PDA

View Full Version : Most likely Sox player to get traded if Sox keep losing

letsgosox1592
06-03-2007, 12:12 AM
who do you think?

letsgosox1592
06-03-2007, 12:14 AM
i dont know if i posted this in the right category or what and if its wrong i apologize

JB98
06-03-2007, 12:40 AM
Dye is as good as gone if we keep losing.

gosiu
06-03-2007, 01:06 AM
Dye. We have a decent about of depth in the event we don't land a free agent. I'm not sure about the other 2nd baseman in the system. ANd I'd like to think Buehrle will be retained.

munchman33
06-03-2007, 01:17 AM
Buehrle has the most value. And he's not going to be resigned if this team doesn't stay in the race.

Brian26
06-03-2007, 01:38 AM
MacDougal

CWSpalehoseCWS
06-03-2007, 02:03 AM
I'd have to say Crede. Fields is as good as ready. They won't trade Buehrle since they will probably offer him a deal (not as good as the others though).

letsgosox1592
06-03-2007, 07:57 AM
I'd have to say Crede. Fields is as good as ready. They won't trade Buehrle since they will probably offer him a deal (not as good as the others though).

isnt gio gonzalez suppose to ready for the majors next year and i dont think the sox would carry 3 lefty starters....i would love the sox to resign buehrle but i just dont see it happening...he is st louis bound.

eastchicagosoxfan
06-03-2007, 09:16 AM
I could see all of them gone. If the organization believes Fields is ready, Crede will be moved. If Sweeney, Owens or Anderson ( I don't see BA back with the team ) are ready, Dye is gone. Gooch can be moved so long as his move is in conjunction with another to bring in a second sacker. I would like to see Buerhle stay with the Sox, but if the team believes in either Gonzalez or Massett, Buerhle would bring a ton in a trade. I think the team would consider trading Jim Thome too. He's a great ballplayer, a great person, but he lacks versatility, and has no speed.
If the Sox are committed to Guillen, any moves have to deliver the types of players that will play his style of ball. He wants speed and versatility from position players. From the pen, he needs guys he depend on, but then who doesn't.
I can see a series of moves. Dye or Crede is moved for pen help, or starting pitching prospects, or an everyday outfielder that has speed and a top notch second base prospect, or a combination of any. Gooch is moved , for prospects? Buerhle would be the last to go.
If the Sox believe they have MLB ready replacements, they are in the driver's seat. The starting pitching has been decent. The pen was good, but now has imploded ( to quote Hawk ), and the hitting has been terrible. Maybe a move of Dye and Crede can get the team back on track. Pitching and defense remain the keys to a great season.

DumpJerry
06-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Ozzie. That way he won't get fired.

Garland_IS_God
06-03-2007, 12:11 PM
This is my personal opinion but I think that if we lose the series to the Yankees this coming week, I would not be surprised if Dye and Crede are moved to San Francisco soon.

letsgosox1592
06-03-2007, 01:29 PM
This is my personal opinion but I think that if we lose the series to the Yankees this coming week, I would not be surprised if Dye and Crede are moved to San Francisco soon.

why is everyone keep on saying that dye and crede are going to san fran? what do they have to return toi the sox? give me that tim lincecum and matt cain and maybe

munchman33
06-03-2007, 01:34 PM
why is everyone keep on saying that dye and crede are going to san fran? what do they have to return toi the sox? give me that tim lincecum and matt cain and maybe

Lincecum couldn't be had for the entire White Sox major league roster. I absolutely hate when people overvalue our players.

Try to understand. Young stud pitchers are the GOLD STANDARD when it comes to trade value. Followed by proven veteran starting pitchers and then top pitching prospects.

After that, you have stud young position players, followed by cheap good position players.

After all that, you have good veteran position players nearing free agency. After all that. All the way down there. Miles and miles away.

gosiu
06-03-2007, 01:36 PM
I absolutely hate when people overvalue our players.
Well that's all Kenny does. He overvaules his players in hopes of getting the best deals. See McCarthy.

letsgosox1592
06-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Well that's all Kenny does. He overvaules his players in hopes of getting the best deals. See McCarthy.

and look how well that turned out for the sox. a great young lefty and a right who could turn out to be a pretty quality starter

munchman33
06-03-2007, 01:39 PM

No. McCarthy was a young, mlb ready pitcher with a very high upside. Highest trade value of all. Spun him for two stud prospects. Your example proves MY point.

letsgosox1592
06-03-2007, 01:42 PM
No. McCarthy was a young, mlb ready pitcher with a very high upside. Highest trade value of all. Spun him for two stud prospects. Your example proves MY point.

yes but u could also say that JD, Crede, and buehrle are in their prime and overvalue them. u never undervalue ur players...u always try to get as much as possible

munchman33
06-03-2007, 01:59 PM
yes but u could also say that JD, Crede, and buehrle are in their prime and overvalue them. u never undervalue ur players...u always try to get as much as possible

No you can't. Because they're free agents to be. Texas owns McCarthy's rights for a while.

Look at Kenny's trades from last offseason. He got very little for Garcia, who was a proven workhorse and winner. And got a ton for McCarthy.

CWSpalehoseCWS
06-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Someone not mentioned yet, that I've always felt would be traded sooner or later is Garland. Look at how close he was to being traded in the offseason. I know he's not a FA, but that doesn't mean he won't be moved.

MDF3530
06-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Dye.

letsgosox1592
06-03-2007, 07:17 PM
i just want to some how have sweeney being in the majors...he is going to be a stud.

