PDA

View Full Version : wacthing Sox Games is like movie "Groundhog Day" lately..

tony1972
06-04-2007, 01:10 PM
Is it just me..or when you watch a Sox game now..it seems like a replay of the game the day before (and the one before that..etc)..

I'll tune in in the 2nd and 3rd inning and they put up a quick 3 or 4 runs and are leading...then after the 3rd..they decide to stop hitting..

And in at least one inning after that..there's that guy on 3rd with less than two outs that doesn't score to extend the lead.

Our starters always seem to have a lead of a few runs in the 7th. The first batter's retired..but the next gets on with a fluke hit..an error..a walk on 4 pitches, etc...the camera shows MacDougal or Aardsma warming in the bullpen..I'm thinking..okay 3 to 1 for maybe 2 more minutes..

Then MacDougal cannot throw any strikes and loads the bases..then he decides to throw on RIGHT OVER THE PLATE and the Sox are now trailing..

So the 8th starts and we're down by 1 or 2...but by the end of the 8th it's a five or six run deficit.

Quickly, in the 9th..the Sox go 1..2..3...

It seems every game the past 3 weeks has this same pattern...the Sox are almost always LEADING until the 6th and TRAILING after the 7th...

It just seems like that movie Groundhog Day..every game is almost a duplicate of the previous one...

veeter
06-04-2007, 01:14 PM
You're exactly right. Watching the White Sox exclusively, you have to wonder if other teams drive their fans just as crazy. The Sox usually play 5 or 6, "kick you in the gut, stupid, I don't care if they trade the whole team", games all year. In 2007 they're doing it 2 or 3 times a week. So any change comes as welcome to me.

Foulke You
06-04-2007, 01:46 PM
You are exactly right. The losses have all been very similar. Quick 3 runs, solid Sox starting pitching, offense takes a nap in the final 6 innings and gets dazzled by all opposing bullpen pitchers regardless of E.R.A., Sox bullpen hands lead over, Sox lose. A recipe to drive Sox fans mad. I haven't been this frustrated watching a Sox team since the collapse in mid September of 2003.

puckereduppiet
06-04-2007, 02:22 PM
well said

HotelWhiteSox
06-04-2007, 02:29 PM
What are you talking about? They won yesterday

IlliniSox4Life
06-05-2007, 02:26 AM
The difference in this game was Thome's HR. My dad got back from a 10 day vacation today where he had pretty much no access to Sox info, and I was giving him the lowdown on how we've been playing. My summary was pretty much "On average, by the third or fourth innning we'll be leading 3-1, and everything will be going good until the bullpen comes in and they'll give up 3 runs so we lose it 4-3." Today with Thome and PKs HR they gave us a few more runs so we could hold onto it.