PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Walk in the park postgame thread!

Pages : [1] 2

thomas35forever
05-30-2007, 04:00 PM
No words are deserved.:angry::whiner:

Justagirl
05-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Welllll, that sucked.

oeo
05-30-2007, 04:01 PM
Anybody want to wake up?

StrTrkker
05-30-2007, 04:01 PM
Man o Man...

This is not going good.

BeviBall!
05-30-2007, 04:02 PM
Summer days are made for walking, Ozzie out thinks himself yet again and we piss away a 5 run lead. Sounds about right for getaway day at the Twinkie Dome.

rdwj
Can't get much worse than that. This series had everything crappy pitching ,meltdowns, garbage hitting - just wonderful

INSox56
I LOVE YOU OZZIE!!!! This team is a ****ing joke so far this year.

PatK
I'm getting sick of this team waiting to get it all together.

SoxSpeed22
05-30-2007, 04:03 PM
I'll tell you one ****in' thing, the Sox, if they had bad luck it would be much better than what they had in this series.

whitesoxfan
05-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Here comes a rant.

**** these ****ing piece of **** Triple A pitchers that we have in our ****ing bullpen. Don't any of these pieces of **** have any control? Cooper needs to wake these *******s up. Absolutely unreal. How the hell do you lose a game on a walk?

Our record is fitting. We're not a great team, but we're not a completely bad team either. Something needs to happen or else 5 1/2 games out will become 10 1/2 in the blink of an eye.

peeonwrigley
05-30-2007, 04:04 PM
Teams like the Twins and Indians love to play the Sox. We have no toughness at all besides AJ. Its like our players expect bad **** to happen and walk around with a woe is me attitude.

They need to sack the **** up and play like champions.

Gammons Peter
I knew it was over an hour ago.

salty99
At a loss for words except to say..I'm at a loss for words.

QCIASOXFAN
That 9th inning was bad. I felt like I was watching my little brothers Pony team play the field. We have some very serious issues.

crazyozzie02
one simple little icon does it for this game: :puking:

Soxfest
05-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Fire moron Guillen today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!2006 is OVER people!:angry:

I LOVE YOU OZZIE!!!! This team is a ****ing joke so far this year.

How is it Ozzie's fault our pitchers can't throw strikes?

A.T. Money
I really can't say I'm surprised.

This team just isn't very good.

cws05champ
05-30-2007, 04:06 PM
I'll tell you one ****in' thing, the Sox, if they had bad luck it would be much better than what they had in this series.

There is no bad luck, just bad play!!!! The twins did everything right, made all the plays, bullpen pitched lights out. What's more to say....we suck beyond belief right now!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

thomas35forever
Lou Brown (http://imdb.com/name/nm0304000/): Taylor, it's not your job to make excuses. That's all you guys do good. It's either a *leg* thing or a *spiritual* thing, or a *psychological* thing, or a *heart attack*.
Jake Taylor (http://imdb.com/name/nm0000297/): Who used heart attack?
Lou Brown (http://imdb.com/name/nm0304000/): Me. (collapses from a heart attack)

AJ Hellraiser
4 straight losses=4th place

Anyone besides the extreme optimists think this team, as it is constructed, can still win the division???

This team hasn't been clicking since ASB 2006 and there are no if's, and's or but's about it...it's FACT

When they hit, they don't pitch... when they pitch, they can't hit.... and now they seem to have forgotten how to field the ball as well... Today, they stake "Ace" Garland to a 6-1 lead and can't hang onto it for more than a few innings.. that's a f***ing joke

I used to love watching the White Sox all the time... but I can't bring myself to watch this anymore... I'll be watching this weekend and hoping to see Frank Thomas hit 6 HR's in 3 games to reach 500 while being televised here... that's all I can do now, maybe in the process the Sox will shock me and win some games... doubtful though

that's why you're gone

Foulke You
Me too. When Garland lost it and walked 3 early in the game and they all came around to score, I had this bad feeling in my stomach that we were going to find a way to lose the ballgame.

Hendu
All you can do is laugh after a game like that. How fitting that it's a walk-off walk.

For all of the major flaws with this team, it's amazing that we're still at .500.

lumpyspun
The sad thing is, not one of those pitches was even close and we can complain that the ump boned us. That was just 4 straight awful pitches.

Medford Bobby
:angry: Wow, the Sox may out "suck" the Flubs......it's close:o:

05-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Ozzie out thinks himself yet again

Yeah it was totally his fault Aardsma threw 4 straight balls to Hunter.

chaotic8512
Couldn't be clearer that this one's on Ozzie. A lot of these games have been placed on him, and I really haven't been convinced that they should have been. But bringing in Aardsma IN A TIE GAME WITH THE BASES ****ING LOADED after his pants-pissing two days ago, where he showed absolutely no control, something critical in this situation?

Yeah, there's a chance he could get sent to AAA, but he couldn't have made a worse move than going to Aardsma there. If you're going to make a change, he should have brought Jenks in.

CHISOXFAN13

Or that the offense had a whopping ZERO hits in the final six innings.

oeo
Before people start blaming this series on the bullpen alone...look back at what our starters did: nada. They were terrible, every ****ing one of them. Maybe the bullpen made it worse, but this team is built around starting pitching, they need to give us quality starts and then give the ball to the pen in only the 7th, 8th, 9th. The bad thing is, Contreras, Danks, and Garland have been our best pitchers of late. Buehrle has been less than stellar, and I'm honestly getting sick of watching Javy throw a billion pitches in the first three innings because he can't finish anyone off.

Starting pitching is key to this team's success...if they don't turn it around, we're in trouble. It's not panic time, but it's time to ****ing wake up. If you don't do it soon, we're going to be in too deep of a hole to come back.

cws05champ

It's Ozzies fault for not putting in the right pitchers...you bring in Jenks at that point in the 9th, not a guy that could not find the strike zone at all his last outing.

Chicken Dinner
8 walks.....6 score OMFG

QCIASOXFAN
05-30-2007, 04:08 PM
I would also like to state that I would have rather Hunter hit a walk off grand slam then have him issued 4 straight balls for a walk off walk. Busch league.

IndianWhiteSox
Man at this rate, I feel stupid for overrating this team right now. Hopefully, these guys can go on a 15 game winning streak and make me eat my words. But in order for that to happen, they need to have that killer instinct and I haven't seen that in anyone on this team since 2005. Whether it's Ozzie, PK or any of the players. These guys are just underachieving right now at this moment. They have to get it together, otherwise we might be looking at a complete roster face lift.

comet2k
This has to be the most disgusting loss of the year. Up 6-1 and they bang out 10 hits in the first three innings. Then they go the last six without a hit!

Five of the seven Twins who scored reached base on walks, including all three who scored in the 3rd.

The Twins didn't get a ball out of the infield in the 9th yet loaded the bases and scored -- on a walk.

The Immigrant
Teams like the Twins and Indians love to play the Sox. We have no toughness at all besides AJ. Its like our players expect bad **** to happen and walk around with a woe is me attitude.

They need to sack the **** up and play like champions.

Right on. This team seems more interested in making it into Toronto in time for dinner.

Blow it up, Kenny, and find some guys who give a ****.

Frater Perdurabo
Pathetic. Disgusting. Inexcusable.

The number of walks surrendered is embarassing.

To walk in the winning run on four pitches is beyond comprehension.

If Ozzie has any guts, he's tearing Aardsma a new one right now.

If I was Ozzie, I'd tell all my pitchers that a four-pitch walk would earn them a trip to Charlotte, a trade, or a looooong benching.

This bullpen is a joke. A sick joke.

crazyozzie02
05-30-2007, 04:09 PM
Lou Brown (http://imdb.com/name/nm0304000/): Taylor, it's not your job to make excuses. That's all you guys do good. It's either a *leg* thing or a *spiritual* thing, or a *psychological* thing, or a *heart attack*.
Jake Taylor (http://imdb.com/name/nm0000297/): Who used heart attack?
Lou Brown (http://imdb.com/name/nm0304000/): Me. (collapses from a heart attack)

*shudders* The last thing i want to think about is the Indians

Dick Allen
I'm through with this team for this year, today's game is the last straw. We've been waiting since the beginning of last July for this team to start getting their act together. And every day, it seems like at least one facet of their game breaks down, whether it's the starting pitching, bullpen, hitting, defense, or Ozzie's bone-headed moves. It ain't happening, folks. I'll spend the rest of this season just watching the '05 WS DVD. And for those of you who want to call me a dark cloud, well, kiss my derriere.

spiffie
Positive things to take from today:

- Offense is starting to get it together. Hard to complain when they put up 6 runs in a game.

