PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Cry Jays

getonbckthr
05-31-2007, 12:21 AM
Toronto is crying because in todays game a pop up was hit the 3rd baseman and SS were both after it. Arod as he ran by yelled, "HAAAAAAA" then both Jays let the ball dropped. They were complaining for Arod yelling. Catch the ****ing ball piss asses.

QCIASOXFAN
05-31-2007, 12:23 AM
The funniest part is that they actually fell for it.

getonbckthr
05-31-2007, 12:24 AM
I put this in the same category as Uribe's deeks (sp) at SS. If your stupid enough to fall for it you deserve to mess up.

chisoxmike
05-31-2007, 12:29 AM
They should feel better when they see that they get to play us for four games this weekend.

WhiteSox5187
05-31-2007, 12:31 AM
Well, now we know how to make 'em miss infield popups.

StillMissOzzie
05-31-2007, 12:33 AM
It is kinda funny, but it stinks of desperation on A-Rod and the Yankmees' part.

SMO
:?:

WhiteSox5187
05-31-2007, 12:47 AM
Another somewhat Blue Jay related question...why don't the Blue Jays wear blue?

SoXPriDe33
05-31-2007, 01:15 AM
Another somewhat Blue Jay related question...why don't the Blue Jays wear blue?

Why do the White Sox wear black socks? :redneck

FireMariotti
05-31-2007, 01:23 AM
Their right, AROD should have directed one of the players to get out of the way so the other could make the play.

Ten-year-olds won't even fall for this trick. MLB players do:o: ?

Nellie_Fox
05-31-2007, 01:23 AM
The way I heard it, ARod yelled "I got it." That's pretty bush.

NSSoxFan
05-31-2007, 01:26 AM

Did he get hit in next AB?

DumpJerry
05-31-2007, 01:35 AM
Now I understand what went wrong.

They heard a rumor A-Rod had been traded to them.:tongue:

Deking players is old. Surprised it still works at the professional level.

QCIASOXFAN
05-31-2007, 01:44 AM
I agree, that would be considered bush league in a softball beer league.

WhiteSox5187
05-31-2007, 02:16 AM
I agree, that would be considered bush league in a softball beer league.
If you're dumb enough to fall for that as infielder, shame on you. I know it's hard going after a pop up (I have horrible depth perception, which is why I never played outfield) but I could still tell where the voice was coming from. In HS guys used to do this all the time, but it'd be like "Well that shout came from in front of me...I don't think the pitcher would be running to the outfield grass to make this play..."

Soxfanspcu11
05-31-2007, 05:39 AM

I'm sorry, but I completely disagree here!

So what if he said, "I got it"??? Who cares??? These are MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL PLAYERS!!! They should not be confused or distracted by ANY sounds, whether they come from the players, coaches or from the stands!

I would agree that it is not the most "professional" thing to do, but if it works, it works! It's not illegal, and if that's the case, then it is perfectly in-bounds! Who cares if it's not "sportsman-like"! Big ****ing deal! In my mind, it was a GREAT play by A-ROD! If it's not illegal, then go for it! WHATEVER it takes to win!!

Hell, I think it would be cool if infielders yelled, "HEY BATTER BATTER, HEY BATTER BATTER, SWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNGGG BATTER!!!!!!!!!"..........................okay..........well maybe not, but still. I don't see any prob with this.

So long as A-ROD is not knocking balls out of fielders mitts, it's all good baby!

DumpJerry
05-31-2007, 07:45 AM
When the Sox were at bat in the 2nd inning of Game Two of the World Series I chanted "rally rally, pitcher's name is Sally!" and the next thing I knew it, Clemens left the game.

Soxfanspcu11
05-31-2007, 07:59 AM
When the Sox were at bat in the 2nd inning of Game Two of the World Series I chanted "rally rally, pitcher's name is Sally!" and the next thing I knew it, Clemens left the game.

OMG!!! That was you?!?!

I was hanging out with Clemens in December of '05 and he told me that he heard someone call him "Sally". And then when that happened, his pride in his tremendous man-hood was SEVERLY affected! And that in turn resulted in his "injury".

Turns out, he wasn't actually injured! It seems that he was bullied in the 6th grade by a guy named Lamare who constantly called him "Sally" and then Lamare would beat the crap out of him and steal his milk money. This continued for the entire school year and it nearly caused him to transfer schools!