Sargeant79
06-03-2007, 07:34 PM
I would love to see Buehrle re-signed, and I'm not convinced that it won't happen either. Even if the rest of the season is in the tank, he's relatively young and would be a good core piece to the rotation for years to come...at the right price, of course. A lot depends on their timetables and projections for Gio, Masset, Russel, Broadway, etc. But if he is not in the long term plans, he would probably bring the most talent at the trade deadline.

If he is moved, there is also very little chance he will be in St. Louis next year, as an earlier poster suggested. Buehrle has been on record as saying that he thinks playing for a hometown team is very difficult and while doing it at the end of his career might be nice, it really isn't something he is looking forward too. Not to mention the fact that the Cardinals will likely not meet his price tag should he hit the open market. The Angels or one of the New York teams would be a much more likely destination.

Crede probably won't bring as much in return as he would have last offseason unless he gets hot in the next month or two. Dye is exactly the type of veteran slugger that a team in contention would look to acquire. While San Francisco might be the type of team that would overpay a bit for one or both of Dye and Crede, those who think we'd be getting either one of Cain or Lincecum in any deal are delusional.

Thome is not going anywhere. He is an ideal left-handed DH and he is relatively cheap for the next year and a half until his contract is up because of Philadelphia still picking up a good chunk of salary.

Also, there is a very good chance none of these guys will go anywhere. Dye and Buehrle would be Type A free agents; if KW doesn't get blown away by an offer, he would be wise to let them play out the year and take the draft picks after letting them walk.

Boondock Saint
06-03-2007, 10:49 PM
As much as I hate the thought of letting ANY of our guys go, I'd have to say that Dye is the most likely to go. Sweeney is pretty well ready to step in at RF, and JD is the oldest player on that list. KW's M.O. seems to be getting younger, and trading Dye would accomplish that.

letsgosox1592
06-03-2007, 10:50 PM
Also, there is a very good chance none of these guys will go anywhere. Dye and Buehrle would be Type A free agents; if KW doesn't get blown away by an offer, he would be wise to let them play out the year and take the draft picks after letting them walk.

draft picks would just mean that the sox would have to develop more players....if they traded dye they could probably get at least 2 prospects and they would only get one pick. i would rather trade than let them walk.

Sargeant79
06-04-2007, 12:03 AM
draft picks would just mean that the sox would have to develop more players....if they traded dye they could probably get at least 2 prospects and they would only get one pick. i would rather trade than let them walk.

It depends on who they would get. I wouldn't be opposed to trading any of them if the price is right and we're out of it at the deadline, but they have to be the right players. The trading price for guys in their walk-years about to get huge deals has plummeted in the last couple years. I'm not entirely sure 2-3 months of JD would get you two really good prospects anymore.

Also, I may be incorrect with this...but don't you get the other team's first rounder and a supplemental pick in between the first and second rounds with Type A free agents?

Beautox
06-04-2007, 01:13 AM

I don't forsee dye going to the Giants, but crede definatly

I would gladly take the following off their hands for joe crede.

either of their up and coming 2B Frandsen or Sanders.

Frandsen is a slap hitting 2B with decent speed who doesn't strike out much but also doesn't walk much his OBP is reliant on putting the ball in play.

Sanders is a bit further away hes currently at the giants single A affiliate Augusta, and was hampered all last season with shoulder a injury, he could move very quickly and possibly taste AAA by seasons end seeing how Frandsen is with the big club he should move quickly. He hasn't show much in the power department but he does have very good speed(3triples 13SB/1CS) and a great eye(20SO/19BB).

Aside from both of them i wouldn't mind Jonathan Sanchez (http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=456043) another project lefty with great stuff. Recently sent down to AAA Fresno. He has had alot of sucess at the milb level and good control, it just hasn't translated at the show yet.

Why not see what Cooper can do with Sanchez. So far he's been able to make Logan look respectable and Thornton look great, The book is still out on Sisco.

UserNameBlank
06-04-2007, 02:32 AM
^^^I don't know how likely many of those moves would be. Kenny has shown a preference for players who are a year away or less. An A-ball player might interest him as an additional part or throw in, but I can't see him centering a deal around someone who wouldn't be able to step into the lineup at some point next year. I think he'd overpay for readiness before he'd underpay for potential.

Edit: somehow I posted this in the wrong thread. This was supposed to be in response to Beautox's post about rebuilding.

GAsoxfan
06-04-2007, 03:37 AM
I don't forsee dye going to the Giants, but crede definatly

I would gladly take the following off their hands for joe crede.

either of their up and coming 2B Frandsen or Sanders.

Frandsen is a slap hitting 2B with decent speed who doesn't strike out much but also doesn't walk much his OBP is reliant on putting the ball in play.

Sanders is a bit further away hes currently at the giants single A affiliate Augusta, and was hampered all last season with shoulder a injury, he could move very quickly and possibly taste AAA by seasons end seeing how Frandsen is with the big club he should move quickly. He hasn't show much in the power department but he does have very good speed(3triples 13SB/1CS) and a great eye(20SO/19BB).

Aside from both of them i wouldn't mind Jonathan Sanchez (http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=456043) another project lefty with great stuff. Recently sent down to AAA Fresno. He has had alot of sucess at the milb level and good control, it just hasn't translated at the show yet.

Why not see what Cooper can do with Sanchez. So far he's been able to make Logan look respectable and Thornton look great, The book is still out on Sisco.

I don't know if the Giants would trade him, but I'd be happy if the Sox got Schierholtz.

WhiteSox5187
06-04-2007, 04:54 AM
Dye is the oldest and also the most replaceable ultimately. We have three guys (counting Owens) who could take his place concievably. I think Buerhle will be the hardest to replace and for some dumb reason I keep thinking that regardless of how we do this season, we're going to resign him.