PDA

View Full Version : The streak ends at 61

bryPt
06-03-2007, 04:08 PM
AJ with a double. 61 batters in a row ended. THANK YOU!

sox1970
06-03-2007, 04:22 PM

kittle42
06-03-2007, 04:38 PM
Do you guys realize that's 2 no-hitters plus another 2.2 of no-hit ball?

That has to be an MLB record.

sox1970
06-03-2007, 04:42 PM

Yes and Yes.

ilsox7
06-03-2007, 04:43 PM
AJ with a double. 61 batters in a row ended. THANK YOU!

Technically it wasn't 61 (or 62) batters in a row. But it still sucks the big one.

JB98
06-03-2007, 05:06 PM
Embarrassing. Just embarrassing. Only one hit on the entire road trip against relief pitching. And we had two games where had the starter out in the fourth. I'm embarrassed to be a Sox fan today. Are the players embarrassed yet?

ilsox7
06-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Embarrassing. Just embarrassing. Only one hit on the entire road trip against relief pitching. And we had two games where had the starter out in the fourth. I'm embarrassed to be a Sox fan today. Are the players embarrassed yet?

We shouldn't be embarrassed to be fans. The players, on the other hand, should be downright shameful. They're gonna get an earful tomorrow

Frontman
06-03-2007, 05:55 PM

I'm never ashamed to be a fan. I might be ashamed of the team's performance, but myself ashamed for being a Sox fan? Never.

Now, I hope we see some moves to get the 'pen fixed, and tell our guys that the bullpen pitchers on the other team are supposed to be the weaker pitchers they face.

TDog
06-03-2007, 06:29 PM

The Elias crew might be combing over box scores to make it a record. It's too arbitrary to be be something baseball would keep track of, the way they keep track of other things.

The Sox did get walks during that stretch, so it wasn't a matter of consecutive batters retired. It isn't even a matter of hitless innings, because there were occasions where the starter was yanked mid-inning.

I don't know what the last hit was, but I recall AJ got the home run to greet Cotts a few weekends ago. How bad must Cotts feel (in Iowa) to be a reliever who couldn't get a White Sox hitter out?

Hitmen77
06-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Technically it wasn't 61 (or 62) batters in a row. But it still sucks the big one.

How do you mean? It was that many batters in a row against relief pitching without a hit, wasn't it.

That is extremely pathetic.

ilsox7
06-03-2007, 09:38 PM
How do you mean? It was that many batters in a row against relief pitching without a hit, wasn't it.

That is extremely pathetic.

There were walks mixed in. So 61 or 62 Sox did not get out in a row. Rather, they went hitless over that many ABs. It was a technicality point, that's all. Pathetic any way you look at it.