- Logan did his job and is starting to look like a decent option against lefties.

- Thornton did a great job today.

- Ozzie showed a ton of faith in Aardsma, and while it didn't work out today, that kind of faith from the manager will help down the road when we need him in another clutch spot.

Well, we're back to square one, a .500 record. Just remember, we are only three back in the loss column from a playoff spot. The bats are coming around, and now that we're out of that pathetic excuse for a park the Twins play in, we can get back to the roll we were on where we took 10 of 15. I know the last few days were disheartening, but this team seems about ready to get rolling and once they do I have no doubt that they can make up that deficit in the span of a good two weeks. So chin up everyone, May is almost over, and June is going to be a great month for the Sox!!!!!

FARMEO
05-30-2007, 04:10 PM
Kenny filled the bullpen with pitchers that have control problems, he didn't add one proven arm, only guys with this magical high ceiling.

Justagirl
Anyone besides the extreme optimists think this team, as it is constructed, can still win the division???

I do.

2006 sucked thank god it is over. Let me guess, you blame Guillen for issuing 8 walks (6 scored). Thats a bigger joke than our bullpen.

I blame Man So Lee for moving on.

southsideirish71

Gardy in the 9th with the game tied. Brings in his closer.
Guillen in the 9th, brings in a struggling reliever. Then brings in a guy to face hunter hunter is 2 for 3 against. Nothing like a fastball/slider pitcher facing a fastball hitting guy.

Mickster
http://www.notmike.com/images/we_suck.jpg

SOXPHILE
Even with the 6-1 lead, when Garland walked 3 guys in the 3rd, I knew they were going to have trouble, and when they tied it, I knew they were going to lose. Momentum had swung completely the other way. (Question: Is there now enough evidence to change the theory into a law about how lead off walks must always score against the Sox ?) Sidenote to David Aardsma: Thank you for giving all of us hope, for I now know that I can do what you do. I too can easily come in and walk in the winning run on 4 pitches.

minutia
I think that he might be over tinkering a touch on the mound. But that is only my opinion.

thomas35forever
05-30-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm through with this team for this year, today's game is the last straw. We've been waiting since the beginning of last July for this team to start getting their act together. And every day, it seems like at least one facet of their game breaks down, whether it's the starting pitching, bullpen, hitting, defense, or Ozzie's bone-headed moves. It ain't happening, folks. I'll spend the rest of this season just watching the '05 WS DVD. And for those of you who want to call me a dark cloud, well, kiss my derriere.
I can't say I blame you. I bet a lot of people are jumping off the bandwagon after today's pitiful and disgusting outing. I'm not jumping ship yet, but it's going to feel a lot lighter for the rest of the year.

KenBerryGrab
I'm going to have to step away from baseball for a while.

whitesoxfan
Man at this rate, I feel stupid for overrating this team right now. Hopefully, these guys can go on a 15 game winning streak and make me eat my words. But in order for that to happen, they need to have that killer instinct and I haven't seen that in anyone on this team since 2005. Whether it's Ozzie, PK or any of the players. These guys are just underachieving right now at this moment. They have to get it together, otherwise we might be looking at a complete roster face lift.

They need to learn how to put away a team when we actually win two in a row. For the last year, we haven't been able to do that and again, that goes to the lack of killer instinct that we have.

Today was a perfect example of a lack of killer extinct. Good teams do not blow 5 run leads. Good teams do not have their SP walk three batters in an inning after being given a 6-1 lead. That's just ****ing unacceptable. It figures that now that the offense is starting to have better AB's and better results that the starters would now suck. That's exactly what a .500 team does.

Chicken Dinner

If you don't give your pitchers time to warm up..........well that's Ozzies fault. **** your righty/lefty bull****.

Law11
This says it all..

IndianWhiteSox

You mean 2005, since we won the damn thing that year.

peeonwrigley
05-30-2007, 04:12 PM

- Offense is starting to get it together. Hard to complain when they put up 6 runs in a game.

- Logan did his job and is starting to look like a decent option against lefties.

- Thornton did a great job today.

- Ozzie showed a ton of faith in Aardsma, and while it didn't work out today, that kind of faith from the manager will help down the road when we need him in another clutch spot.

Well, we're back to square one, a .500 record. Just remember, we are only two back in the loss column from a playoff spot. The bats are coming around, and now that we're out of that pathetic excuse for a park the Twins play in, we can get back to the roll we were on where we took 10 of 15. I know the last few days were disheartening, but this team seems about ready to get rolling and once they do I have no doubt that they can make up that deficit in the span of a good two weeks. So chin up everyone, May is almost over, and June is going to be a great month for the Sox!!!!!

You're a sick, sick bastard to be able to be positive after this one.:D:

Foulke You
It's Ozzies fault for not putting in the right pitchers...you bring in Jenks at that point in the 9th, not a guy that could not find the strike zone at all his last outing.
Absolutely. There was no excuse not to go to your closer in that inning. Notice Gardenhire went to Nathan as soon as his Twins tied it up. Ozzie should have brought in Jenks to START the 9th inning. At the very least, he should have been called upon to get Sox killer Torii Hunter. Instead he promptly called on Aardsma to pee his pants and hand the broom to the Twins.

balke
This is not a playoff team.

oeo

You're not a dark cloud, you're a ****ing band wagon fan. At least a dark cloud still watches the games, but just pisses their pants. If you were not a band wagon fan, you would watch the good and the bad. Apparently you can only handle the good, so you won't be missed.

NoShoesJoe
05-30-2007, 04:13 PM
That sucked!

kidmccarthy
05-30-2007, 04:13 PM
I'd like to make a comment about what I really think about this team, but this one was pretty much what I expected. When the Twins relief core came in, I knew we would crumble. I want to be optimistic, but 4th place is a tough place to be in this division. These kids can play...

In AAA.

05-30-2007, 04:14 PM

Even IF Jenks get out the the 9th, you will then blame Ozzie for USING Jenks when the bullpen is used up in extras. Give me a break...

spiffie
05-30-2007, 04:15 PM
If you can't have faith in this team to turn it around, you might as well just increase the Netflix membership to 8 movies at a time until football season begins. I choose to believe that no matter what that this can be righted. Now, if in July we're sitting 13 out or something, then I might be getting more dvd's in the mail too, but until then, we're still one good week from being right back in it.

kidmccarthy
Hey though, 6 runs in 3 innings is Great!

WS in 05
:darkclouds:

thomas35forever
"We should be in last place by 10, 14 games," Guillen said. "Believe me. I'm telling the truth."

Ozzie's right, people. He does not deserve to lose his job over this.

chisoxmike
You're not a dark cloud, you're a ****ing band wagon fan. At least a dark cloud still watches the games, but just pisses their pants. If you were not a band wagon fan, you would watch the good and the bad. Apparently you can only handle the good, so you won't be missed.

Yeah he's a bandwagon fan...he's been a member here since 2002. Must be it! :rolleyes:

Navarro's Talent
05-30-2007, 04:16 PM
I really don't know what to say. That was just a horrible series.

jdm2662
Well, on the bright side, I did get a free lunch today.

As for the game, if the Sox keep this up, my condo will be nice and clean for a change...

oeo
Even IF Jenks get out the the 9th, you will then blame Ozzie for USING Jenks when the bullpen is used up in extras. Give me a break...

I'm the biggest Ozzie supporter around, and Jenks should have started the 9th. He could have went the 10th (maybe even further if needed), too, he hasn't pitched much at all in the last couple of weeks.

Still comes back to starting pitching, though, and they didn't get the job done.

Law11
If you can't have faith in this team to turn it around, you might as well just increase the Netflix membership to 8 movies at a time until football season begins. I choose to believe that no matter what that this can be righted. Now, if in July we're sitting 13 out or something, then I might be getting more dvd's in the mail too, but until then, we're still one good week from being right back in it.

