PDA

View Full Version : Will they or won't they

Daver
03-30-2002, 06:26 PM
Doesn't look good.

http://money.cnn.com/2002/03/29/commentary/column_sportsbiz/baseball_labor/index.htm

baggio202
03-30-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by daver
Doesn't look good.

http://money.cnn.com/2002/03/29/commentary/column_sportsbiz/baseball_labor/index.htm

last time these guys went on strike i stayed away from baseball until 1998...im not gonna say ill never step foot in a major league park again but ill bet ya ill be either bald or gray by the time i do...

millionaires fighting with billionaires..its pathetic..i dont even know why i bother now...right now..i was planning on 10 games this year..im cutting it to 5 just because of this talk..i wont step into comiskey until atleast after the all star game...and if buy that time they have set a strike deadline or something like that..then ill blow off the whole season...now if they can settle this like men and avoid a work stoppage ill try and make up 10 games the 2nd half....

if all fans did something like this, maybe these morons would get the message...well probably not..but i dont want to look back on all the money left at comiskey on a season that didnt even count

duke of dorwood
03-30-2002, 10:49 PM
They will. Dont forget that percentage thing tool has already threatened to enforce.

LongDistanceFan
03-31-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
They will. Dont forget that percentage thing tool has already threatened to enforce. i hope they do

doublem23
03-31-2002, 01:02 PM
In a post-9/11 America, I really can't believe either side will garnish any sympathy from the public by fighting for a bigger piece of the pie while I have to pay what? $10 in parking fees? ***???

My theory: Bud Selig is a terrorist in disguise who's mission is to destroy the American pastime.

Anyone else got a more logical explanation???

LongDistanceFan
03-31-2002, 01:37 PM
its greed................ and how can anyone justified a 10+ mil contract a year vs a 11 mil when people are getting laid off and losing jobs...........

so as far as i am concerned, let them ruin the game.

ma-gaga
04-01-2002, 01:09 AM
This is a 4 month season. That's how I'm approaching it. If I get more baseball than that I'll be happy. I don't expect it though.

Really, I am hoping that fundamental changes occur in upper management and relations and their CBA. I hope that Tool gets fired, and that they actually hire someone impartial to the game to help run it for both owners and players.

This time I'm going to enjoy the season and not lament the possibility of ... the unnamed beast which threatens the world series.

:)