PDA

View Full Version : Anderson

LITTLE NELL
06-01-2007, 02:35 PM
With Pods and Erstad out, I say bring up Anderson and trot him out to CF every day regardless of whos pitching and lets finally see what we have.
If he stinks up the joint, dump him once and for all.

DumpJerry
06-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Anderson? I thought you want Rowand out there.

Owens has better speed than BA.

The purpose of bringing players up to The Big Show is not to set them up for failure, it's to help the team.

CashMan
06-01-2007, 02:37 PM
When did BA turn into a leadoff hitter?

LITTLE NELL
06-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Owens leads off, BA 8th or 9th

CHIsoxNation
06-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Owens leads off, BA 8th or 9th

So you want an OF of Owens, Anderson, and Dye? I'll take my chances with Terrero, at least he has shown he can hit major league pitching.

balke
06-01-2007, 03:06 PM
This injury makes it very clear that the original reason given for sending Anderson down was B.S. He's not coming up for a long time. He should be our back-up CFer, but they obviously don't want him. Instead of giving him full-time play with Erstad down, that goes to Terrero.

Madvora
06-01-2007, 03:20 PM
With Pods and Erstad out, I say bring up Anderson and trot him out to CF every day regardless of whos pitching and lets finally see what we have.
I think we've seen that already. Anderson is in the minors to get his every day work. Once he starts tearing it up down there, then he earns a right to come back up to the major leagues.
The White Sox are not a practice squad.

TDog
06-01-2007, 03:39 PM
When did BA turn into a leadoff hitter?

With Brian Anderson's tools, I expected him to develop into a potential leadoff hitter. He is, however, a long way from being a decent leadoff hitter. He also has things to show before the Sox can justify calling him up.

Even batting Owens leadoff would put tremendous pressure on him, but it could be that the Sox have no choice. Owens does have some speed. He's never reached first in a major league game, and it would be a lot easier for him if he were playing to Erstad's right and hitting eighth or ninth.

MRM
06-01-2007, 11:23 PM
This injury makes it very clear that the original reason given for sending Anderson down was B.S.

Who, exactly, would you have lead off if Anderson were the player brought up??? The Sox have 3 guys capable of hitting in the leadoff spot and all are currently injured. This move isn't about replacing a CF, it's about bringing in someone, anyone, who can lead off.

FarWestChicago
06-02-2007, 06:34 AM
This injury makes it very clear that the original reason given for sending Anderson down was B.S.The Apollo moon landings were fake, too.

JB98
06-02-2007, 03:15 PM
This injury makes it very clear that the original reason given for sending Anderson down was B.S. He's not coming up for a long time. He should be our back-up CFer, but they obviously don't want him. Instead of giving him full-time play with Erstad down, that goes to Terrero.

That's probably because Terrero is a better player than Anderson.

ThomesHomie
06-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Anderson was traded to the cubs, he is now a base running coach.

letsgosox1592
06-02-2007, 10:57 PM
With Brian Anderson's tools, I expected him to develop into a potential leadoff hitter. He is, however, a long way from being a decent leadoff hitter. He also has things to show before the Sox can justify calling him up.

Even batting Owens leadoff would put tremendous pressure on him, but it could be that the Sox have no choice. Owens does have some speed. He's never reached first in a major league game, and it would be a lot easier for him if he were playing to Erstad's right and hitting eighth or ninth.

actually yes owens has reached 1st in the majors...because as i recall last year he went 3-9 with the sox in september and had a stolen base. i would much rather have a guy with speed and can ignite the offense with stolen bases right now rather than a guy who is a great defender and cant hit at all.

HotelWhiteSox
06-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Haha, I guess Terrero is the real deal now, like Sweeney was right after he came up. Funny since Terrero and Anderson's numbers are pretty close, especially before Luis came up when they were identical

gosiu
06-02-2007, 11:05 PM
All I know about Terrero is that he was caught with the hidden ball trick a couple years ago.

Use it BA lovers.

JB98
06-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Haha, I guess Terrero is the real deal now, like Sweeney was right after he came up. Funny since Terrero and Anderson's numbers are pretty close, especially before Luis came up when they were identical

Terrero is in the exact same role that Anderson was in at the start of the year *and he's doing a better job than Anderson did.

He's no savior. He's not the "real deal." He's a mediocre, backup outfielder. And he's still better than Anderson.

Patrick134
06-03-2007, 12:12 AM
All I know about Terrero is that he was caught with the hidden ball trick a couple years ago.

Use it BA lovers.

BAAA often falls prey to the hidden ball trick while at the plate. Usually, it's a curve ball over the middle of the plate on an 0-2 count.

Nellie_Fox
06-03-2007, 01:10 AM
actually yes owens has reached 1st in the majors...because as i recall last year he went 3-9 with the sox in september and had a stolen base. i would much rather have a guy with speed and can ignite the offense with stolen bases right now rather than a guy who is a great defender and cant hit at all.Please find your shift key.

soxinem1
06-03-2007, 12:33 PM
I still say Fields should be brought up and broken in the lineup playing LF.