Sure all we need is a bullpen.. Lets go out out and get one..

comet2k

No, thanks, on kissing your butt, but I'll take any Sox tickets you're giving away! :D:

whitesoxfan
Ozzie's right, people. He does not deserve to lose his job over this.

Firing him would be the worst possible move to make right now.

INSox56
Pretty much as soon as they got within 2 I knew it was over.

thegooch
so much for Kenny turing our bullpen into a strength this off-season. Makes me sick.

kidmccarthy
05-30-2007, 04:17 PM
Good things around the corner though. 9 more games till interleague starts.:D:

oeo
Yeah he's a bandwagon fan...he's been a member here since 2002. Must be it! :rolleyes:

Band wagon, fair weather, it's all the same to me. He's definitely not the die hard he's pretending to be if he abandons his team before June.

IndianWhiteSox
If you don't give your pitchers time to warm up..........well that's Ozzies fault. **** your righty/lefty bull****.

IF that's the case, then Ozzie himself might be causing this bullpen to be wild and erratic.

Chicken Dinner
That's not an iceberg. All engines ahead full!

INSox56
05-30-2007, 04:18 PM
How is it Ozzie's fault our pitchers can't throw strikes?It's ozzie's fault for yanking pitchers left and right for "matchups". Leave Logan in, let him pitch. We'd probably be ****ed after that inning even if we get out of it using that many pitchers when they'd probably leave Nathan in for at least two.

They did that against ONE pitcher....Who they hit fairly decently in the past. I'd hardly call that impressive.

jenn2080
05-30-2007, 04:18 PM

:rolleyes: Wow that is a bit harsh.

WS in 05
05-30-2007, 04:19 PM

Does my join date determine my past as a fan as well?

The Immigrant
Band wagon, fair weather, it's all the same to me. He's definitely not the die hard he's pretending to be if he abandons his team before June.

We get it. You're a "better" fan than the rest of us. Now give it a rest.

Foulke You
I wouldn't. When the game is on the line, you go to your closer. You can't worry about the 12th inning if you don't even have the chance to get there. As I said in a previous post, notice Mr. Gardenhire went to Nathan to hold us right there at 6 runs and he had used up a lot of his pen because he had to yank his starter in the 4th inning!

A.T. Money
05-30-2007, 04:20 PM
It was 6-1, then next time I got in the car, it was 6-4, then 6-5, then 6-6...

Meanwhile, all we're doing is striking out, while the Twins just beat our asses all over the place.

They make us look horrible, don't they? Year in, and year out. I think they just focus on making us look bad.

oeo
:rolleyes: Wow that is a bit harsh.

And his post wasn't? Give me a ****ing break...

Sorry, but you don't give up on your team, say your finished, because you're a little pissed off at the last few games. It's not even June, he needs to step off the ledge.

I'm the biggest Ozzie supporter around, and Jenks should have started the 9th. He could have went the 10th (maybe even further if needed), too, he hasn't pitched much at all in the last couple of weeks.

Still comes back to starting pitching, though, and they didn't get the job done.

It's all circumstantial. If Aardsma gets Torii out, we're not even debating this. I would have to agree, however, that Jenks should have been brought in to START the 9th...

Law11
You can be a die-hard fan an realize this team sucks right now...

zaidecrannog
Ozzie can't use the starters, Jenks, and nobody else. If you're a major league pitcher, you don't walk a guy on four pitches there. AAArdsma just stinks. That's right, I gave him 3 As, because that's where he belongs.

nsdjoe
05-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Granted this series looked bad, but the bottom line is the Sox have won or tied 6 out of their last 8 series.

Not quite time to jump yet.

oeo
We get it. You're a "better" fan than the rest of us. Now give it a rest.

:?:

Thanks for filling me in on what I said.

PeoriaSoxFan
Here comes a rant.

**** these ****ing piece of **** Triple A pitchers that we have in our ****ing bullpen. Don't any of these pieces of **** have any control? Cooper needs to wake these *******s up. Absolutely unreal. How the hell do you lose a game on a walk?

Our record is fitting. We're not a great team, but we're not a completely bad team either. Something needs to happen or else 5 1/2 games out will become 10 1/2 in the blink of an eye.

Couldn't have said it better. This sucks.

Dick Allen
You're not a dark cloud, you're a ****ing band wagon fan. At least a dark cloud still watches the games, but just pisses their pants. If you were not a band wagon fan, you would watch the good and the bad. Apparently you can only handle the good, so you won't be missed.I've been supporting this team for 48 years, Einstein. I'd say I've handled plenty of bad in that time. I went to 30 games in 1970, when they were 56-106. Don't you ever tell me what would I would be doing if I were a bandwagon fan, or pretending to know what's inside of me. Tell your story walking.

thegooch
They make us look horrible, don't they? Year in, and year out. I think they just focus on making us look bad.
and making the playoffs.

thomas35forever
Ozzie can't use the starters, Jenks, and nobody else. If you're a major league pitcher, you don't walk a guy on four pitches there. AAArdsma just stinks. That's right, I gave him 3 As, because that's where he belongs.
That's where the entire ****ing bullpen belongs with the exception of Jenks and maybe Thornton.

getonbckthr
05-30-2007, 04:22 PM
My points:
1) What are Aardsma's stats since he had that blown save after Bobby pitched 4 games in a row?
2) Ozzie managed the game by the book. He didn't cause Paulie to throw the ball into the runner. He didn't force Dave to walk Hunter.
3) I don't care if they were scored in the 1st, 9th or spread out 6 runs should be enough to win the ball game.
4) You don't, by way of the "book", as the road team bring in your closer in the 9th. You wait til you have the lead.
5) Kenny needs to do something. Even if he gives up way to much for someone so be it. We need a spark plug of some sort.
6) I hate saying this but we need a bench clearing brawl and quick. Maybe that will bring this team together and get the fight back again.
7):angry:

Justagirl
Like I said in the gameday thread- I miss the days when I could look at a 6-1 lead without thinking we're gonna need more.
Dang, there are a lot of asterisks in this thread.

chisoxmike
Does my join date determine my past as a fan as well?

No, but to call someone a bandwagon fan when they've been here longer than you have is pretty stupid.

Just becuase someone is pissed off with the team and thinks they suck doesn't make them a bandwagon fan. Sox fans throw around the term bandwagon fan to much the past years to make themsevles feel bigger or better than other people. It happend last year when some felt the team was sinking fast in July and August. It's happening now.

Maybe some people should take off their rose colored glasses and see that this team is a total mess.

Mr.1Dog
05-30-2007, 04:23 PM
I think 75% of the hate on Aardsma should be given to Mike MacDougal and Paulie. Paulie botched the routine play and Macdougal couldn't do anything to help his own cause.

Thank you for clearing that up...

A.T. Money

You need to know when the call a spade, a spade.

I agree. This team sucks right now.

I think up until 2005, this would have ruined my whole day.

Sun is still going to come up tomorrow people, relax.

HartmanSox
Positive note..............we have a much better record than we deserve.

WS in 05
05-30-2007, 04:24 PM

Yea but you don't have to ****ing rant about it to no end. Like the more you bitch the better they will play. I'm sure they know they messed this one up we can only hope that they turn it around and realize they haven't been playing to there potential. Plus the fact that we are last in the majors in hitting and still only 6 games back of the 2nd best team in the AL is still pretty good.

oeo
05-30-2007, 04:24 PM
I've been supporting this team for 48 years, Einstein. I'd say I've handled plenty of bad in that time. I went to 30 games in 1970, when they were 56-106. Don't you ever tell me what would I would be doing if I were a bandwagon fan, or pretending to know what's inside of me. Tell your story walking.

I apologize for calling you a bandwagon fan...but I still don't agree with calling it quits before June. I overreacted, but I can almost guarantee you're doing the same.

minutia
05-30-2007, 04:25 PM
I can say I feel the same way as of now. I am hoping that this series was enough of a humiliation for our Sox that it wakes them up like AJ woke up the Twins.

oeo

There's a difference between knowing they suck right now, and calling it quits.

No, but to call someone a bandwagon fan when they've been here longer than you have is pretty stupid.

