PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod, Jeter leading AL All-Star vote - Crede leads White Sox vote-getters

Fenway
05-31-2007, 02:46 PM
Ortiz is leading at 1b and the guy who SHOULD get the nod at 1B isn't even on the ballot - Kevin Youkilis

the problem is

During Tuesday night's NESN telecast of the Red Sox victory over Cleveland, announcers Don Orsillo and Jerry Remy were discussing this dilemma for Red Sox Nation. Asked Remy: "So you're telling me there's no way you can vote for Papi and write-in Youkilis?"

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070530&content_id=1994484&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb#ballotResults

Madvora
05-31-2007, 03:15 PM
Strictly a stat related issue, but look at the AL and NL leaders for RBIs...

Magglio Ordonez - 48 (.352)
Carlos Lee - 46 (.313)

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/stats

I can't believe we had these guys on the same team before and didn't do anything. Then again look at Posada (.357) Jeter (.343) and Rodriguez (45 RBI)

oeo
05-31-2007, 03:17 PM

Magglio Ordonez - 48
Carlos Lee - 46

I can't believe we had these guys on the same team before and didn't do anything. Then again look at Posada (.357) Jeter (.343) and Rodriguez (45 RBI)

Well we won a championship when they both left, so I can live with it. I think it's pretty cool that they're both products of our system, though.

ewokpelts
05-31-2007, 03:23 PM
fenway, what do you expect? papi has "fans" **** that fat ass. he should play the field sometime.

eriqjaffe
05-31-2007, 03:32 PM

Magglio Ordonez - 48 (.352)
Carlos Lee - 46 (.313)

I can't believe we had these guys on the same team before and didn't do anything. Then again look at Posada (.357) Jeter (.343) and Rodriguez (45 RBI)With the way the top of our order is getting on base, Maggs would have 26 RBI and Lee would have 22 if they were in our outfield this year.

Fenway
05-31-2007, 03:41 PM
fenway, what do you expect? papi has "fans" **** that fat ass. he should play the field sometime.
Youk better be picked as an alternate he really having a great year

WizardsofOzzie
05-31-2007, 04:47 PM
We said the same thing last year for Thome.

areilly
05-31-2007, 05:14 PM
Personally, I don't care right now because I back a team that has only one pitcher (Jenks) and one position player (Thome) that even resemble an All-Star. Let the loudest fans have it.

munchman33
05-31-2007, 07:47 PM

Lots of guys have great first halfs and miss the all-star team. It's hard to make the team if your first bit of all-star numbers are in the current year, especially at a position like first base, where there are numerous guys with all-star numbers, and years of production to back it up.

MarySwiss
05-31-2007, 07:57 PM
And? Since when is the All-Star Game anything more than a beauty pageant?

Frontman
05-31-2007, 10:06 PM
Crede is leading in WS votes? That's a pretty sad statement on the state of Sox baseball, considering he has been horrid up until this week.

A. Cavatica
05-31-2007, 10:11 PM
I will not be voting for a single Sox player this year.

LongLiveFisk
05-31-2007, 10:14 PM
And? Since when is the All-Star Game anything more than a beauty pageant?

My thoughts exactly. This is the same type of crap we see every year. Everyone should know the drill by now.

eriqjaffe
05-31-2007, 11:43 PM
And? Since when is the All-Star Game anything more than a beauty pageant?I guess the Jeter skin creme is worth it, then.

Crede is leading in WS votes? That's a pretty sad statement on the state of Sox baseball, considering he has been horrid up until this week.There is nobody on the offensive side of the ball who deserves to be within 800 miles of San Francisco.

Well, maybe Jim Thome can hang out in Lake Tahoe or something.