PDA

View Full Version : First WCSF Luncheon Friday with Ozzie Guillen

TornLabrum
06-03-2007, 03:27 PM
The Windy City Sox Fans will be having their first "Windy City Lunch Bunch" luncheon this Friday, June 8 at the Polo Cafe, 3322 S. Morgan in Bridgeport from 11:30-1:30. Our guest will be Sox manager Ozzie Guillen. Although not confirmed, Chris Rongey has said that he's pretty sure he will be free to act as emcee. (Guests are subject to change without notice.)

The luncheon consists of an autograph session, buffet lunch (great food!), and a Q&A session with Ozzie. The price is $35.00 for members, $45.00 for non-members (you can join at the door and get in for the member rate), and $25.00 for kids 10 and under.

Proceeds benefit Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities and are earmarked for Children's Memorial Hospital. Windy City Sox Fans is a 501 (c) (3) corporation. A portion of your cost is tax deductable.

For further information and reservations, phone the WCSF info. line at (708) 424-8520. Admission is by reservation only.

ewokpelts
06-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Now that I work nights, I might be able to make this!

PaleHoseGeorge
06-03-2007, 10:32 PM
Presumably ondafarm won't be attending?

:wink:

hi im skot
06-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Hal--

I left a message on Monday about making reservations but haven't heard anything back. Any ideas? Is there a "good" time to call back?

Thanks!

TornLabrum
06-07-2007, 11:31 PM
If you left a message to make the reservation, you're on the list. No need to call back.

BainesHOF
06-08-2007, 07:02 PM
It was my first time attending a luncheon and I'm glad I finally went to one. Everyone was friendly, the food was terrific and Ozzie was great with autographs and the Q&A session. He spoke for at least a half hour and was funny and engaging.

Kudos to The Windy City Sox Fans for running a nice event. (It was a nice rebound for me after going to the Brookfield Zoo Sox signing earlier in the morning only to have Jenks be a no-show.)

Ozzie and Rongey are classy for attending the luncheon.

TornLabrum
06-08-2007, 09:02 PM
It was my first time attending a luncheon and I'm glad I finally went to one. Everyone was friendly, the food was terrific and Ozzie was great with autographs and the Q&A session. He spoke for at least a half hour and was funny and engaging.

Kudos to The Windy City Sox Fans for running a nice event. (It was a nice rebound for me after going to the Brookfield Zoo Sox signing earlier in the morning only to have Jenks be a no-show.)

Ozzie and Rongey are classy for attending the luncheon.

You should have introduced yourself to me at the door! I remember your talking about Jenks being a no-show. I was the one who took your money. We've been doing these luncheons since 1995, and I think they may be one of the best kept secrets in Chicago...and we'd rather have it widely known.

Probably I should mention that Scott Reifert was there and has extensive quotes from Ozzie's Q&A session on tonight's blog: http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/.

Next luncheon is July 27. You really should try to make it if only for the food and the chance to mingle with other Sox fans.
n

Brian26
06-08-2007, 09:27 PM
(It was a nice rebound for me after going to the Brookfield Zoo Sox signing earlier in the morning only to have Jenks be a no-show.)

That's a bummer. Was Logan by himself, or did anyone replace Jenks?

salty99
06-09-2007, 01:28 AM
That's a bummer. Was Logan by himself, or did anyone replace Jenks?

Masset replaced him. I agree the Luncheon was alot of fun even if I didn't win any raffle prizes. It was really hard to hear how much pain/discomfort Joe Crede is really in.

TornLabrum
06-09-2007, 07:50 AM
Masset replaced him. I agree the Luncheon was alot of fun even if I didn't win any raffle prizes. It was really hard to hear how much pain/discomfort Joe Crede is really in.

...and has been in. The boy need surgery.

hi im skot
06-09-2007, 11:15 AM
It was my first time attending a luncheon (I was in the Melton jersey), and after the fun I had, it certainly won't be my last. The food was great, the people were excellent, Ozzie was very engaging, and Rongey is just as hilarious in person as he is on the radio.

I echo BainesHOF's sentiments on the kudos for Windy City Sox Fans and their hard work!

ewokpelts
06-10-2007, 08:44 AM
...and has been in. The boy needs surgery.it's not like the sox are forcing him to play hurt.....that decision was all his and boras'

TornLabrum
06-10-2007, 08:52 AM
it's not like the sox are forcing him to play hurt.....that decision was all his and boras'

Where exactly did I imply anything about who is responsible??????

Brian26
06-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Where exactly did I imply anything about who is responsible??????

You didn't. Nobody did. Salty implied a bit if sympathy by saying "it was hard to hear about Crede's pain," so maybe that's what Ewok misread.

Ragator43
06-10-2007, 10:09 AM
What can I do or who can I call to sign up for the luncheon on the 27th?

Frontman
06-10-2007, 10:16 AM

I wasn't able to attend the luncheon, but listening to White Sox Weekly and the Ranger's interview with Kenny; that just ripped me to shreds.

When KW is talking "I'm not worried about Joe the player. I'm worried about Joe the man and family man. I want him to have a good life, years from now; be able to play with his kids and grandkids without horrible pain." I immediately went from "I hope Joe can make it back this season, we need him" to "I hope Joe opts for the surgery and standings mean nothing now." To me, for him to come back for a longshot at helping us this season get to the playoffs? That championship would mean a bit less to me if it meant Joe Crede in his 40's needs to be in a wheelchair.

Every person of that 2005 squad will be always special to Sox fans. I hope and pray that Joe one day is playing the hot corner again on the Southside, but I know I'm not the only person who thinks its more important for Joe to have a good quality of life; not for the Sox to have a good 3rd Baseman.

TornLabrum
06-10-2007, 12:00 PM
What can I do or who can I call to sign up for the luncheon on the 27th?

WCSF members get a $10.00 break for each luncheon. Members pay $35.00, non-members $45.00. Membership is payable to Windy City Sox Fans. Send check or money order to:

Windy City Sox Fans,
9923 S. Ridgeland Ave.
Chicago Ridge, IL 60415

If you prefer to just attend the luncheon, you can make a reservation by calling (815) 424-8520.

We usually find out a week or two before the luncheons what player(s) the Sox will be sending.

SoxandtheCityTee
06-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Couldn't attend becausue of work committments June 8th but will plan ahead for July 27th. These luncheons are always great.

BoysMom3
06-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Thanks for sharing everyone - that sounds like a great time. I'll have to look into the next one.

Ragator43
06-10-2007, 10:12 PM
WCSF members get a $10.00 break for each luncheon. Members pay $35.00, non-members $45.00. Membership is payable to Windy City Sox Fans. Send check or money order to:

Windy City Sox Fans,
9923 S. Ridgeland Ave.
Chicago Ridge, IL 60415

If you prefer to just attend the luncheon, you can make a reservation by calling (815) 424-8520.

We usually find out a week or two before the luncheons what player(s) the Sox will be sending.

What amount do I write the check for for the membership?