Just becuase someone is pissed off with the team and thinks they suck doesn't make them a bandwagon fan. Sox fans throw around the term bandwagon fan to much the past years to make themsevles feel bigger or better than other people. It happend last year when some felt the team was sinking fast in July and August. It's happening now.

Maybe some people should take off their rose colored glasses and see that this team is a total mess.

Again, there's a difference between being pissed off and calling it quits. And I don't have rose colored glasses, I know the team looks like ****; that doesn't mean I'm going to stop watching because I don't like what I'm seeing.

jenn2080
My points:
1) What are Aardsma's stats since he had that blown save after Bobby pitched 4 games in a row?
2) Ozzie managed the game by the book. He didn't cause Paulie to throw the ball into the runner. He didn't force Dave to walk Hunter.
3) I don't care if they were scored in the 1st, 9th or spread out 6 runs should be enough to win the ball game.
4) You don't, by way of the "book", as the road team bring in your closer in the 9th. You wait til you have the lead.
5) Kenny needs to do something. Even if he gives up way to much for someone so be it. We need a spark plug of some sort.
6) I hate saying this but we need a bench clearing brawl and quick. Maybe that will bring this team together and get the fight back again.
7):angry:

Didnt do much when they got into it with the Cubs last year. Buehrle's no hitter didn't seem to do much either.

Pilgrim
For all the statheads out there, I figured out Sox Pythagorean Winning Percentage...the formula is Runs Scored squared/(runs scored squared + runs against squared). SABR has this being a fairly accurate projector although lots of standouts have happened....like last years twinkies, bad start, hot finish. Going into todays game they would be projected to finish with a .478 winning percentage based on RS and RA so far. That is 78 wins. ***.

jenn2080
05-30-2007, 04:26 PM

I am sure he was over reacting a bit on being done for the year. He is furious like we all are.

A.T. Money
Everything is going to be oooookay.

Go outside, smell the fresh air. The sun is shining. The sun will come up again tomorrow. Be happy to be alive. LOL.

Jason82807
Not only are we losing, but our losses are eerily similar to the Cubs losses lately.

Foulke You
and making the playoffs.
And promptly getting ousted in the 1st round. That is another annual tradition of the Twins sans 2005.

WS in 05
05-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Everything is going to be oooookay.

Go outside, smell the fresh air. The sun is shining. The sun will come up again tomorrow. Be happy to be alive. LOL.

And the obnoxious sounds of the cicadas:redneck

A.T. Money
Not only are we losing, but our losses are eerily similar to the Cubs losses lately.

The Cubs and the Sox are very similar...that's why.

HartmanSox
I apologize for calling you a bandwagon fan...but I still don't agree with calling it quits before June. I overreacted, but I can almost guarantee you're doing the same.

This is what I don't get. First, it was "look at all these dark clouds in April", then "look at all these dark clouds in May", now it's "look at all these dark clouds in June."

I understand optimism, but when do you draw the line? I'm not going to stop watching, but there are definitely more than a couple things that need fixing on this team right now.

pagansoxfan
05-30-2007, 04:28 PM
all i can say is to hell with this slop. everytime we play the twins, they run over us, as we show zero heart, zero emotion. i'll watch games on tv, or hear them on the radio, but i will not spend another red cent on this garbage. this team is a joke. oh, and before anyone dares call me fair weather, i've been going to games since '82. no way am i a bandwagoner, but let's put it in this light.
if you go to an eatery, having bad service or lousy food, you don't go back. the product the sox have is awful. as i said in another thread, ty for '05. that said, anyone who thinks this current team will finish above .500, let alone make the playoffs, needs his or her head examined.
i will ALWAYS be a white sox fan, but this crap is disgusting!:chunks

A.T. Money
05-30-2007, 04:28 PM

Yeah where are those damn things. I'm still waiting.

Chicken Dinner
05-30-2007, 04:29 PM
62 days until the trade deadline. Bye MB and JD.

getonbckthr
05-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Who gives a flying **** about the goddamn Cubs? This is a ****ing WHITE SOX POSTGAME THREAD. You know what else these losses are similar to the Royal losses last year. These losses remind me of the Drays a little to.

oeo
05-30-2007, 04:30 PM
This is what I don't get. First, it was "look at all these dark clouds in April", then "look at all these dark clouds in May", now it's "look at all these dark clouds in June."

I understand optimism, but when do you draw the line? I'm not going to stop watching, but there are definitely more than a couple things that need fixing on this team right now.

For the last time, it's not being a "dark cloud." Did you read his post? He said this what is 'last straw'. He said he was finished with the team this year. All that needed to be said was he didn't like what he was seeing (I don't either, no one does).

There is a difference between being totally pessimistic and quitting.

MsSoxVixen22
05-30-2007, 04:30 PM
Just un****ing believeable! For a millisecond I actually thought we'd win this game! We start hitting the ball and are starter crumbles. And why does Ozzie continually bring in ****ing Aardsma and MacDougal when they pitch like **** and blow games for us??!! Ozzie and his ****ing lefty righty bull****! If this team contines on this downward spiral they're on, we could see a completely new team next year. I will go out on a limb and say The Sox need to sweep the Blue Jays. I will still watch the games and continue to support this team but they really make it hard sometimes.

zaidecrannog
05-30-2007, 04:32 PM
It's all circumstantial. If Aardsma gets Torii out, we're not even debating this.

Thanks for clearing that up...

HartmanSox
05-30-2007, 04:33 PM
I'll probably be flamed for this, but when I saw us heading into the 9th tied up, I knew we would loose the game. Sad that it has come to this, but I just knew given how we've played lately.

However, I did not expect it to be a walk on 4 pitches. Even a loss can never be routine with this team.

veeter
05-30-2007, 04:35 PM
I think this proves that Hermanson, Cotts and Politte were the co-MVP's of 2005.

INSox56
05-30-2007, 04:35 PM
62 days until the trade deadline. Bye MB and JD.Either that or KW just kind of wipes the board and trades the likes of Konerko (I know, Captain...but also slow footed, power hitter who can bring a ton back in trade) and/or Crede....

I think this proves that Hermanson, Cotts and Politte were the co-MVP's of 2005.That's a very interesting way of thinking. I could agree with that

WS in 05
05-30-2007, 04:36 PM
Either that or KW just kind of wipes the board and trades the likes of Konerko (I know, Captain...but also slow footed, power hitter who can bring a ton back in trade) and/or Crede....

That's a very interesting way of thinking. I could agree with that

Go back to thinking about what kind of furniture your going to buy for your new house:redneck

Dick Allen
05-30-2007, 04:38 PM
I apologize for calling you a bandwagon fan...but I still don't agree with calling it quits before June. I overreacted, but I can almost guarantee you're doing the same.Fair enough. But I'm not quitting from the standpoint that I won't watch games. I watched in 1970, I'll watch now, just not every night. My blood pressure couldn't take it. And when I do watch, I'll keep in mind that this team isn't going anywhere, not in this division. Just being realistic.

comet2k
05-30-2007, 04:38 PM

Hee-hee!!:tongue:

BeviBall!
05-30-2007, 04:40 PM
Yeah it was totally his fault Aardsma threw 4 straight balls to Hunter.

It was his fault for not knowing that the guy's not William Tell accurate and that bringing him in with the bases loaded in the 9th might not have been the greatest of ideas. Where was Bobby?

cws05champ

Don't pretend to know what I think. You bring in the closer in that instance, especially when your other options in the pen have been shaky lately. If Bobby gives up a hit there, so be it, but not a 4 pitch walk!! Plus, Jenks could have pitched the 10th and then you go to Massett for some longer innings in extras if need be.

Law11

Again, there's a difference between being pissed off and calling it quits. And I don't have rose colored glasses, I know the team looks like ****; that doesn't mean I'm going to stop watching because I don't like what I'm seeing.

I know, I know but give him a break... Ive said it 2-3 times already this year that I wont get all caught up in these losses but you cant help it.. Its our nature as fans.. To call him out as a bandwagon fan aint right.

Die Hard fans are the most realistic of fans too.. I for one am not holding out too much hope with this team but I'll still watch the games and hope they get it going. Does that mean because i dont think this team is winning a world series mean I'm less of a fan? I mean come on.

This team is just like last years, No edge, no spark, just blah..

05-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Thanks for clearing that up...

