PDA

View Full Version : Parking Question

twentywontowin
06-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Question, last year I remember for some of the 12:05 Saturday games, I was able to park at 9am in Lot G.

This year, do all the cash lots open three hours before the game on weekends? I haven't gone to a weekend game yet this year and would like to plan my tailgate accordingly.

Thank you.

WestSider
06-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Lot G is still a cash lot, it also takes parking coupons, I believe. Officially, it opens 2 hours before game time but because it is the lot where many ballpark workers park (vendors, etc.), it is opened before 2 hrs prior to the game. 3 hours sounds about right.

I park there all the time, many times arriving about 1.5-2 hours before the game and there are always cars and tailgaters already there.

SoxFan78
06-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Question, last year I remember for some of the 12:05 Saturday games, I was able to park at 9am in Lot G.

This year, do all the cash lots open three hours before the game on weekends? I haven't gone to a weekend game yet this year and would like to plan my tailgate accordingly.

Thank you.

I wish the Sox would just have one set of rules for parking, because I think it changes all the time. I am a green parking pass weekend holder. Usually I would get to lot E 3 hours before gametime and it would be no problem to use my pass there. They would take green passes and also cash.

But on May 26th, it looked like the parking police were only letting employees park in Lot E (even though there were already were some tailgaters in there) and they made us go to Lot F.

Also, for the second game of the year we got there three hours before hand again. Tried getting into Lot E, they said that we couldnt go in there. So we had to wait on 37th cause they were not letting anybody in either Lot E or F. Then about 15 minutes later after a long line was forming they let people go into lot E.

Unfortunatley it depends on how they are feeling on any particular day.

mcg
06-05-2007, 05:03 PM
I haven't done it this season yet but in the last couple season I've gotten into Lot G at 9am for a 1:05 Sunday game. The lot is open for vendors and there is an attendant there to take cash. I've also gotten in Lot G early with a parking pass for Lot F since F wasn't open yet.