PDA

View Full Version : AJ on Nashville Radio

bluestar
06-05-2007, 12:09 PM
I don't know if there is any interest here in this kind of thing, but I thought I would pass it along.

AJ did a telephone interview with the "Morning Zone" team on 104.5 The Zone in Nashville this morning. He talked about how much he loves playing for the Sox. He said he was "tight" with Ozzie, and he thinks Ozzie and KW are some of the best management people he has worked with in his career.

All in all, it was a pretty standard interview. Mark Howard, one of the interviewers, said he thought the Sox had "lost some relevancy" since winning the WS, and AJ disagreed. He said the Sox definitely had gone through some rough times the last couple of years, but he was confident they were going to get it together. He also said the rest of the AL Central, including KC, were so good that it makes it tough for even a really good team to contend.

The Zone guys brought up the Zambrano-Barrett incident, since AJ had the run in with Barrett last year. AJ joked and said that maybe Zambrano was "sticking up for me since we did a McDonald's commercial together earlier this year."

Howard said something about Chicago "traditionally being a Cubs' town," and AJ interrupted and said, "Not anymore!" Howard agreed that the Sox seem to have a bigger fan base now, and AJ attributed it to "borderline Cubs fans that came over to the Sox after we had success."

The funniest part of the interview was when AJ and Frank Wycheck (former Titans Wide Receiver) talked about professional wrestling (Wycheck is a big fan of professional wrestling, too). AJ challenged Wycheck to a wrestling match after the baseball season. Wycheck agreed, and started giving AJ a hard time. AJ responded with, "Hey, at least I've got a ring. What do you have other than an illegal forward lateral pass play?" (For anyone that doesn't know, AJ was referring to the so-called "Music City Miracle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_City_Miracle)" play Wycheck was instrumental in pulling off against the Bills in the 2000 playoffs.)

AJ went on to say he enjoys being the "bad guy" when it comes to pro wrestling, but it "gets a little tiring" in baseball.

DumpJerry
06-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Isn't that station on the White Sox radio network? I recall reading somewhere that a Nashville station was recently added.

Thanks for the lowdown. It sounds like AJ being AJ.:cool:

bluestar
06-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Isn't that station on the White Sox radio network? I recall reading somewhere that a Nashville station was recently added.

Thanks for the lowdown. It sounds like AJ being AJ.:cool:

I am not aware of any Nashville stations on the White Sox radio network. I would love it if there was one, of course. I know The Zone is not a member.