PDA

View Full Version : Monday's Game time

DaBearsSoxBulls3
05-31-2007, 09:29 AM
Is this a joke?? We changed the start of the game to accommodate that biased piece of trash network and that washed up steroid user??? What about the people who work and can't make it to a 6 o'clock game? This is ridiculous!!

salty99
05-31-2007, 09:31 AM
This is old news.

DaBearsSoxBulls3
05-31-2007, 09:35 AM
This is old news.

Evidently not to everyone.

Fenway
05-31-2007, 09:36 AM
What is the over under on how many people show up expecting a 7:11 start?

I will put the number at 5000

Hitmen77
05-31-2007, 09:39 AM
I'm more angry that tonight's game time in Toronto has been moved from 6:05 to 6:07. This is just a cheap promotional sellout paid for some Canadian convenience store chain called "Six-O-Seven"

DaBearsSoxBulls3
05-31-2007, 09:39 AM
What is the over under on how many people show up expecting a 7:11 start?

I will put the number at 5000

More like they knew it started at 6 but couldn't make it that early.

russ99
05-31-2007, 09:42 AM
Tickets are marked TBA. I'm just glad it didn't end up a day game.

Let's hope all the bandwagony Yankee fans show up at 7:11.

DaBearsSoxBulls3
05-31-2007, 09:44 AM
Tickets are marked TBA. I'm just glad it didn't end up a day game.

Let's hope all the bandwagony Yankee fans show up at 7:11.

My tickets were marked 7:11.

itsnotrequired
05-31-2007, 10:01 AM
My tickets were marked 7:11.

Wht do you mean "were" marked? Did you throw them away?

The game was picked up by ESPN before Clemens even announced his return. This is a non-story.

CHISOXFAN13
05-31-2007, 11:12 AM
Is this a joke?? We changed the start of the game to accommodate that biased piece of trash network and that washed up steroid user??? What about the people who work and can't make it to a 6 o'clock game? This is ridiculous!!

If you had a clue, you'd realize this game was changed a long time ago.

Heaven forbid the White Sox get a national TV slot. People bitch if they aren't on and bitch when they are. The act gets tiresome.

kevingrt
05-31-2007, 11:27 AM
Whether or not you knew or didn't know, like or dislike ESPN, 6:00 starts still suck.

DaBearsSoxBulls3
05-31-2007, 11:28 AM

Heaven forbid the White Sox get a national TV slot. People bitch if they aren't on and bitch when they are. The act gets tiresome.

I hate when the White Sox are on ESPN, there announcers are horrid.

roadrunner
05-31-2007, 11:32 AM

the white sox did not "get a national TV slot". the white sox just happen to be playing the yankees, who once again are getting the national TV slot.

I think it sucks that the game is at 6. For most people, it is going to be next to impossible to get there on time - especially if they are trying to drive. Even with advance planning it is going to painful to try and negotiate and get there on time. Screw the yankees and the yankee butt licking network.

DaBearsSoxBulls3
05-31-2007, 11:36 AM
Whether or not you knew or didn't know, like or dislike ESPN, 6:00 starts still suck.

Yeah they do. If everything goes right, I MIGHT make it by 6:30, but does anything ever goes as planned anymore. (And Clemens will probably be done by then, that washed up user)

itsnotrequired
05-31-2007, 11:39 AM
the white sox did not "get a national TV slot". the white sox just happen to be playing the yankees, who once again are getting the national TV slot.

I think it sucks that the game is at 6. For most people, it is going to be next to impossible to get there on time - especially if they are trying to drive. Even with advance planning it is going to painful to try and negotiate and get there on time. Screw the yankees and the yankee butt licking network.

As of today, the Sox have four games on ESPN this season. Only one of them is against the Yankees. Two are against Detroit. Screw Detroit and the Detroit butt licking network.

:rolleyes:

Out of market fans love these games as it allows them to see their team on TV. If it is against the Yankees, then so be it.

itsnotrequired
05-31-2007, 11:41 AM
Yeah they do. If everything goes right, I MIGHT make it by 6:30, but does anything ever goes as planned anymore. (And Clemens will probably be done by then, that washed up user)

Jeez, quite the ax you're grinding here. For me, the 6:00 start time works much better. I get home earlier and don't have to kill three hours worth of time between getting off work at 4:00 and a 7:00 start. The Sox screw me on the regular.

DaBearsSoxBulls3
05-31-2007, 11:46 AM
Jeez, quite the ax you're grinding here. For me, the 6:00 start time works much better. I get home earlier and don't have to kill three hours worth of time between getting off work at 4:00 and a 7:00 start. The Sox screw me on the regular.

Yeah, but most people don't get off at four.

