PDA

View Full Version : What was the worst loss of the seaon thus far?

Viva Magglio
07-31-2001, 10:33 PM
What was the worst loss of the seaon thus far?

KVinc
07-31-2001, 10:39 PM
we didnt lose on opening day we lost in the home opener i think after the osuna grand slam foulke lost it

Farwest why take the privilege of attaching files.

Jerry_Manuel
07-31-2001, 10:42 PM
we didnt lose on opening day we lost in the home opener i think after the osuna grand slam foulke lost it

Ah I remember it well, it was a gloomy day outside sort of dark looking which was a sign of the season to come. The Tigers loaded the bases and Osuna gave up a grand slam to deep right hit by Tony Clark.

PutItOnTheBoard
07-31-2001, 10:45 PM
Well, I've cast my vote for Twinkie dome debacle. I mean, I've never seen anything like that game. It was just surreal the way that game which we had dead to rights just came crumbling down.

But, as far as your choices - I think Sunday's was worse than today's. Today was one of those games where you face a guy pitching well, and the two teams stayed pretty even. On Sunday, we clearly had the BoSox beaten, and a couple of goats gift-wrapped the game for them. Add the fact that Cle and Min had both lost that day, and well, that may have been the death knell...

FarWestChicago
07-31-2001, 11:14 PM
Had to go with the Melt Down In The Roller Dome. After that game I felt like I'd had a run in with the yellow pages under Comiskey.

KempersRS
07-31-2001, 11:19 PM
I went with the Twinkie game as well. I just sat there, looking at gamecast without blinking for about 30 minutes straight, you knew it was over then.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-31-2001, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Had to go with the Melt Down In The Roller Dome. After that game I felt like I'd had a run in with the yellow pages under Comiskey.

I literally fell off the couch. I felt physical pain that last inning. The only other time I can remember feeling anything similar was Game 1 of the ALDS.

Foulke was pitching that one, too.

FarWestChicago
07-31-2001, 11:32 PM
I literally fell off the couch. I felt physical pain that last inning. The only other time I can remember feeling anything similar was Game 1 of the ALDS.

Foulke was pitching that one, too.

You have a point there. I took a half day off to watch that ALDS game. That hurt.

ode to veeck
08-01-2001, 01:47 AM
I left the country

nice distribution on the vote too, no love lost for the suddenly struggling twinks, except one wishes its anyone but toons to repace them if they fall from grace

Chisox353014
08-01-2001, 09:09 AM

The Twinkie game hands down was the worst this year, but nothing compares to the feeling I had after Game 2 last year. I waited my whole life to go to a Sox playoff game (I was at school in '93) and then to lose 2 days in a row the way we did...I'm still getting over those games.

harwar
08-01-2001, 09:36 AM
The worst loss for me is always the one that just happened.Hey,we can still go on a winning streak and get back into this thing, or maybe not...