey right now. :rolleyes:

Seriously though I do. But then he will end up being Joe Borchard or something.

They both were college QB's!!

Grzegorz
06-07-2007, 04:35 AM
That just made a bad baseball night even worse.

Joe Crede has no ability to help the Chicago White Sox unless he is healthy.

With a bad back we've seen his offense tank. With a bad back his defense is sure to suffer.

Get well soon Joe, we need you back.

Hitmen77
06-07-2007, 07:59 AM
Of our projected starting nine, three are currently on the disabled list. Five others are performing below their career norms. The ninth guy (Thome) missed almost a month with an injury earlier this season.

Isn't it grand?

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Df10eyWPcrktsM:http://www.celebritypuke.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/mrburns3.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.celebritypuke.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/mrburns3.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.celebritypuke.com/celebrity/larry-king/&h=541&w=300&sz=22&hl=en&start=5&tbnid=Df10eyWPcrktsM:&tbnh=132&tbnw=73&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmr.%2Bburns%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D10%26 hl%3Den)
``Unless, of course, my nine all-stars fall victim to nine separate
misfortunes and are unable to play tomorrow. But that will never happen.
Three misfortunes, that's possible. Seven misfortunates, there's an
outside chance. But nine misfortunes? I'd like to see that!''

Hitmen77
06-07-2007, 09:28 AM

Pods
Erstad
Thome
Crede
Uribe
Cintron
Hall

So far, no injuries for pitchers. The bullpen just melted down.

...i forgot Ozuna. :(:

soxinem1
06-13-2007, 08:27 PM

I agree with you about every one except Danks. He is flyball city and he does manage to get a good amount of K's.

He needs an OF on their toes.