He finally overcame it as an adult, but he required therapy 3 times a week in order to suppress the memory and function properly. However, when he heard someone in the stands yell "Sally!", he thought that it was Lamare and he freaked! There was no way that he could go on pitching the game, thinking that Lamare was in the stands, waiting to jump him!

Way to go man! Your comment forever altered history and helped to contribute to the Sox World Series victory!!! You deserve a ring my man!!!:supernana:

mrfourni
05-31-2007, 08:24 AM

Clemens pitched in Game 1

Hitmen77
05-31-2007, 09:53 AM
I heard AJ put A-Rod up to this. The MN Star-Tribune has a copy of the text message he sent to A-Rod putting him up to this. Now, Toronto is going to coming out all fired up against the Sox because of that dastardly Pierzynski.

Iwritecode
05-31-2007, 10:04 AM

I was funny when this guy did it...

http://blogs.nydailynews.com/giants/archives/WillieMaysHayes.jpg

Fenway
05-31-2007, 10:16 AM
judge for yourself

9hYZA_s_E8M

'Bush league' or brilliant? (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/)

brewcrew/chisox
05-31-2007, 10:18 AM

This is how I saw it, and I'd have to agree. Players yell these things so that others don't get hurt. This is as bad as what Jag-Rod did in the 2004 ALCS IMO.

And for those here saying that it was within the rules:

From the official rulebook:

(a) Offensive interference is an act by the team at bat which interferes with, obstructs, impedes,hinders or confuses any fielder attempting to make a play. If the umpire declares the batter, batter- runner, or a runner out for interference, all other runners shall return to the last base that was in the judgment of the umpire, legally touched at the time of the interference, unless otherwise provided by these rules.

The Bone
05-31-2007, 10:51 AM
I am not lip reader, but watching it on Youtube, it sure doesn't look like he called I got it. It just looks like he yelled something, one syllable.

chaerulez
05-31-2007, 11:08 AM

I'm sorry, but I completely disagree here!

So what if he said, "I got it"??? Who cares??? These are MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL PLAYERS!!! They should not be confused or distracted by ANY sounds, whether they come from the players, coaches or from the stands!

I would agree that it is not the most "professional" thing to do, but if it works, it works! It's not illegal, and if that's the case, then it is perfectly in-bounds! Who cares if it's not "sportsman-like"! Big ****ing deal! In my mind, it was a GREAT play by A-ROD! If it's not illegal, then go for it! WHATEVER it takes to win!!

Hell, I think it would be cool if infielders yelled, "HEY BATTER BATTER, HEY BATTER BATTER, SWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNGGG BATTER!!!!!!!!!"..........................okay..........well maybe not, but still. I don't see any prob with this.

So long as A-ROD is not knocking balls out of fielders mitts, it's all good baby!

"I got it" is bush because if you hear that, you will probably back off the play to avoid a collision with another player. And yeah, there are unwritten rules in baseball, follow them or get hit in the ribs next time you're up to bat. If he just yelled HA! or something like that, that's fine. "I got it" is pretty different.

D. TODD
05-31-2007, 11:15 AM
Yelling I got it or yelling "cut" on a throw to a base can be considered interference and the hitter/runner is called out. Now, A- Rod clearly did not not do this, he did yell something, but from the close-up replay it does look like a random "HAAAAA" or something like that which is perfectly legal and done all the time.

I recall Derek Jeter catching some flack from the White Sox a few years back for yelling while leading of third and coaxing a balk from a Sox pitcher to score the go-ahead and eventual winning run in the ninth inning. I remember Hawk and some Sox players calling it "bush", but I disagree.

Dan Mega
05-31-2007, 11:33 AM
Personally I find this to be hilarious! :cool:

ND_Sox_Fan
05-31-2007, 11:56 AM
"I got it" is bush because if you hear that, you will probably back off the play to avoid a collision with another player. And yeah, there are unwritten rules in baseball, follow them or get hit in the ribs next time you're up to bat. If he just yelled HA! or something like that, that's fine. "I got it" is pretty different.

I think he said "mine" - same difference. I actually like the move on his part, but this is where the commissioner's office has ruined the game. In the pre-suspension, fine, ejection game, he would have taken one in the ribs or Giambi (next batter) would have. However, Bud Light has taken away all opportunity for the defense to retaliate.

Sure the Jays could try to slide hard into third on him, or on the second baseman on a DP, but nothing sends a signal and the message like an obvious plunking.