You're welcome...

SoxxoS
Macdougal and Aardsma can't be counted on until they can get their confidence up. So that means Logan, Thornton and Jenks needs to be handling as much as the pen duty as they can.

WhiteSox5187
This team is dying. It's all but over for us. Somebody needs to do somethign to turn this team around, but I don't know what. If we lose or split the upcoming series with Toronto, we're dead in the water. This team just ****ing sickens me. It's the worst team that we've thrown out there in awhile.

05-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Don't pretend to know what I think. You bring in the closer in that instance, especially when your other options in the pen have been shaky lately. If Bobby gives up a hit there, so be it, but not a 4 pitch walk!! Plus, Jenks could have pitched the 10th and then you go to Massett for some longer innings in extras if need be.

Whatever. I may be wrong, but I doubt it...

The Immigrant
Two nights ago Logan retired Morneau with the bases loaded, only to have Ozzie bring in Aardsma to face Hunter - and promptly give up a 3-run double.

Bobby Jenks hasn't pitched since Friday. Instead of either leaving Logan in to face Hunter after retiring Morneau on one pitch or bringing in Jenks with the game on the line, Ozzie forces the exact same matchup that blew up in his face on Monday. Just like a dog that can't stop eating his own vomit.

kitekrazy

Didn't Logan get the 2nd out on one pitch? (heard the game on the radio)

I knew as soon as Aaaaaaaaaarghzmuh was in this would go in the loss column by walking in the winning run.

PaulDrake
05-30-2007, 04:44 PM
I really can't say I'm surprised.

This team just isn't very good. No they're not, at least not right now. I long for an objective discussion here about this team. Without the labels "dark cloud" and "polyanna". Without certain posters and mods questioning your loyalty, intelligence, guts or combinations of all three. Right now the playoffs are a pipe dream, and you're right. This team isn't very good. I had hoped that 05 would be the beginning of a long run of excellence. Instead, it's just fading away.

oeo
This team is dying. It's all but over for us. Somebody needs to do somethign to turn this team around, but I don't know what. If we lose or split the upcoming series with Toronto, we're dead in the water. This team just ****ing sickens me. It's the worst team that we've thrown out there in awhile.

If by awhile, you mean 2004.

kittle42
I know, I know but give him a break... Ive said it 2-3 times already this year that I wont get all caught up in these losses but you cant help it.. Its our nature as fans.. To call him out as a bandwagon fan aint right.

Die Hard fans are the most realistic of fans too.. I for one am not holding out too much hope with this team but I'll still watch the games and hope they get it going. Does that mean because i dont think this team is winning a world series mean I'm less of a fan? I mean come on.

Good post. They're a .500 team. They're in 4th (where many "experts" predicted they'd end up). They do not have what it takes thus far to put together any kind of a solid winning streak. They play like a .500 team.

Bill Melton said mostly the same as above in the post-game. They need something to click and it hasn't occurred. That's fine for awhile, but if you get another month into the season and it ain't "clicking," you've gotta ask some very hard questions.

IndianWhiteSox
Macdougal and Aardsma can't be counted on until they can get their confidence up. So that means Logan, Thornton and Jenks needs to be handling as much as the pen duty as they can.

You know that bullpen's gone to hell when that guy is in the same sentence as Thornton and Jenks for important guys in the pen.
:o:

russ99
05-30-2007, 04:45 PM
Maybe it's time Kenny made a deal. Any deal.

I know the Sox are still at .500, and that their best baseball is ahead of them, but I said that last August & September too.

I'd release MacDougal after today, but that just shows why I'm not a baseball GM. Rash decisions are bad ones.

WhiteSox5187
If by awhile, you mean 2004.
I'm thinking back to the 2002 team. '04 was pretty bad, but it had its moments. It would fight every now and then, this team doesn't even attempt to do that.

GoSox2K3

The Sox just haven't been the same since that Friday May 18 loss to the Cubs. Though not playing our best, we were on a mini-roll heading into that game. At that game, blowing the 3-1 lead was a surprise to me. Now, it seems to happen almost every day.

Beginning on 5/18, the bullpen has just imploded and the starting pitching - which had been doing very well - has tanked too.

There's still time to pull out of this. But right now, the bullpen is in total meltdown mode. Amazing how Aardsma has totally fallen apart after being pretty much lights-out the first 6 weeks of this season.

Chicken Dinner
05-30-2007, 04:46 PM
There sure are some uptight, finger pointing, name calling bitches in here today.:D:

WhiteSox5187
05-30-2007, 04:46 PM
No they're not, at least not right now. I long for an objective discussion here about this team. Without the labels "dark cloud" and "polyanna". Without certain posters and mods questioning your loyalty, intelligence, guts or combinations of all three. Right now the playoffs are a pipe dream, and you're right. This team isn't very good. I had hoped that 05 would be the beginning of a long run of excellence. Instead, it's just fading away.
I don't think we're as bad as we're playing, but we're certainly not good.

GoSox2K3
05-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Who gives a flying **** about the goddamn Cubs? This is a ****ing WHITE SOX POSTGAME THREAD. You know what else these losses are similar to the Royal losses last year. These losses remind me of the Drays a little to.

The Sox quality of play sucks right now, but on the bright side, at least we fans aren't just turning on each other and jumping down each others throats like total jackasses.:rolleyes:

SoxSpeed22
05-30-2007, 04:47 PM
You're a sick, sick bastard to be able to be positive after this one.:D:Let's just hope that this is by far, the most anger-inducing series this year.
:gulp:

WhiteSox5187
05-30-2007, 04:49 PM
The Sox just haven't been the same since that Friday May 18 loss to the Cubs. Though not playing our best, we were on a mini-roll heading into that game. At that game, blowing the 3-1 lead was a surprise to me. Now, it seems to happen almost every day.

Beginning on 5/18, the bullpen has just imploded and the starting pitching - which had been doing very well - has tanked too.

There's still time to pull out of this. But right now, the bullpen is in total meltdown mode. Amazing how Aardsma has totally fallen apart after being pretty much lights-out the first 6 weeks of this season.
In 1999 the Cubs were on a hot streak when we went to play them in Wrigley, we swept them and then they fell apart. While the Cubs haven't swept us, I'm wondering if they returned the favor for what we did in '99. There is still some time left, but it doesn't look good. We need to turn it around NOW. We need to win like, nine out of our next ten.

Law11
Let's just hope that this is by far, the most anger-inducing series this year.

Here here.. I'll drink to that..

oeo

I feel the same way that you do, in terms of not feeling real confident. At the same time, the team has the tools to do some damage, and I'm hoping last year was a learning experience and they can get that fire back.

INSox56
05-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Go back to thinking about what kind of furniture your going to buy for your new house:redneckAlready got that! haha Time to think about colors and grading the back yard though.... :wink: Actually that's the only thing that's keeping me happy today. Screw the sox, I just got a house. hah!

WhiteSox5187
05-30-2007, 04:51 PM
I feel the same way that you do, in terms of not feeling real confident. At the same time, the team has the tools to do some damage, and I'm hoping last year was a learning experience and they can get that fire back.
This time last year the Twins looked dead...but something needs to happen to light a fire under the Sox and it needs to happen soon. A brawl (like in 2000) could do the trick, something, anything! Time is running out!

cheezheadsoxfan
05-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Hopefully we have hit bottom. This was painful.:angry:

champagne030
05-30-2007, 04:52 PM

:rolleyes: You're ****ing kidding right?

:thumbsup:

For all the statheads out there, I figured out Sox Pythagorean Winning Percentage...the formula is Runs Scored squared/(runs scored squared + runs against squared). SABR has this being a fairly accurate projector although lots of standouts have happened....like last years twinkies, bad start, hot finish. Going into todays game they would be projected to finish with a .478 winning percentage based on RS and RA so far. That is 78 wins. ***.

Not this **** again. The price of tea in China has no bearing on the record of the White Sox. We're .500 because we can't pitch, hit, field, run or manage very well.

