PDA

View Full Version : Flashing Back with Ron Rapoport

Jerry_Manuel
03-30-2002, 10:08 PM
Good article on the front page for those of you who haven't read it yet.

I think a lot of owners feel that they have a chance to get control of things again even though they havenít been able to do it for thirty years or so. I donít think anything will happen this year but I can certainly see a strike coming in 2003."

Bingo! Why do the owners think this year or next year will be any different then 1994? Has the players union gotten weaker? I don't think so. So how are they going to beat the players this time around?

Lucky us, the AS Game is supposed to be at Comiskey in 2003 and they're going to strike!

Lip Man 1
03-30-2002, 10:31 PM
I didn't realize that (about the All Star Game in 2003). My God when you think about it, the fans will abandon this team in bigger numbers then have already taken place!

Think about it, TWO labor disputes potentially wiping out two pretty good teams and blowing the All Star Game apart, inside of a 10 year span.

Amazing. (and it could only happen to the Sox!)

Lip

voodoochile
03-30-2002, 10:36 PM
I thought the players were potentially going to strike this years AS game, to send a message to get the deal done. If they don't have a deal to start the season in 2003, the AS game will be the least of our worries, because they probably won't be playing ball in April...

Jerry_Manuel
03-30-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I thought the players were potentially going to strike this years AS game, to send a message to get the deal done. If they don't have a deal to start the season in 2003, the AS game will be the least of our worries, because they probably won't be playing ball in April...

I've heard about that to, considering this years AS game is in Milwaukee. True, they most likely won't be playing ball in April. Doesn't bother me though, the Sox aren't anywhere near the World Series anyway. So it's not like a 2003 strike would kill a Sox World Series run. Just my opinion.

voodoochile
03-30-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I've heard about that to, considering this years AS game is in Milwaukee. True, they most likely won't be playing ball in April. Doesn't bother me though, the Sox aren't anywhere near the World Series anyway. So it's not like a 2003 strike would kill a Sox World Series run. Just my opinion.

Man, Your negative waves are bumming me out... You really need to stop reading so many articles at this site ... :D:

Jerry_Manuel
03-30-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Man, Your negative waves are bumming me out... You really need to stop reading so many articles at this site ... :D:

Sorry VC, it's just in my nature to be negative. West, refers to me as the King of Bummer Hill. I've been a negative bastard long before I came to this site.

And to the people who dislike the negative columns, I think you should, perhaps, consider not reading the columns. They obviously are annoying to you, and you don't seem to enjoy them.

TornLabrum
03-30-2002, 11:20 PM
Hey, Jerry, let's not discourage people from reading the columns here!

1) I like the attention!

2) Isn't one of the reasons they are published here is to encourage an exchange of opinions?

Jerry_Manuel
03-30-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Hey, Jerry, let's not discourage people from reading the columns here!

1) I like the attention!

2) Isn't one of the reasons they are published here is to encourage an exchange of opinions?

No need to worry, Torn. Nobody here takes anything I seriously, never mind listening to one of my opinions.