Luke
05-31-2007, 12:18 PM

Completely bush, and completely unprofesional.

If you're dumb enough to fall for that as infielder, shame on you. I know it's hard going after a pop up (I have horrible depth perception, which is why I never played outfield) but I could still tell where the voice was coming from. In HS guys used to do this all the time, but it'd be like "Well that shout came from in front of me...I don't think the pitcher would be running to the outfield grass to make this play..."

Yeah, you shouldn't fall for it, but maybe two guys collide next time because they ignored a voice yelling "I got it" because they thought it was a runner. It's a safety thing. I played in HS and I play baseball still, I'd expect the person yelling to get one in the ribs his next time up.

brewcrew/chisox
05-31-2007, 12:18 PM
I think he said "mine" - same difference. I actually like the move on his part, but this is where the commissioner's office has ruined the game. In the pre-suspension, fine, ejection game, he would have taken one in the ribs or Giambi (next batter) would have. However, Bud Light has taken away all opportunity for the defense to retaliate.

Sure the Jays could try to slide hard into third on him, or on the second baseman on a DP, but nothing sends a signal and the message like an obvious plunking.

I believe this play happened in the 9th inning of the last game of the series so the Jays didn't get the chance to plunk A-Rod. I am sure he will get one between the ribs the next time the two teams meet....You know, thinking about it, it would probably be better to hit Giambi because then you get him pissed at A-Rod for pulling that crap. You do stuff like that, people are going to get hurt, whether it be during the play or afterwards.

goon
05-31-2007, 12:21 PM
There have been a few occasions of Juan Uribe telling baserunners rounding second that the flyball they were running on was caught causing them to stop and look back.

Personally, I thought it was hilarious.

brewcrew/chisox
05-31-2007, 12:23 PM

How are these two situations different...I mean in terms of being acceptable?

Paulwny
05-31-2007, 01:01 PM
FWIW

From the NY Daily News:
It's baseball; it's not like he said, 'I got it.' He just made a noise," Torre said. "When catchers come over to the opposite dugout, everybody is saying, 'I got it, I got it!' and he manages to catch it anyway."
Troy Glaus, the Blue Jays' regular third baseman and a 10-year veteran, was appalled by the play.
"Not since I think 'Major League II,' the movie; I think that's the only time I've ever seen it on the field," Glaus said. "I've never heard of someone doing it and I've never seen anybody do it. That's not proper. That's not the right thing to do

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2007/05/31/2007-05-31_untitled__y31s-2.html

Chicken Dinner
05-31-2007, 01:28 PM
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/_photos/2004-10-20-arod-arroyo.jpg

He has been known to cheat.

thomas35forever
05-31-2007, 01:37 PM
A-Rod can get away with anything, even his salary.

Fenway
05-31-2007, 01:54 PM
A Boston Globe blogger suggests

If Iím the Yankees, I try and find out now if the White Sox, Cubs, or Angels have any interest in taking on the second half of this seasonís contract and risk losing him to free agency in the fall. At this point, why keep him around? Heís not only an embarrassment for your franchise, but it isnít like heís exactly tearing the cover off the ball either, hitting just .235 for the month after his torrid start.
http://www.boston.com/sports/nesn/wilbur/sports_blog/blog/2007/05/31/president_of_bushleague/index.html

The Immigrant
05-31-2007, 02:06 PM
If A.J. did this we'd all think it was friggin' hilarious.

soxfan13
05-31-2007, 02:34 PM

Hit that one right on the head:gulp:

IndianWhiteSox
05-31-2007, 02:36 PM

No, it would be more of:

"That's why AJ is the man! I'm so glad he is on our team!"
"AJP should be in the Hall of Fame just for that play alone!"

oeo
05-31-2007, 02:57 PM

I think it's hilarious that A-Rod did it. :dunno:

That can be considered cheating, but this incident can not. All he did was yell something, that's not cheating.

brewcrew/chisox
05-31-2007, 03:26 PM
I think it's hilarious that A-Rod did it. :dunno:

That can be considered cheating, but this incident can not. All he did was yell something, that's not cheating.

Again, read the league rule that I posted earlier. It IS cheating.

WhiteSoxJunkie
05-31-2007, 04:08 PM
I didn't think it was that big of a deal until I read the rules that a previous poster posted. Now it seems like it is cheating although I doubt yelling at a fielder would ever be strictly enforced unless it was happening quite often.