Justagirl
05-30-2007, 04:53 PM
right now, the bullpen is in total meltdown mode. Amazing how Aardsma has totally fallen apart after being pretty much lights-out the first 6 weeks of this season.
I say Cooper should consider electrocuting some of these guys. Ill guarantee you if they were electrocuted for say.. 30 minutes after games like these, they'll be pitching their asses off.

spiffie
05-30-2007, 04:55 PM
I say Cooper should consider electrocuting some of these guys. Ill guarantee you if they were electrocuted for say.. 30 minutes after games like these, they'll be pitching their asses off.
You might be onto something. I note that in 2005 when the team was based on the idea of "Win or Die Trying" that they won. Perhaps we need to dust that off and start living up to it.

PaulDrake
You're not a dark cloud, you're a ****ing band wagon fan. At least a dark cloud still watches the games, but just pisses their pants. If you were not a band wagon fan, you would watch the good and the bad. Apparently you can only handle the good, so you won't be missed. I find this type of post ever so tiresome.

KyWhiSoxFan
It's time to pull the plug on MacDougal. Trade him. Aardsma can't be trusted in a close situation for awhile till he gets his confidence back.

Everyone seems to hate Logan, but he seems to get the job done more often than not.

That said, Garland is not supposed to let the other team get back into the game.

IndianWhiteSox
05-30-2007, 04:56 PM

You mean shock therapy, since most of these guys would be eligible for that treatment due to their "wildness.":tongue:

The Immigrant
05-30-2007, 04:58 PM
It's time to pull the plug on MacDougal. Trade him.

At this point, Kenny would get a warm six pack of Coors Light for MacDougal.

TDog
05-30-2007, 04:58 PM

Blow it up, Kenny, and find some guys who give a ****.

It amazes me that people can be upset with Guillen's language on the radio when I see so many asterisks in game and postgame threads.

Anyway, as for blowing it up, that's what the Sox did on July 31, 1997, when they were a game under .500 and in third place. A newspaper writer called it the "white flag trade" and many Sox fans punished the franchise for years because they were only 3.5 games out of first when they surrendered the season.

If you think bringing in people who care will make the Sox a winner, you're mistaken. If you think it can't get any worse than this, you're mistaken. If you're over 30 and you grew up a White Sox fan, you learned not to correlate your self esteem on how well they were playing.

There were people today who thought the Sox had lost the game when MacDougal came in. They didn't hit the ball out of the infield against him, and he apparently got hurt by his defense. They were people who thought the game was over when Logan came in to face Morneau with the bases loaded and one out, despite the fact that Logan seems to be the only Sox pitcher who can get Morneau out with men on base and came through in a near identical situation against Morneau on Monday. The truth is, I would have brought in Aardsma to face Hunter. The last time Logan faced a good right-handed hitter with the bases loaded, people were questioning how Guillen could have left him in to face Derek Lee. Aardsma has a better chance of getting Hunter out. If I bring in Jenks, who will be restrained in how effectively he can throw curve balls in that situation because the bases are loaded and the winning run is on third, Aardsma is probably still going to have to come in to pitch for the Sox to win because for the Sox to win, Minnesota still gets their turn to hit. Obviously it didn't work out. I'm upset with Aardsma, but I won't second guess Guillen for bringing him in. I don't believe Konerko make a bad throw in the ninth because he doesn't care.

I don't believe Aardsma walked Hunter because he doesn't care. I don't believe Garland gave up six runs because he doesn't care.

Apparently the Sox offense did well today. The AP story said just about everything they hit off Baker was hard, and, still according to AP, Iguchi was robbed of a home run off Nathan in the ninth. The bullpen didn't blow the lead. The starter lost it.

Everything is going wrong for the Sox right now. But it could get a lot worse, and probably would if a lot of the fan suggestions were carried out.

GoSox2K3
05-30-2007, 04:59 PM
In 1999 the Cubs were on a hot streak when we went to play them in Wrigley, we swept them and then they fell apart. While the Cubs haven't swept us, I'm wondering if they returned the favor for what we did in '99. There is still some time left, but it doesn't look good. We need to turn it around NOW. We need to win like, nine out of our next ten.

Last year's Sunday loss at Wrigley also started the Sox downward slide and was the beginning of Buehrle's collapse in the 2nd half.

I don't agree that time is running out quite yet - but the Sox need to stop the freefall (particularly the bullpen) soon.

getonbckthr
The Sox quality of play sucks right now, but on the bright side, at least we fans aren't just turning on each other and jumping down each others throats like total jackasses.:rolleyes:
Why must Sox fans make useless Cub comments? Is there some rule that I missed that says a requirement to being a Sox fan is bringing up the Cub misfortunes at every given opportunity? Honestly who gives a damn what they are doing? Does their play affect our team and our standing at all besides the 6 games we play them?

russ99
It's time to pull the plug on MacDougal. Trade him. Aardsma can't be trusted in a close situation for awhile till he gets his confidence back.

Everyone seems to hate Logan, but he seems to get the job done more often than not.

That said, Garland is not supposed to let the other team get back into the game.

Also, Logan has this uncanny ability to get out of tight situations. I would have kept him in vs. Hunter, he doesn't have to be just a LOOGY.

Maybe all this "Clemens would be better off facing the White Sox instead of Boston" crap in the media will get them mad enough.

I knew this game was over when MacDougal started the 9th. But what other options are there right now? Dewon Day?? Also, there's no such thing as a "proven" middle reliever. Either they're unproven or want 10 million a year to close. Still, I'd like to see a new righty in there this weekend who's not making his MLB debut.

The only good thing is the Blue Jays are hammered by injuries, so this is a good time to face them in Toronto. A few wins there will get us back on track.

Justagirl
05-30-2007, 05:01 PM
You mean shock therapy, since most of these guys would be eligible for that treatment due to their "wildness.":tongue:
Naw, Im talking high powered- high voltage- raw- electrocution.

lumpyspun
05-30-2007, 05:01 PM

You are too nice, I say use waterboarding.

russ99
05-30-2007, 05:04 PM
It amazes me that people can be upset with Guillen's language on the radio when I see so many asterisks in game and postgame threads.

Anyway, as for blowing it up, that's what the Sox did on July 31, 1997, when they were a game under .500 and in third place. A newspaper writer called it the "white flag trade" and many Sox fans punished the franchise for years because they were only 3.5 games out of first when they surrendered the season.

If you think bringing in people who care will make the Sox a winner, you're mistaken. If you think it can't get any worse than this, you're mistaken. If you're over 30 and you grew up a White Sox fan, you learned not to correlate your self esteem on how well they were playing.

There were people today who thought the Sox had lost the game when MacDougal came in. They didn't hit the ball out of the infield against him, and he apparently got hurt by his defense. They were people who thought the game was over when Logan came in to face Morneau with the bases loaded and one out, despite the fact that Logan seems to be the only Sox pitcher who can get Morneau out with men on base and came through in a near identical situation against Morneau on Monday. The truth is, I would have brought in Aardsma to face Hunter. The last time Logan faced a good right-handed hitter with the bases loaded, people were questioning how Guillen could have left him in to face Derek Lee. Aardsma has a better chance of getting Hunter out. If I bring in Jenks, who will be restrained in how effectively he can throw curve balls in that situation because the bases are loaded and the winning run is on third, Aardsma is probably still going to have to come in to pitch for the Sox to win because for the Sox to win, Minnesota still gets their turn to hit. Obviously it didn't work out. I'm upset with Aardsma, but I won't second guess Guillen for bringing him in. I don't believe Konerko make a bad throw in the ninth because he doesn't care.

I don't believe Aardsma walked Hunter because he doesn't care. I don't believe Garland gave up six runs because he doesn't care.

Apparently the Sox offense did well today. The AP story said just about everything they hit off Baker was hard, and, still according to AP, Iguchi was robbed of a home run off Nathan in the ninth. The bullpen didn't blow the lead. The starter lost it.

Everything is going wrong for the Sox right now. But it could get a lot worse, and probably would if a lot of the fan suggestions were carried out.

Great point.

The main reason I hate the Twins is against the Sox (especially at home) it seems they always get the lucky 2-out hit or scrape out a run (or three) when an at-bat or pitch could have gone quite differently and gotten us out of the inning.

champagne030
05-30-2007, 05:05 PM

I actually didn't think MacDougal pitched that bad today. He wiffed Bartlett. Tyner coaxed a walk on some close pitches. Paulie commits a throwing error on a potential doubleplay ball. Cuddyer get eaten alive, but manages a swinging bunt. AND beats it out. Typical Twinks - loaded the bases on complete bull****.

