PDA

View Full Version : IHSA Boys Baseball

ILuvThatDuck
06-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Major Upset. Top ranked Mt. Carmel losses to Whitney Young 2-0.
St. Rita over St. Laurence 7-6.
Br. Rice over Sandburg 4-2.
Minooka over Providence 8-1.

Should be good games Monday at Hawkinson Ford Field
Br. Rice vs Minooka @ 4:30.
St. Rita vs Witney young @ 6:30.

CHISOXFAN13
06-02-2007, 04:01 PM
The sixth inning of the Rita game took about 75 minutes. What a wild game from two great teams.

Congrats to the Vikings on a hell of a season.

Also, congrats to the Crusaders of Br. Rice for getting over the hump. First sectional crown since 1983.

Viva Medias B's
06-02-2007, 10:45 PM
On the girls' softball side, Sandburg beat Marist 5-2. Even though they bowed out, the conclusion of the RedHawks' softball season capped off a nice sports year for Marist. While varsity football stunk at 3-6, both the sophomore and freshmen RedHawks won the ESCC. Boys and girls varsity basketball had tremendous success. Boys varsity baseball won the ESCC and had key wins over Mt. Carmel and Brother Rice.

Clembasbal
06-03-2007, 08:57 AM
The sixth inning of the Rita game took about 75 minutes. What a wild game from two great teams.

Congrats to the Vikings on a hell of a season.

Also, congrats to the Crusaders of Br. Rice for getting over the hump. First sectional crown since 1983.

I left the game when it was 6-1 St.Laurence. I couldn't take it anymore. And I told my old man that Rita lost, it must of been one heck of a comeback win.

cwsfannick
06-03-2007, 12:10 PM
Congrats to the Mustangs. Hopefully they can keep up the good play.

AMestan
06-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Let's hope Rita goes all the way.

cwsfannick
06-04-2007, 10:41 PM
St. Rita defeats Whitney Young 3 to 2.

Br. Rice defeats Minnoka 7 to 3.

Congrats to both South Side Catholic League Schools for reaching the State Qtrs.

I'm biased however, Go Mustangs.

redsand22
06-04-2007, 11:20 PM
Go Crusaders!!:dtroll:

CHISOXFAN13
06-04-2007, 11:30 PM

Congrats to both South Side Catholic League Schools for reaching the State Qtrs.

Just a small clarification. St. Rita won 4-2.

Viva Medias B's
06-05-2007, 07:10 AM

I am surprised Br. Rice has made it this far. Two weeks earlier on the very same field, the Crusaders were crushed by then-No. 1 Marist 10-3 and looked nothing like an IHSA contender that night. Alas, Br. Rice rebounded while Marist eventually got stunned by Stagg in the regionals.

soxfan13
06-05-2007, 09:31 AM
Heard a rumor they are changing Ritas name to Championship High :D: :redneck :gulp:

GregO23
06-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Heard a rumor they are changing Ritas name to Championship High :D: :redneck :gulp:
Championship High my ass...How many State Championships do you guys got since 1980? Talk to Mount Carmel before you want to call yourself Championship High:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

soxfan13
06-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Championship High my ass...How many State Championships do you guys got since 1980? Talk to Mount Carmel before you want to call yourself Championship High:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Blah Blah Blah not talking single sport, talking multiples. Also what have you done for me lately. Wow you Carmel alum are getting bitter with Rita stealing some of your thunder and LOTS of you recruits :D: :cool: :gulp:

GregO23
06-05-2007, 04:01 PM
I going to be a senior there now, but you win one football state title and now you guys think your the best. We each steal each other recruits all the time but, we go into your backyard and take them from you. We might not have the state titles in all the sports, but in every sport we are right up there with the top. Baseball and Football we should of won it, but we didnt. But now our basketball program is at its best ever and we might make a run at state next year with our top 8 players coming back(including all 5 starters) Our baseball team will not be very good next year, and you know we will throw out a top 5 Football program out there with Steve Filer and Timmy Brown leading the way. St Rita just wishes they could be named Championship High. Its all about Title Town.