ND_Sox_Fan
05-31-2007, 04:13 PM
I believe this play happened in the 9th inning of the last game of the series so the Jays didn't get the chance to plunk A-Rod. I am sure he will get one between the ribs the next time the two teams meet....You know, thinking about it, it would probably be better to hit Giambi because then you get him pissed at A-Rod for pulling that crap. You do stuff like that, people are going to get hurt, whether it be during the play or afterwards.

I doubt Giambi would be upset with A-Rod for helping an insurance run score in the 9th, if it was the 9th.

On the so called "cheating" issue - the third base umpire had to have been standing right there. If he wanted to rule it "interference", he would have. How is any of this any different from Dick Butkis calling "hut" from his middle-linebacker position?

Oh and on the issue of "safety" - the guys on the field are not a collection of 6 year olds that need to use a safety ball or special padding to protect them. By the time one's name is added to a major league roster, one had better be compotent enough to handle a pop-up, no matter what the fans or the other team is saying. Getting on the opposing pitcher in high school and college is common practice - it is no different. It is called concentration. This clown at third should be embarrassed for falling for it.

D. TODD
05-31-2007, 04:19 PM

I'm amazed how some people think that play is cheating. Hell, he slapped the ball out of the fielders glove, and put the onus on the umpires to make the call. You guys sound like Cub fans claiming that Jermaine Dye cheated because he took first base when the ball hit his bat instead of his arm and was awarded 1st base in the world series.

That play A-Rod made was fine, he was going to be out and he slapped the ball loose, which by rule made him out anyway . Hell nice try with little chance of getting away with it, but it's in NO WAY CHEATING!!!!!!

Did Reggie Jackson cheat when he stuck his hip out to break up the throw for a double play in the world series against the Dodgers. HELL NO, he made a blatant interference play that the umpires blew, and it helped the Yanks win the game and the series.

In this last case A-ROD is only wrong if he called "I got it", but it is obvious from replays he merely yelled as he went by which is done all the time. Quit:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

I've been involved coaching high school games etc. where the interference rule was enforced by yelling "cut" on a throw home from the dugout (against our team), I guess I didn't do my job explaining that rule (which I was very aware of, to my kids until it burned us), also i was involved when yelling "I got it" hurt an opposing team after our shortstop allowed the ball to drop. That rule would have been enforced if A- ROD did that. Merely yelling as you run by IS NOT INTERFERENCE by rule.

Luke
05-31-2007, 05:21 PM
I doubt Giambi would be upset with A-Rod for helping an insurance run score in the 9th, if it was the 9th.

On the so called "cheating" issue - the third base umpire had to have been standing right there. If he wanted to rule it "interference", he would have. How is any of this any different from Dick Butkis calling "hut" from his middle-linebacker position?

Oh and on the issue of "safety" - the guys on the field are not a collection of 6 year olds that need to use a safety ball or special padding to protect them. By the time one's name is added to a major league roster, one had better be compotent enough to handle a pop-up, no matter what the fans or the other team is saying. Getting on the opposing pitcher in high school and college is common practice - it is no different. It is called concentration. This clown at third should be embarrassed for falling for it.

What Butkis did is now illegal. Just like trying to induce a false start.

Getting on the pitcher and calling "I got it" when you're running the bases aren't the same thing. I've never seen a coach dress down a player for getting on a pitcher.

Didn't we just see Ryan Freel carried off the field in a stretcher from a collision? I think he's pretty competent in the OF, yet collisions occur. It may not be the biggest safety hazard out there, but it is one.

If he just yelled some nonsense fine, 3B should have caught it. If he yelled "mine" or "I got it" it's a cheap action from a cheap player.

ND_Sox_Fan
05-31-2007, 05:29 PM
What Butkis did is now illegal. Just like trying to induce a false start.

What Butkis did is now illegal, yes - but not at the time he did it. Was it still cheating? No, it would have been considered gamesmanship from a great player.

Getting on the pitcher and calling "I got it" when you're running the bases aren't the same thing. I've never seen a coach dress down a player for getting on a pitcher.

They are both in an effort to confuse the opponent (i.e. force them to lose concentration); therefore, the intent is the same. I have never seen a coach dress-down a player for helping an insurance run score in the 9th.

Didn't we just see Ryan Freel carried off the field in a stretcher from a collision? I think he's pretty competent in the OF, yet collisions occur. It may not be the biggest safety hazard out there, but it is one.