I fully admit MacDougal has been brutal, starting May 8th.

Patrick134
05-30-2007, 05:06 PM
Good to see the bats wake up. Logan did a good job of getting Moroneu in games 1 and 3 with bases loaded, 1 out, and no runner advancement. Now take the awakened bats to Toronto and win that series.

hi im skot
05-30-2007, 05:09 PM
I do.

It better start now, though.

russ99
05-30-2007, 05:10 PM
I actually didn't think MacDougal pitched that bad today. He wiffed Bartlett. Tyner coaxed a walk on some close pitches. Paulie commits a throwing error on a potential doubleplay ball. Cuddyer get eaten alive, but manages a swinging bunt. AND beats it out. Typical Twinks - loaded the bases on complete bull****.

I fully admit MacDougal has been brutal, starting May 8th.

Hmmm, "TwinkyBall"...

Maybe we should print up t-shirts for the next Twins homestand. :tongue:

oeo
05-30-2007, 05:10 PM

MacDougal did his job today. When he didn't (he walked Tyner), he got a double play ball, which Paulie promptly screwed up.

I agree with TDog, nothing is going our way. We can't even get through a week without a postponement, it seems. Hopefully this is rock bottom (please be).

delben91
05-30-2007, 05:11 PM
What did the snail riding on the turtle's back say?

"Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

That's all I have for you good folks today.

DickAllen72
05-30-2007, 05:12 PM
It's supposed to be hard to sweep a three game series against any major league team. :(:

HITMEN OF 77
05-30-2007, 05:14 PM
On the bright side, Ford Motor Company stock went up .10 today

getonbckthr
05-30-2007, 05:15 PM
On the bright side, Ford Motor Company stock went up .10 today
I lost 3 pounds.

IndianWhiteSox
05-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Naw, Im talking high powered- high voltage- raw- electrocution.

If there is a little overdose, then you would have you're major shock.

Soxfest
2006 sucked thank god it is over. Let me guess, you blame Guillen for issuing 8 walks (6 scored). Thats a bigger joke than our bullpen.

I blame Man So Lee for moving on.

Guillen put DA in and now he lives with it!

alohafri

White Flag II

WhiteSox5187
05-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Last year's Sunday loss at Wrigley also started the Sox downward slide and was the beginning of Buehrle's collapse in the 2nd half.

I don't agree that time is running out quite yet - but the Sox need to stop the freefall (particularly the bullpen) soon.
We're almost in June now...usually by the end of May you have a rough idea of who is going to be in the race. By the end of June you DEFINATELY know who is in it and who is not. There is certainly time left, but we're almost a third of the way done. We need to turn it on now.

PaulDrake
05-30-2007, 05:21 PM
The hell with the "book."

Chicken Dinner
05-30-2007, 05:23 PM

Ozzie likes the movie. :smile:

getonbckthr
05-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Many people share this opinion about the "book" however managers from the past, present and future have, are and will use this philosophy to manage ball games.

Patrick134
05-30-2007, 05:26 PM
Guillen put DA in and now he lives with it!

Garland's 3 walks that all scored in the 3rd inning were much bigger .

AuroraSoxFan
05-30-2007, 05:26 PM
I understand all the frustration. Really is annoying watching this kind of awful play. Only thing I don't get is a few posters saying the bats woke up?? From innings 4-9 they combined for ZERO hits. Was good to see them score 6 in 3 innings. But it was off a bad pitcher that is likely to be sent down or traded. No hits in the 6 full innings after his departure is straight up sad.

kitekrazy
05-30-2007, 05:28 PM

It's often expected of Coop to polish turds and turn them into Mercedes. He even runs out of that magic.

Interesting that even since this century that Sox bullpen had it's share of one year wonders.

getonbckthr
05-30-2007, 05:28 PM
I understand all the frustration. Really is annoying watching this kind of awful play. Only thing I don't get is a few posters saying the bats woke up?? From innings 4-9 they combined for ZERO hits. Was good to see them score 6 in 3 innings. But it was off a bad pitcher that is likely to be sent down or traded. No hits in the 6 full innings after his departure is straight up sad.
Like I said earlier doesn't matter when they come 6 runs on 10 hits should be enough to win.

It's Dankerific
05-30-2007, 05:30 PM
Heres a solution.

At the next home game, the Sox impound the players parking lot. After every mindblowing loss (ie, walk the run home, give up 5 run lead, etc.), the Sox will select the most expensive vehicle and offer 10 very lucky Sox fans to take 10 swings with a baseball bat to the car.

The vehicles will be released when the sox win 10 games in a row, or their in sole possession of 1st place.

Hitmen77
05-30-2007, 05:32 PM
The Sox winning 2 out of 3 at the Metrodome three weeks ago just seems like soooo long ago at this point. :(:

AuroraSoxFan
05-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Like I said earlier doesn't matter when they come 6 runs on 10 hits should be enough to win.

cant argue that seeing that we are supposed to be a team built around SP. Least that is the line we have been hearing for a few years now. I still cant call an offense that got no-hit for 6 innings by a team's pen "revived" or whatever else.

Chicken Dinner
05-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Heres a solution.

At the next home game, the Sox impound the players parking lot. After every mindblowing loss (ie, walk the run home, give up 5 run lead, etc.), the Sox will select the most expensive vehicle and offer 10 very lucky Sox fans to take 10 swings with a baseball bat to the car.

The vehicles will be released when the sox win 10 games in a row, or their in sole possession of 1st place.

How about just putting in a "dugout dunk tank" so disgruntled fans can splash their favorite under performer.:tongue:

Justagirl
05-30-2007, 05:38 PM
How about just putting in a "dugout dunk tank" so disgruntled fans can splash their favorite under performer.:tongue:
Nah, I like my idea better. =)

DrCrawdad
05-30-2007, 05:39 PM
How the (hades) do you blow a SIX RUN LEAD! What is it with Garland and his (nearly) constant giving up leads? Does Garland like to challenge the offense?

Before this game I was thinking, if the Sox win today their record against the Twins is .500, which is ok. And now it's just under .500 but to blow 3 games to the Twins and the last one where your (struggling) offense gives you a SIX RUN LEAD!

I need some...

:therapy:

BeviBall!
05-30-2007, 05:42 PM
I just looked at the pitching match up for tomorrow. Oh goody... Halladay! Just what we need!

getonbckthr
05-30-2007, 05:43 PM
I just looked at the pitching match up for tomorrow. Oh goody... Halladay! Just what we need!
He's proven and established we'll be fine.

NSSoxFan
05-30-2007, 05:44 PM
Ok, so we're not that good right now. In fact, we suck. That may change in a week, a month, etc, that's what makes baseball so great. The one thing that I want everyone on this board to do is......calm down. Like A.T. has been saying throughout the thread, the sun will come up tomorrow, etc. This team's problem isn't hitting or even starting pitching, it's the bullpen just like last year. KW's gambles are not working out right now and I'm pretty sure nobody is more pissed than he is.

Why should I waste my energy being pissed off, when the one person that really matters is already doing that for me? (KW)

TomBradley72
05-30-2007, 05:44 PM
It's often expected of Coop to polish turds and turn them into Mercedes. He even runs out of that magic.

Interesting that even since this century that Sox bullpen had it's share of one year wonders.

There's a reason we could get Aardsma for Cotts, MacDougal for an average prospect, Sisco for Gload, and Day is 26-27 years old and in AA...they aren't very good. The whole idea that KW is smarter than anyone else and Cooper can work his magic has completely blown up in their faces.

Combined with alot of talk about "grinderball/smallball/ozzieball"...while replacing Thomas with Thome, Ordonez with Dye, Lee with Machowiak (or a fragile, mediocre OF Podsednik)...along with very little speed at the "speed positions" of CF/SS/2B, and ladies and gentleman I present you with the 2001-2004 White Sox.

God bless them for winning it all in 2005...but with this roster and a mediocre farm system (which KW after 7 years of being the GM is 100% accountable for), it's time for a complete rebuilding.

BeviBall!
05-30-2007, 05:45 PM
He's proven and established we'll be fine.

