PDA

View Full Version : Fans Going to Monday's Game: No Roger

WhiteSoxFan84
06-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Roger Clemens has been scratched from his start on Monday because of a groin problem. This is per ESPN and no word on who will start in his place.

ilsox7
06-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Roger Clemens has been scratched from his start on Monday because of a groin problem. This is per ESPN and no word on who will start in his place.

Igawa (sp?) is starting.

WhiteSoxFan84
06-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Igawa (sp?) is starting.

Yes sir, Ken Igawa.

HotelWhiteSox
06-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Of all the dramatic turn of events that I've ever seen, oh my goodness gracious!

Fenway
06-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Yankees saying 2 weeks and another rehab stint.

gosiu
06-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Looks like ESPN made the mistaken of picking up this game for Monday

alohafri
06-02-2007, 06:13 PM

Not a mistake. They still get the chance to show the Yankees score 7 runs in the 8th against MacDoodle and Aardsma to win 8-1.

kevingrt
06-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Of all the dramatic turn of events that I've ever seen, oh my goodness gracious!

I nominate that for post of the week. I got a nice chuckle out of it.

gosiu
06-02-2007, 07:44 PM
Not a mistake. They still get the chance to show the Yankees score 7 runs in the 8th against MacDoodle and Aardsma to win 8-1.
Aren't you a happy camper.

In any event, it's a blackout-free Sox game. Enjoy nation.

Daver
06-02-2007, 07:49 PM

Everyone in Chicago can enjoy a Sox without having to listen to Ken Harrelson.

SoxandtheCityTee
06-02-2007, 07:54 PM

:rolling: But you need the New Yawk accent too -- "Of awl the drimaddick . .. ."

jabrch
06-02-2007, 09:40 PM
Yes sir, Ken Igawa.

Ken?

thomas35forever
06-02-2007, 09:44 PM
Yankees saying 2 weeks and another rehab stint.
It says on ESPN.com that he'll be sent to Class-A Tampa.

IlliniSox4Life
06-02-2007, 10:29 PM

I nominate that for post of the week. I got a nice chuckle out of it.

:rolling: But you need the New Yawk accent too -- "Of awl the drimaddick . .. ."

Thirded. That made my night. Good job HWS

It's Dankerific
06-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Roger just saved the Yankees enough money to buy our entire bullpen!

DumpJerry
06-02-2007, 10:39 PM
One more time: ESPN did not make a mistake of picking up this game because they picked it up before Roger signed with the Yankees.

The guy who is starting instead is the Japanese pitcher thge Yanks signed and then sent to AA after he could not hack it in The Big Show. This means he will pitch a perfect game against us.:(:

JB98
06-02-2007, 10:41 PM
One more time: ESPN did not make a mistake of picking up this game because they picked it up before Roger signed with the Yankees.

The guy who is starting instead is the Japanese pitcher thge Yanks signed and then sent to AA after he could not hack it in The Big Show. This means he will pitch a perfect game against us.:(:

I would rather face Clemens.

Johnny Mostil
06-02-2007, 10:52 PM
Didn't see this (http://bats.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/06/02/breaking-news-clemens-will-miss-chicago-series/) posted . . . hope I didn't overlook it . . .

IlliniSox4Life
06-02-2007, 10:56 PM

Please tell me he doesn't throw junk. If he throws junk I think I am going to have to get tickets just because I've never seen a perfect game in person. And I really can't afford the tickets right now. Plus it will be painful.

JB98
06-02-2007, 11:02 PM
Please tell me he doesn't throw junk. If he throws junk I think I am going to have to get tickets just because I've never seen a perfect game in person. And I really can't afford the tickets right now. Plus it will be painful.

He's left-handed. That's all I know. I would rather a face a future Hall-of-Fame right-hander than ANYONE who throws left.

gosiu
06-03-2007, 12:02 AM

You're right. Hell, I even mentioned this game weeks ago.

