PDA

View Full Version : MLB.TV Glitch

voodoochile
06-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Yesterday for the first time in a week, I tried to load the Sox game on my computer, but the system kept directing me to the purchase screen. I figured it was a glitch, but tonight the same thing happened. I was pretty steamed. I have an auto-renew yearly account with MLB and shouldn't have to give them one more dime. Add in the fact that earlier in the year, I couldn't get games to load until I signed up for the premium subscription - which costs more money yearly AND has a $5/month fee. I didn't need the faster download speeds, my DSL won't handle faster speeds, so the whole thing felt like a ripoff. Now they won't let me access games and I am feeling truly ripped off. I sent off a nasty e-mail to customer service but then decided I'd bust out the captioned phone, put up with the long wait and actually try to talk to a rep.

I was on hold for about 20 minutes, but I managed to be nice to the lady who answered the phone and simply explained the situation, including giving her a piece of my mind about being forced to pay for the premium subscription. She checks her records and turns out the glitch was on their end.

You see when I gave them the extra $5/month, that was all that was charged to my card. They never charged the renewal fee - don't know how I missed it, but I was pretty distracted in late March. Turns out I've basically been getting two months of free MLB.TV because some bonehead in the tech department screwed up. I'm not the only one either.

So, I got to sign up tonight and only had to sign up for the regular yearly subscription, prorated for the final 4 months of play.

Thought I'd post this in case anyone else encounters a similar problem and also because I felt like saying "WOOHOO! Bite me, Bud. Neener neener neeeeener...":tongue::supernana::)