PDA

View Full Version : Wild Idea...

hose
06-03-2007, 03:24 PM
I don't think the Sox pen would give up any hits but they would walk and wild pitch their way to losing.

skobabe8
06-03-2007, 03:26 PM
I don't think the Sox pen would give up any hits but they would walk and wild pitch their way to losing.

You just completely blew my mind with that scenario my friend.

IndianWhiteSox
06-03-2007, 03:29 PM

I don't know, at this rate, the hitters would chase all those ****ing wild pitches and bad pitches.

cleanwsox
06-03-2007, 03:41 PM

:o: Just thinking about that scenario makes me want to :puking:

spiffie
06-03-2007, 03:42 PM
It would be like crossing the streams.

TheOldRoman
06-03-2007, 04:08 PM
I don't know, at this rate, the hitters would chase all those ****ing wild pitches and bad pitches.
We have a winner. I actually think MacDougal could throw a perfect game against our hitters. First and second pitches would be swining strikes in the dirt, and on the third pitch they would all watch a BP fastball sail across the plate while the bat stayed on their shoulders.

But I agree this question blows my mind. It is like the "da Bears vs. da Bulls" question. International laws should be made to assure such a clash never happens.

UserNameBlank
06-03-2007, 04:16 PM
This thread is awesome.

I pick Jerry Owens, **** everyone else. He'd reach on a walk, steal 2nd, advance to 3rd on a throwing error, and score off a WP. Sox hitters win 1-0.

munchman33
06-03-2007, 04:50 PM
It would be like crossing the streams.

http://www.movieparrot.com/img/actors/bill-murray.jpg
"I thought you said crossing the streams was bad?"

MDF3530
06-03-2007, 04:51 PM
To use a gambling term, I think it'd be a push.

ChiSoxIn06
06-03-2007, 07:05 PM
the universe would collapse on itself ending our existence as we know it

Frater Perdurabo
06-03-2007, 07:40 PM
http://www.movieparrot.com/img/actors/bill-murray.jpg
"I thought you said crossing the streams was bad?"

Try to imagine all life as you know it coming to an end and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Right. Don't cross the streams. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egan.

Scottiehaswheels
06-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Why not have our bullpen throw live BP to our batters? I mean we can't seem to hit relievers for the life of us. Could be a win either way... Our pitchers get our guys out which would build their confidence, or our batters get back to learning how to tee off on relievers..... Not sure I should teal this or not?

BeeBeeRichard
06-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Will our hitters get credit for taking four-pitch walks in BP?

BeeBeeRichard
06-03-2007, 08:51 PM
the universe would collapse on itself ending our existence as we know it

Damn if that happened a year ago at this time we'd have been World Champs forever.

IlliniSox4Life
06-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Why not have our bullpen throw live BP to our batters? I mean we can't seem to hit relievers for the life of us. Could be a win either way... Our pitchers get our guys out which would build their confidence, or our batters get back to learning how to tee off on relievers..... Not sure I should teal this or not?

After somebody asking the question in the gamethread what would happen if our hitters faced our bullpen, I proposed this very thought.

Rockinsox05
06-03-2007, 08:54 PM

The ole irresistable force meets the immovable object theory. You might be onto something

IlliniSox4Life
06-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Will our hitters get credit for taking four-pitch walks in BP?

:lol::lol::lol:

Four...pitch....

:kneeslap::kneeslap::kneeslap:

walks....

:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

Our....hitters?

Quick, somebody sign this guy to a comedy show.

HotelWhiteSox
06-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Maybe we should try Piniella's idea years ago about starting the game with his relievers, get the damage out of the way early

DSpivack
06-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Maybe we should try Piniella's idea years ago about starting the game with his relievers, get the damage out of the way early

Didn't TLR experiment with a 3-3-3 (3 pitcher each, 3 innings each) setup 10-15 years ago?

DumpJerry
06-03-2007, 09:50 PM
I'm getting worried we're going to see Mariano in the 1st Inning of each game this week.......

Boondock Saint
06-03-2007, 10:15 PM
I know that this thread is supposed to be taken with a grain of teal, but if this happened, I'm confident that the only thing that would come of it is that either our hitters or our pen would only become more disheartened. Either the bullpen would fail to get anyone out, or our hitters would strike/pop out helplessly.

the gooch
06-04-2007, 11:41 AM
http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/u/8/homerhead.jpg
"could jesus heat up a burrito so hot even he couldn't eat it?"