PDA

View Full Version : Joe Cowley Article

Bobby Jenks
06-01-2007, 01:47 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/...T-joe01.article (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/410224,CST-SPT-joe01.article)

Apologies if this has already been posted. Thoughts?

hawkjt
06-01-2007, 02:00 PM
I like it. lets fight the lil bastards in August..

hate the twins twice as much as the tigers and indians put together..cheap-ass baltimore chop hitting, steroid taking,cheap shot artists..

WhiteSox5187
06-01-2007, 02:13 PM
I saw we have AJ charge the mound and pull the still beating heart out of Santana.

WizardsofOzzie
06-01-2007, 03:10 PM
I saw we have AJ charge the mound and pull the still beating heart out of Santana.
Someone played too much Mortal Kombat in the day :smile:

eriqjaffe
06-01-2007, 03:12 PM
A.J. Pierzynski and the Temple Of Doom?

minutia
06-01-2007, 03:27 PM
What a great article. I deeply hate the Twins. I have since I was old enough to understand the game and I could not agree more with the assesment that they get away with murder. Plus all this A.J. stuff is laughable. He was a freakin hero when he played for them and I hated him. In fact I was not so sure I would like him when he came to the Sox because of his Twin past, but to boo him like they do, even before the "base" incedent is crazy. The Twins were behind us until earlier this week and will take there place there again sooner rather than later I think.

Bobby Jenks
06-02-2007, 01:32 AM
What a great article. I deeply hate the Twins. I have since I was old enough to understand the game and I could not agree more with the assesment that they get away with murder. Plus all this A.J. stuff is laughable. He was a freakin hero when he played for them and I hated him. In fact I was not so sure I would like him when he came to the Sox because of his Twin past, but to boo him like they do, even before the "base" incedent is crazy. The Twins were behind us until earlier this week and will take there place there again sooner rather than later I think.

I think the AJ play was borderline. I doubt he was trying to injure Morneau. The whole thing got blown out of proportion . That being said,the Punto play was hardly dirty. It pains me to say so because i hate that little bastard.

Wsoxmike59
06-02-2007, 06:23 AM
If the Sox had any balls they would've drilled Morneau in the ribs on his next at bat. The glare and stare down he gave AJ after the play was totally out of bounds, after some incidental contact in a professional game. Oh boo freaking hoo you god damned baby!! :angry:

When Gardenhire came out and railed on the umpire, that should've been impetus enough to get the Sox motivated.

jabrch
06-02-2007, 09:10 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/...T-joe01.article (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/410224,CST-SPT-joe01.article)

Apologies if this has already been posted. Thoughts?

Joe Cowley is a douchebag.

kitekrazy
06-02-2007, 12:10 PM
What a waste of font.

Bobby Jenks
06-02-2007, 12:47 PM
If the Sox had any balls they would've drilled Morneau in the ribs on his next at bat. The glare and stare down he gave AJ after the play was totally out of bounds, after some incidental contact in a professional game. Oh boo freaking hoo you god damned baby!! :angry:

When Gardenhire came out and railed on the umpire, that should've been impetus enough to get the Sox motivated.

I was at the game and Morneau didn't glare at AJ. The whole incident started when the Twins bench started jawing at AJ. The UMP told them to be quiet and thats when Gardenslug came out Like i said the whole thing got blown out of proportion by the Twin Cities media. Go figure

I_Liked_Manuel
06-02-2007, 02:15 PM
that was a pretty weak article- connecting a few incidents over the course of 5 years or so, while a lot of incidents speak otherwise. he might as well have called out every other team in baseball while he was at it.

MikeLove
06-02-2007, 02:39 PM
I was at the game and Morneau didn't glare at AJ.

Yes he did, he stared at AJ from the second he crossed the bag. It was clear as day on one of the replays. It definitely happened.