DeadMoney
06-06-2007, 12:54 AM
For those of you who would like to see the games out in Joliet at Silver Cross Field this weekend, the price is $6 per session. The first session is ALL DAY Friday, whereas Saturday features two sessions. The first session Saturday is going to be the 2 semi-final games, followed by the emptying of the ballpark. The 3rd place game will start off the second session on Saturday, and will be followed by the State Championship at 7 PM.

I also believe that there will be some sort of "Championship Street" set up with stuff for the kids on the side of the stadium on Saturday. Apparently it will be things like batting cages and baseball oriented games for the younger ones to enjoy. Lastly, there is a deal put forth by the JackHammers that if you purchase a ticket to any of the IHSA sessions this weekend, you may redeem that stub for a by one get one free offer to the following Thursday's JackHammers game.

Mullet Master
06-06-2007, 08:26 AM
Wow, you guys arguing over high school championships :rolleyes:. Whats it gonna get you in life.....do you make an extra 20K a year after you graduate for each high school championship???

soxfan13
06-06-2007, 08:44 AM
Wow, you guys arguing over high school championships :rolleyes:. Whats it gonna get you in life.....do you make an extra 20K a year after you graduate for each high school championship???

Obviously you dont know the neighborhood and catholic school rivalries

soxfan13
06-06-2007, 08:48 AM
For those of you who would like to see the games out in Joliet at Silver Cross Field this weekend, the price is $6 per session. The first session is ALL DAY Friday, whereas Saturday features two sessions. The first session Saturday is going to be the 2 semi-final games, followed by the emptying of the ballpark. The 3rd place game will start off the second session on Saturday, and will be followed by the State Championship at 7 PM.

I also believe that there will be some sort of "Championship Street" set up with stuff for the kids on the side of the stadium on Saturday. Apparently it will be things like batting cages and baseball oriented games for the younger ones to enjoy. Lastly, there is a deal put forth by the JackHammers that if you purchase a ticket to any of the IHSA sessions this weekend, you may redeem that stub for a by one get one free offer to the following Thursday's JackHammers game.

Silver Cross field is a very nice facility. Hopefully I will be there Friday and Saturday. My wife and I attend quite a few Jackhammer games since it is only a 5 minute drive for us and have never had a bad time. Very Very kid oriented. Im hoping they do the velcro wall for the high school games:tongue:

CHISOXFAN13
06-06-2007, 09:46 AM
I am surprised Br. Rice has made it this far. Two weeks earlier on the very same field, the Crusaders were crushed by then-No. 1 Marist 10-3 and looked nothing like an IHSA contender that night. Alas, Br. Rice rebounded while Marist eventually got stunned by Stagg in the regionals.

You can't base anything on that game. Rice threw their No. 7 pitcher and used a reliever who was on the sophomore team and isn't even with the varsity anymore.

soxfan13
06-06-2007, 09:51 AM
You can't base anything on that game. Rice threw their No. 7 pitcher and used a reliever who was on the sophomore team and isn't even with the varsity anymore.

Rice had a 7 man rotation this year?:tongue:

CHISOXFAN13
06-06-2007, 09:54 AM
Rice had a 7 man rotation this year?:tongue:

LOL. Let's just say that kid who started that game wasn't anywhere near their rotation.

I'm very excited about this weekend. I think Rita and Rice both have very favorable first-round matchups and could very well be battling for the title come Saturday night.

And getting this tourney away from Kane County makes it even sweeter.

soxfan13
06-06-2007, 09:58 AM
LOL. Let's just say that kid who started that game wasn't anywhere near their rotation.

I'm very excited about this weekend. I think Rita and Rice both have very favorable first-round matchups and could very well be battling for the title come Saturday night.

And getting this tourney away from Kane County makes it even sweeter.

I especially love it since its a mile and a half away. Will definately be out there with ILuvThatDuck on Friday night and hopefully all day Saturday. Good luck It would be awesome to see a all Catholic league Championship:gulp:

Mullet Master
06-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Obviously you dont know the neighborhood and catholic school rivalries
I understand, just that anytime someone brings up high school sports and how good they were or how good their team was, I instantly think of Al Bundy and not being able to let go of what he did in high school.

Thats cool though, if you guys like to keep the rivalry going, more power to ya.

soxfan13
06-06-2007, 01:59 PM
I understand, just that anytime someone brings up high school sports and how good they were or how good their team was, I instantly think of Al Bundy and not being able to let go of what he did in high school.