It happens, communication breaks down and guys collide at top speed. It is part of the game, regardless of the cause. It usually doesn't happen when a guy is camped under a ball on the infield.

If he just yelled some nonsense fine, 3B should have caught it. If he yelled "mine" or "I got it" it's a cheap action from a cheap player.

Whether it is legal or illegal is debatable under the rules; however, it was not called by an umpire who was less than 10 feet from the play. If the third baseman heard it enough to back away from the ball, then the umpire clearly heard it. The onus is not on A-rod, it is on the umpire for not calling it.

This is just a case of gamesmanship.

Luke
05-31-2007, 05:59 PM
They are both in an effort to confuse the opponent (i.e. force them to lose concentration); therefore, the intent is the same. I have never seen a coach dress-down a player for helping an insurance run score in the 9th.

I've never seen a coach dress down a player for helping an insurance run score in the 9th either, but that's not what I'm refering to.

Ultimately, the intent of any action in a baseball game is the same; to help your team win. I don't however, think that puts these two things in the same category, and I don't think it justifies resorting to yelling "I got it"

Getting in a pitcher's head is fine, aside from youth baseball, there's no rules or regulations as to what you can say to a pitcher, or how nasty you want to be.That I believe, is gamesmanship, I don't see it a lot, but enough, and I can appreciate it.

What makes this case stand out (at least to me) is that I've never heard of this on the MLB level. As a matter of fact, I've seen it one time,since I was a kid on any field at all (slow pitch softball...guy was a jerk for other reasons). If it was that common, or part of the game, it wouldn't stand out, and no one on the Jays would be that put off by it.

Again, should the 3B have caught it? Of course. He should have known that was his ball anyway, even if the SS (or baserunner) called for it.

WhiteSox5187
05-31-2007, 07:06 PM
Completely bush, and completely unprofesional.

Yeah, you shouldn't fall for it, but maybe two guys collide next time because they ignored a voice yelling "I got it" because they thought it was a runner. It's a safety thing. I played in HS and I play baseball still, I'd expect the person yelling to get one in the ribs his next time up.
Our pitchers on my high school team weren't good enough to intentionally hit someone!!

It's a tricky thing, obviously but like in situations like that when I thought I heard another guy calling for the ball I would just scream at the top of my lungs "No! It's mine!" I mean, if it was a play like where I had to run back on it, it was different, but that play with A-Rod was just a routine pop up that CLEARLY belonged to the third basmen and the SS should be standing behind him just in case it hit off his mitt or something. It was a silly thing for A-Rod to do but the fact that it work against major leaguers is sad. It's one thing for that to work in little league or high school, but to work in the pros? THat's just bad baseball.

Patrick134
05-31-2007, 07:29 PM

Mrs. Rodriguez ?

ND_Sox_Fan
06-01-2007, 12:24 AM
Mrs. Rodriguez ?

Oh, you must be talking about his sister that he took out to dinner the other night in Toronto.

D. TODD
06-01-2007, 09:58 AM
Oh, you must be talking about his sister that he took out to dinner the other night in Toronto. Now that is some bull**** journalism which may hurt the New York teams in the future. How in the hell is that news! If every player now has to worry about being front page news in New York for who he "hangs out" with on the road then why would anyone go there. All teams have their slump busters and groupies on the road. The A-Rod jealousy and outright "hating" never ceases to amaze me.

Luke
06-01-2007, 09:58 AM

I glossed right over this yesterday. Good point, it wasn't that long ago that this stuff worked itself out on the field.

itsnotrequired
06-01-2007, 10:05 AM
I glossed right over this yesterday. Good point, it wasn't that long ago that this stuff worked itself out on the field.

I wouldn't blame Selig. I would blame the owners. They are paying millions for their stars and don't want them injured.

mjharrison72
06-01-2007, 10:37 AM
This is how I saw it, and I'd have to agree. Players yell these things so that others don't get hurt. This is as bad as what Jag-Rod did in the 2004 ALCS IMO.

And for those here saying that it was within the rules:

From the official rulebook:

(a) Offensive interference is an act by the team at bat which interferes with, obstructs, impedes,hinders or confuses any fielder attempting to make a play. If the umpire declares the batter, batter- runner, or a runner out for interference, all other runners shall return to the last base that was in the judgment of the umpire, legally touched at the time of the interference, unless otherwise provided by these rules.