But it is obvious that BA is not in Ozzie's plans anytime soon. This sort of reminds me of that old Partridge Family episode when Keith, the last guy on the bench in a basketball game, gets put in, albeit grudgingly by the coach, when no one is left.

Though Keith went on to make the winning shot, I sort of doubt now that BA will get the chance. At this point, I think Lance Johnson coming out of retirement to play CF is more likely than BA being given CF.

balke
06-03-2007, 12:35 PM
That's probably because Terrero is a better player than Anderson.

Better how? Terrero's career avg. is .236 with a .315 OBP.

14 good games with the White Sox doesn't make him better at all.

Rowandws33
06-03-2007, 12:38 PM
drink it up guys drink it up

gobears1987
06-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Better how? Terrero's career avg. is .233 with a .313 OBP.
He doesn't look lost at the plate like Anderson. Terrero has actually had decent ABs. Anderson just goes down on 3 straight strikes.

UserNameBlank
06-03-2007, 12:49 PM
He doesn't look lost at the plate like Anderson. Terrero has actually had decent ABs. Anderson just goes down on 3 straight strikes.
In all fairness, Terrero's role is exactly the same role he's had most of his career. He should be used to it by now.

I do like Terrero as a backup though. Good pickup by Kenny.

balke
06-03-2007, 12:51 PM

Give Terrero some time. He K'd 78 times in 229 ABs in 2004. So give him a full season, maybe he can reach 160-170 K's in a season.

But hey, he'll look great doing it! Not as good as Sweeney would look though. Man I love the way he strikes out.

FedEx227
06-03-2007, 12:52 PM

Gee that's funny.

Because Anderson in 2007 averaged 4.5 pitches per plate apperance. I'm not mathematician but Luis Terrero came in at 3.4 pitches per plate apperance, and I believe 4.5 > 3.4 but don't quote me. Even more so 4.5 > 3...I THINK?

Also in 2006, Anderson came in at 3.5, still better than Terrero's number this year.

BoysMom3
06-03-2007, 12:58 PM
I try not to think about BA coming in any time soon anymore. It makes me crabby, and I hate feeling crabby, especially over something that is completely out of my control.

CLR01
06-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Gee that's funny.

The haters are a special kind of breed. Don't bother with them.

FedEx227
06-03-2007, 01:30 PM
The haters are a special kind of breed. Don't bother with them.

Yeah, I'm sorry for even attempting to use fact to get in the way of a good hate.

Jerome
06-03-2007, 02:56 PM

i agree. i think he should have been the everyday starter from day one. yes he struggled mightily last year but it was his rookie year for god sakes, he deserves more of a chance than that.

the whole concept of scrubs like Erstad / Terrero / pablo / rob mackowiack playing in CF over BA just because of Ozzie's personal grudge against the guy really pisses me off.

JB98
06-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Better how? Terrero's career avg. is .236 with a .315 OBP.

14 good games with the White Sox doesn't make him better at all.

Anderson's career avg. is .216 with a .279 OBP. And don't give me the youth excuse because Anderson is only one year younger than Terrero. I don't think Luis is a great player by any means, but at least he hits the ball out of the park every now and then. He's more of a threat at the plate. Let's see your precious little cupcake BA have a two-hit game, including a HR, against Santana.

JB98
06-03-2007, 05:05 PM
drink it up guys drink it up

I am an "offical" BA hater. I just love watching you BA lovers defend your precious little puppy dog against all us mean people who expect him to produce.

champagne030
06-03-2007, 05:35 PM
The Apollo moon landings were fake, too.

And we're all living in a dream. The Sox kicked ass the second half of last season and are currently in 1st place. :wink:

Vernam
06-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Anderson's career avg. is .216 with a .279 OBP.He'd fit in perfectly with our current lineup!

Vernam

BoysMom3
06-03-2007, 11:45 PM
Let's see your precious little cupcake BA have a two-hit game, including a HR, against Santana.

That would be my precious little cupcake, JB, ok? :wink:

balke
06-04-2007, 12:40 PM
Anderson's career avg. is .216 with a .279 OBP. And don't give me the youth excuse because Anderson is only one year younger than Terrero. I don't think Luis is a great player by any means, but at least he hits the ball out of the park every now and then. He's more of a threat at the plate. Let's see your precious little cupcake BA have a two-hit game, including a HR, against Santana.

Terrero's been up and down for 4 years and he still sucks. He has about 40 more career AB's than Anderson. That has amounted to 2 more hr's, and 4 less doubles. He sounds like a real power batter in comparison doesn't he? WHAT A THREAT AT THE PLATE THIS GUY IS!

Didn't some minor leaguer hit a HR against Roger Clemens? Didn't Junior Spivey hit 2 off of Santana Does it really mean ANYTHING? NO.

He's not my cupcake, but I like to inform people that make ill-informed comments, like Terrero is patient at the plate, or he's "Better" than Anderson that they are wrong. They are the same player. Terrero's just been stinking up MLB longer.