Thats cool though, if you guys like to keep the rivalry going, more power to ya.

Al Bundy couldnt let go of his personal football glory. I am just a staunch supporter of my high school. I think that is much better then people graduating and could care less if there school disappears You can be a honorary Mustang if youd like:gulp:

ChiSoxRowand
06-06-2007, 02:36 PM
Blah Blah Blah not talking single sport, talking multiples. Also what have you done for me lately. Wow you Carmel alum are getting bitter with Rita stealing some of your thunder and LOTS of you recruits :D: :cool: :gulp:

Pointless argument. Most (if not all) of both schools championships are won illegally.

twsoxfan5
06-06-2007, 02:49 PM
I actually like to see when any of the South Side Catholic Schools do well. I have a lot of friends that went to all the schools and I always like when they beat the public school teams. Unfortunately Marist was only good at wrestling while I was there and even then we were never able to get past Providence. Now that there are girls there to lure in more recruits they seem to be improving in every sport.

Viva Medias B's
06-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Since Marist opened its doors in 1963, it has won only four state championships:

Baseball ─ 1978
Wrestling ─ 1983
Wrestling ─ 1987
Boys Volleyball ─ 2002The also finished fourth in baseball in 1988, second in football in 1986, and third in baseball in 2001. But so what if Marist does not have the winning tradition of a Mt. Carmel or a St. Rita. I am proud of my alma mater because of its academic reputation and in its role in providing its young men and women education for time and eternity. I am quite sure Mt. Carmel, St. Rita, and many other schools excel at the same thing.

soxfan13
06-07-2007, 07:46 AM
Pointless argument. Most (if not all) of both schools championships are won illegally.

Oh boy here we go......WHY?:rolleyes:

Zisk77
06-07-2007, 08:19 AM
All I have to say is go Edwardsville Tigers!:) see Ya in Joliet.

soxfan13
06-07-2007, 09:07 AM

The dreaded Tigers!!!! They knocked Rita out of the football playoffs 2 yearas in arow BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!:gulp: Good Luck anyway Ill be looking for ya

ILuvThatDuck
06-07-2007, 09:21 AM

Edwardsville and St. Rita should match up in the semi-finals.

ILuvThatDuck
06-08-2007, 11:16 AM
New Treir advances over Buffalo Grove 8-0.

Br. Rice vs Dundee-Crown starts in 15 mins.

ILuvThatDuck
06-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Br. Rice over Dundee-Crown 9-8.

Br Rice vs. New Treir tomorrow morning at 9:00am in the semi-finals.

CHISOXFAN13
06-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Edwardsville and St. Rita should match up in the semi-finals.

That was my prediction as well.

Neuqua Valley 7
Edwardsville 3

Washington 5
St. Rita 4

Big error in the first cost the Mustangs.

Viva Medias B's
06-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Semininals

New Trier 7, Brother Rice 2
Neuqua Valley 11, Washington 0

Third Place Game

Washington 10, Brother Rice 6

Championship Game

Neuqua Valley 5, New Trier 1 (Bottom 4th)

letsgosox1592
06-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Championship Game[/U]

Neuqua Valley 5, New Trier 1 (Bottom 4th)

i was at the game and it was awesome. of course it helps when the team ur rooting for wins. neuqua wins with only 1 hit!!!! 2 costly errors in the bottom of 4th by the pitcher screwed them.

DeadMoney
06-09-2007, 11:17 PM
With only 1 hit, Nequa Valley took the State Championship away from New Trier in front of a great crowd of over 2300. New Trier just shot themselves in the foot; too bad for those kids though, as I'm sure they're very dissapointed tonight.

This will kill you right here (Linky (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/highschool/cs-070609statebase,0,2844781.story?coll=cs-highschool-headlines)):
"Trevians pitchers walked eight, hit one batter and committed two errors."

Overall (if anyone is interested), there were decent numbers this weekend out in Joliet. For the entire 2-day, 3-session event (8 games in total), just over 8100 passed through the gates. The numbers for each session were approximately:
Session 1 (4 Friday Games, 8 teams): 4100
Session 2 (2 Semi Games, 4 teams): 1900
Session 3 (1st & 3rd Place Games): 2300
Of course, this is technically unofficial, but the numbers are VERY close to those above.