While I agree that what Rodriguez did could be constituted as interference, I think you may have confused a couple of rules together. Official rules that include interference are here: http://www.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/official_rules/runner_7.jsp
And the only place where they mention "confusing" the fielder is in 7.09 (c): "(c) Any member or members of the offensive team stand or gather around any base to which a runner is advancing, to confuse, hinder or add to the difficulty of the fielders. Such runner shall be declared out for the interference of his teammate or teammates;"

brewcrew/chisox
06-01-2007, 10:50 AM
While I agree that what Rodriguez did could be constituted as interference, I think you may have confused a couple of rules together. Official rules that include interference are here: http://www.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/official_rules/runner_7.jsp
And the only place where they mention "confusing" the fielder is in 7.09 (c): "(c) Any member or members of the offensive team stand or gather around any base to which a runner is advancing, to confuse, hinder or add to the difficulty of the fielders. Such runner shall be declared out for the interference of his teammate or teammates;"

No, that's not the one I meant. What you reference is about helping the runner, not hindering the fielder. Here is the link to 'the definintion of terms' section of the MLB official rules. Go to 'interference'. 'Offensive interference' is the first rule (under 'a'). http://www.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/official_rules/definition_terms_2.jsp

mjharrison72
06-01-2007, 02:04 PM
No, that's not the one I meant. What you reference is about helping the runner, not hindering the fielder. Here is the link to 'the definintion of terms' section of the MLB official rules. Go to 'interference'. 'Offensive interference' is the first rule (under 'a'). http://www.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/official_rules/definition_terms_2.jsp

My bad... I didn't see the definitions list. I still think it was iffy whether he violated the "official" rules. Seems bush-league, though. And sad from a player of his caliber.

IlliniSox4Life
06-01-2007, 11:23 PM
I think it was a heads up play by Arod if he just yelled "HA". If he yelled "I got it" or "mine", then it's a little more questionable, but I haven't decided yet if I think it's wrong or not. I can see why people would though.

itsnotrequired
06-01-2007, 11:29 PM
I think it was a heads up play by Arod if he just yelled "HA". If he yelled "I got it" or "mine", then it's a little more questionable, but I haven't decided yet if I think it's wrong or not. I can see why people would though.

Maybe he swallowed a bug. I hear it is bug season in the Great White North.

FarWestChicago
06-02-2007, 07:04 AM
Maybe he swallowed a bug. I hear it is bug season in the Great White North.Toronto is about the same latitude as Madison. It's not really "North". :cool:

Nellie_Fox
06-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Toronto is about the same latitude as Madison. It's not really "North". :cool:I'm considerably further north than Toronto.

FarWestChicago
06-02-2007, 09:05 PM
I'm considerably further north than Toronto.Yes you are. :cool:

BoysMom3
06-03-2007, 12:10 AM
OMG!!! That was you?!?!

I was hanging out with Clemens in December of '05 and he told me that he heard someone call him "Sally". And then when that happened, his pride in his tremendous man-hood was SEVERLY affected! And that in turn resulted in his "injury".

Turns out, he wasn't actually injured! It seems that he was bullied in the 6th grade by a guy named Lamare who constantly called him "Sally" and then Lamare would beat the crap out of him and steal his milk money. This continued for the entire school year and it nearly caused him to transfer schools!

He finally overcame it as an adult, but he required therapy 3 times a week in order to suppress the memory and function properly. However, when he heard someone in the stands yell "Sally!", he thought that it was Lamare and he freaked! There was no way that he could go on pitching the game, thinking that Lamare was in the stands, waiting to jump him!

Way to go man! Your comment forever altered history and helped to contribute to the Sox World Series victory!!! You deserve a ring my man!!!:supernana:

You guys are TOO funny! You're killing me!! I had to read that whole thing to my husband out loud, and we're LOL!!

StillMissOzzie
06-03-2007, 03:08 AM

OMG!!! That was you?!?!

Just think of the psychological damage you could have inflicted with "We want a pitcher, not a belly itcher". And Soxfanspcu11, that was a GREAT story!

SMO
:D:

IndianWhiteSox
06-03-2007, 06:46 AM
OMG!!! That was you?!?!

:o:

What a complete pansy that guy is! But according to everyone at ESPN, he's the iron-man who can pitch a no- hitter blindfolded with his left arm and right hand amputated.