I just found out about this...that's why I'm pissed.

jenn2080
05-31-2007, 11:53 AM

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

I get off at 5:30. Stop crying about the game time. The game time was changed almost 2 months ago.

ilsox7
05-31-2007, 11:56 AM

I suggest you e-mail Brooks and tell him what a big meanie the White Sox are on a regular basis to you. It is simply unacceptable that they cannot accommodate every single fan at every game.

salty99
05-31-2007, 11:56 AM

Just because YOU just found out doesn't mean this wasn't advertised a while ago. :whiner:

Mr.1Dog
05-31-2007, 11:59 AM
Damn...I took the day off thinking it was a 205 start...:rolleyes:

skottyj242
05-31-2007, 12:30 PM

I'm with ya guy. Damn White Sox always screwing the little guy and making us drink for three hours until the game. What are we gonna do with only two hours to kill on Monday?

DumpJerry
05-31-2007, 12:38 PM
Become a Cub fan. They won't be on too many ESPN games this year......

WizardsofOzzie
05-31-2007, 01:30 PM

Show up to work an hour early and leave an hour early if you can. Thats what I do when I want to leave early

itsnotrequired
05-31-2007, 01:33 PM
What are we gonna do with only two hours to kill on Monday?

Watch five episodes of Seinfeld while fast forwarding through the commercials.

skottyj242
05-31-2007, 01:42 PM
Watch five episodes of Seinfeld while fast forwarding through the commercials.

We are going together. correct?

roadrunner
05-31-2007, 04:20 PM
As of today, the Sox have four games on ESPN this season. Only one of them is against the Yankees. Two are against Detroit. Screw Detroit and the Detroit butt licking network.

Out of market fans love these games as it allows them to see their team on TV. If it is against the Yankees, then so be it.

whatever dude - you haven't noticed the yankees are on all the time?

In case you haven't noticed out of market fans are now able to watch their team anytime they want (mlb.com and direct tv). They don't have to sit around and wait for their team to play the yankees. Additionally, it's annoying for baseball fans who wouldn't mine watching a game between two teams not from the bronx. You are right about one thing - screw detroit.

itsnotrequired
05-31-2007, 04:29 PM
whatever dude - you haven't noticed the yankees are on all the time?

In case you haven't noticed out of market fans are now able to watch their team anytime they want (mlb.com and direct tv). They don't have to sit around and wait for their team to play the yankees. Additionally, it's annoying for baseball fans who wouldn't mine watching a game between two teams not from the bronx. You are right about one thing - screw detroit.

The Yankees were on often early in the season due to all the Red Sox-Yankees series in April and May. How are the looking for the rest of the season? They are on only four more times. The Cardinals are on four times as well. So are the Phillies.

I also hadn't noticed that Extra Innings was available for out-of-market fans. That's on basic cable, correct? And MLB.tv is part of a standard high-speed internet connection, if I'm not mistaken.

Whatever, indeed...

roadrunner
05-31-2007, 05:02 PM
The Yankees were on often early in the season due to all the Red Sox-Yankees series in April and May. How are the looking for the rest of the season? They are on only four more times. The Cardinals are on four times as well. So are the Phillies.

I also hadn't noticed that Extra Innings was available for out-of-market fans. That's on basic cable, correct? And MLB.tv is part of a standard high-speed internet connection, if I'm not mistaken.

Whatever, indeed...

What are the total number of times the yanks are on espn? You have to count the Red Sox games.

Basic cable isn't free either.

The six pm time sucks for almost everyone except you, espn and yankee fans. I'm sorry if you feel "screwed" by a 7pm start. That's the standard weekday start time in every time zone in the country and for good reasons. Those reasons are apparently trumped by the yankees and the great roger clemens. That's all I'm trying to say - what exactly is your point?

jenn2080
05-31-2007, 05:24 PM
What are the total number of times the yanks are on espn? You have to count the Red Sox games.

The six pm time sucks for almost everyone except you, espn and yankee fans. I'm sorry if you feel "screwed" by a 7pm start. That's the standard weekday start time in every time zone in the country and for good reasons. Those reasons are apparently trumped by the yankees and the great roger clemens. That's all I'm trying to say - what exactly is your point?

It seems there is only a few people complaining about the time so it does seem to be ok with the majority. This game has been a 6:05 game for quite some time and way before Roger came into the picture. Get over it.

soxwon
05-31-2007, 05:27 PM
It seems there is only a few people complaining about the time so it does seem to be ok with the majority. This game has been a 6:05 game for quite some time and way before Roger came into the picture. Get over it.

or there will be 40,000 fans who can make it to the game on time.
Huh Jenn? Backatcha!!!

DumpJerry
05-31-2007, 05:45 PM
The six pm time sucks for almost everyone except you, espn and yankee fans.
The time works for me, too.

By the way, I'm in the Central time zone.

salty99
05-31-2007, 07:58 PM

I love this start time!:supernana:

itsnotrequired
05-31-2007, 08:32 PM

Beats me how many times they are on. But I can't really fault them for wanting to show the most succesful franchise in sports history playing in the largest market and having the largest fan base. What do you want, more Orioles-Royals games?

And how many people purchase basic cable with the sole hope that their baseball team will be shown on ESPN?

Me, ESPN and Yankee fans go way back.

I have no problem with 7:11 starts. If I did, I wouldn't go to the games. A 6:00 start works better for me though so I'm not going to complain. You seem to be likening it to the bombing of Pearl Harbor. Gimmie a break...