PDA

View Full Version : Sox minor leaguers ready for the majors?

Frater Perdurabo
05-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Question for the scouts on here: which of the following players might be ready (or close to being ready) to contribute in the majors, regardless of who might be filling their position on the Sox major league roster? (I'm not listing Sweeney, because he does seem to be ready, and we all know Anderson is working on his hitting.) I'll list some, and I'd sure like your comments on the readiness of each. If they are not ready, what do they still need to prove before you would deem them ready? Finally, are there any others who might be ready who I have not listed?

Fields?

Getz?

Russell? (perhaps in the Sox bullpen?)

Gio? (ditto?)

Egbert? (ditto?)

Vasquez (ditto?)

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Daver
05-30-2007, 05:38 PM
Question for the scouts on here: which of the following players might be ready (or close to being ready) to contribute in the majors, regardless of who might be filling their position on the Sox major league roster? (I'm not listing Sweeney, because he does seem to be ready, and we all know Anderson is working on his hitting.) I'll list some, and I'd sure like your comments on the readiness of each. If they are not ready, what do they still need to prove before you would deem them ready? Finally, are there any others who might be ready who I have not listed?

Fields?

Getz?

Russell? (perhaps in the Sox bullpen?)

Gio? (ditto?)

Egbert? (ditto?)

Vasquez (ditto?)

Thanks for any info you can provide.

I would not call Sweeney ready, like Anderson he is overmatched by Major League pitching, but you don't hit MLB pitching in the minors, so he is in-between.

Fields would be close, playing third base, no way would I consider him ready at any other position.

I haven't seen enough of Getz to make a decision, same for Russell and Egbert.

Gio could be called up to spot start, and not be a terrible choice, but he would have to be on a short leash and I wouldn't expect to last past five innings.

Vasquez could perform out of the bullpen now, he would fit right in with the rest of the arms out there having control issues.

soxfanreggie
06-01-2007, 03:48 PM
From my own observations and talking to some others, Fields could play, but you're not going to replace Crede or put him at an OF/DH position. Look for him to be a late season call up (as of the present time) and for the Sox to have a tough decision in the contract negotiations for Crede.

UserNameBlank
06-01-2007, 10:58 PM
From my own observations and talking to some others, Fields could play, but you're not going to replace Crede or put him at an OF/DH position. Look for him to be a late season call up (as of the present time) and for the Sox to have a tough decision in the contract negotiations for Crede.
With Crede's back problems I don't think that's a tough decision at all. He gone.