Still, ESPN must have felt like they hit the jackpot when his return was announced and they were scheduled to carry the game. Now it's a battle of two underacheiving teams.

letsgosox1592
06-03-2007, 12:04 AM
im pissed cause i was so glad to see clemens for the first time in my life and now this happens.

VenturaFan23
06-03-2007, 01:06 AM

I predict our offense will erupt and we will lose 8-3 instead.

Nellie_Fox
06-03-2007, 02:12 AM
im pissed cause i was so glad to see clemens for the first time in my life and now this happens.Do you work for ESPN?

IlliniSox4Life
06-03-2007, 02:54 AM
Do you work for ESPN?

To be honest, if I had tickets I would be rather upset too. Not throwing things upset, but when you thought you would get to see Clemens and now get to see some AAA pitcher it's disappointing. I mean, ESPN bias and the way he is treating the game aside, the player is still a legend, and even though he's a fading star, it would still be great to see him play especially when option B is some guy I've never heard of.

IlliniSox4Life
06-03-2007, 02:56 AM
I predict our offense will erupt and we will lose 8-3 instead.

Woah woah woah, holster those crazy predictions, partner. It's not like we're trading for robot versions of Ruth and Aaron before the series.

Nellie_Fox
06-03-2007, 03:23 AM
Yeah, you did. http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=88491
closed.

WhiteSoxFan84
06-03-2007, 04:46 AM
There won't be a perfect game thrown by Igawa. His control is AWFUL. If there's one thing our offense can do, it's draw some walks. I actually see us putting up A LOT of runs on Monday, maybe as many as 5!

MinnySoxFan
06-03-2007, 07:30 AM
There won't be a perfect game thrown by Igawa. His control is AWFUL. If there's one thing our offense can do, it's draw some walks. I actually see us putting up A LOT of runs on Monday, maybe as many as 5!

:uribe:

Walks...Did you say I can draw some walks?

alohafri
06-03-2007, 09:51 AM

I haven't had anything to be happy about lately...baseball wise.

MRM
06-03-2007, 04:33 PM
To be honest, if I had tickets I would be rather upset too. Not throwing things upset, but when you thought you would get to see Clemens and now get to see some AAA pitcher it's disappointing. I mean, ESPN bias and the way he is treating the game aside, the player is still a legend, and even though he's a fading star, it would still be great to see him play especially when option B is some guy I've never heard of.

I wanted Clemens to pitch because several Sox players absolutely OWN him.

IndianWhiteSox
06-03-2007, 04:35 PM

Yep, 2005 World Series is the best example of that evidence.
:cool:

The Critic
06-03-2007, 08:07 PM

RAHJUH CLEMINZ IS IN JAWJ'S HAWT TUB!
:D:

spiffie
06-03-2007, 11:41 PM
Yankees.com is showing Matt DeSalvo pitching for them on Monday night, not Kei Igawa.

WhiteSoxFan84
06-04-2007, 05:37 AM
DeSalvo it is on Monday.
Kei Igawa pitched on Sunday in AAA. Weird chain of events. We rocked DeSalvo earlier this year, let's hope our bats can wake up against him.

salty99
06-04-2007, 08:36 AM
DeSalvo it is on Monday.
Kei Igawa pitched on Sunday in AAA. Weird chain of events. We rocked DeSalvo earlier this year, let's hope our bats can wake up against him.

Let's also hope the rain stays away.

Walker29
06-04-2007, 01:47 PM
When I read the thread title and saw the rain coming out my office window, I thought "No Roger" was in reference to the Sodfather, Mr. Bossard. Who is our backup Groundskeeper? Is he currently on the staff, or is he the Head Groundskeeper in Charlottle waiting for a call-up?

Mr. White Sox
06-04-2007, 02:18 PM

The Sox should re-sign Jeff Liefer if they ever face Clemens again. Remember that towering 3-R HR a few years back? Yankee Stadium, upper tank, mmm mmm good.