Hitmen77
05-30-2007, 05:47 PM

The Sox hitters actually did well against Santana, Kazmir and Shields (who entered the game with a BAA of .199). I'm not worried about the opposing pitcher at this point - I just hope the bullpen can stop the meltdown/reverse the implosion and return to how they had been performing up to mid-May.

It's Dankerific
05-30-2007, 05:53 PM
The Sox hitters actually did well against Santana, Kazmir and Shields (who entered the game with a BAA of .199). I'm not worried about the opposing pitcher at this point - I just hope the bullpen can stop the meltdown/reverse the implosion and return to how they had been performing up to mid-May.

Perhaps all the multiple righty/lefty switches in an inning, appearances for 3 straight days, etc. that many people on this board we're screaming about before this little "implosion" (and being told to shut up because KW/OZ won in '05) has caught up to us.

Relievers have to be handled. Not just for a single game situation (unless its the playoffs) but for the long haul. Having them get warm, then pitch to a batter, sit down and do it all again for the next 2 days builds up. Pitches warming up COUNT towards the general arm fatigue/risk of injury.

JB98
05-30-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm not going to read this whole thread. Here's my observations on the debacle. I apologize for any redundancy.

It's not just the walks, it's who we are walking. We walked Nick Punto three times. We walked Jason Bartlett leading off an inning. He scored. We walked Jason Tyner in the ninth. He scored.

Putting those punch-and-judy hitters on allows Cuddyer, Morneau and Hunter the opportunity to hurt us. There is no excuse for walking slap hitters. Throw them a strike, and the worst thing that will happen is they hit a single. At least make them earn their base.

Aardsma didn't have enough time to warm up before he came in the game. Ozzie and Coop got caught with their pants down. Logan made it look easy against Morneau, and we didn't have a right-hander ready to face Hunter. Aardsma looked very ill-prepared for the mess he walked into. He didn't even come close to the strikezone.

roadrunner
05-30-2007, 05:55 PM
There's a reason we could get Aardsma for Cotts, MacDougal for an average prospect, Sisco for Gload, and Day is 26-27 years old and in AA...they aren't very good. The whole idea that KW is smarter than anyone else and Cooper can work his magic has completely blown up in their faces.

Combined with alot of talk about "grinderball/smallball/ozzieball"...while replacing Thomas with Thome, Ordonez with Dye, Lee with Machowiak (or a fragile, mediocre OF Podsednik)...along with very little speed at the "speed positions" of CF/SS/2B, and ladies and gentleman I present you with the 2001-2004 White Sox.

God bless them for winning it all in 2005...but with this roster and a mediocre farm system (which KW after 7 years of being the GM is 100% accountable for), it's time for a complete rebuilding.

I agree - especially the part about the bullpen. I hope that KW starts by acquiring a young SS (or ARod) for some combination of the guys that will be free agents after this year.

Chicken Dinner
05-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Nah, I like my idea better. =)

How about cutting off their sunflower seed supply?

kitekrazy
05-30-2007, 05:59 PM
I'm not going to read this whole thread. Here's my observations on the debacle. I apologize for any redundancy.

It's not just the walks, it's who we are walking. We walked Nick Punto three times. We walked Jason Bartlett leading off an inning. He scored. We walked Jason Tyner in the ninth. He scored.

Putting those punch-and-judy hitters on allows Cuddyer, Morneau and Hunter the opportunity to hurt us. There is no excuse for walking slap hitters. Throw them a strike, and the worst thing that will happen is they hit a single. At least make them earn their base.

Aardsma didn't have enough time to warm up before he came in the game. Ozzie and Coop got caught with their pants down. Logan made it look easy against Morneau, and we didn't have a right-hander ready to face Hunter. Aardsma looked very ill-prepared for the mess he walked into. He didn't even come close to the strikezone.

Plus you have to question does he have enough experience to handle that situation.

JB98
05-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Maybe it's time Kenny made a deal. Any deal.

I know the Sox are still at .500, and that their best baseball is ahead of them, but I said that last August & September too.

I'd release MacDougal after today, but that just shows why I'm not a baseball GM. Rash decisions are bad ones.

With regard to MacDougal: A walk to Jason Tyner in a tie game in the ninth is absolutely inexcusable. But after that, he threw two ground balls that our infield butchered. Those should have been turned into outs. That ninth inning was a total breakdown by pitchers, infielders and our manager.

JB98
05-30-2007, 06:02 PM
Plus you have to question does he have enough experience to handle that situation.

Not really. In a game against Cleveland in April, Aardsma came in with the bases loaded and no outs. He struck out the side and got out of the inning. I don't think lack of experience is a problem. He's been in those spots previously this year. I think he's throwing the ball poorly right now, and I think he was brought in before he was prepared to pitch today. Those two factors contributed to his failure more than his youth, IMO.

Foulke You
05-30-2007, 06:12 PM

Some good observations there JB98. It seemed like every time we walked Punto or Tyner they came around to score. There was another situation earlier in the game where we walked the #9 hitter to lead off the inning. This is also very unacceptable.

I also agree that Aardsma seemed rushed. He usually goes right at hitters with strikes which is odd that he couldn't find the strike zone. Walk off walks are the worst. I would have rather had Hunter hit a grand slam than that. I was having flashbacks to 2004 with this game. I remember we gave up something like 3 or 4 walk off walks in a 1 month period of time that season.

Foulke You
05-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Not really. In a game against Cleveland in April, Aardsma came in with the bases loaded and no outs. He struck out the side and got out of the inning. I don't think lack of experience is a problem. He's been in those spots previously this year. I think he's throwing the ball poorly right now, and I think he was brought in before he was prepared to pitch today. Those two factors contributed to his failure more than his youth, IMO.
Agreed. For the first 4 weeks of the season, Aardsma was untouchable. Middle relief is kind've a thankless job. When you do good, nobody notices but when you are bad, everyone wants to run you out on a rail. I would give Aardsma some more chances before sending him down.

JB98
05-30-2007, 06:21 PM
Some good observations there JB98. It seemed like every time we walked Punto or Tyner they came around to score. There was another situation earlier in the game where we walked the #9 hitter to lead off the inning. This is also very unacceptable.

The third inning. Garland walked Bartlett to start the inning. After he got Tyner, he walked Punto. Then, he walked Cuddyer. All of a sudden we are in a situation (bases loaded) where we have to pitch to Morneau and Hunter. The two combined to knock in three runs and got Minnesota back in the game.

Walking slap hitters such as Bartlett and Punto is foolish in ANY situation. Walking them with a five-run lead deserves a MAJOR FINE in kangaroo court. It's bull****. I realize everyone is upset about how the ninth inning went down today, and rightfully so. But let's all remember that it was Garland who pissed away the five-run lead. He dug his own grave with walks. This loss was entirely self-inflicted.

Chicken Dinner
05-30-2007, 06:22 PM
The third inning. Garland walked Bartlett to start the inning. After he got Tyner, he walked Punto. Then, he walked Cuddyer. All of a sudden we are in a situation (bases loaded) where we have to pitch to Morneau and Hunter. The two combined to knock in three runs and got Minnesota back in the game.

Walking slap hitters such as Bartlett and Punto is foolish in ANY situation. Walking them with a five-run lead deserves a MAJOR FINE in kangaroo court. It's bull****. I realize everyone is upset about how the ninth inning went down today, and rightfully so. But let's all remember that it was Garland who pissed away the five-run lead. He dug his own grave with walks. This loss was entirely self-inflicted.

21 walks in this series. Unacceptable. :mad:

veeter
05-30-2007, 06:25 PM
I agree with so many of these ideas. The thing I hate, is seeing supposed reserve players, i.e. Mac and Cintron playing all the time. When you play second stringers a lot, they get exposed. The injuries have caused this for the most part, but Ozzie's continual line-up changes are irritating. Terrero goes 2 for 3 off Santana, and he's rewarded with a day off. This is Jerry Manuel stuff all over again. For the first time in Ozzie's tenure, I feel he's very over-matched. This team is loaded with guys that we'll look back and say, "man I'm glad he's gone".

JB98
05-30-2007, 06:26 PM

And 39 hits. 60 baserunners is a lot to give up in 25 innings.

Foulke You
05-30-2007, 06:27 PM
The hit total was also astronomical. 39 hits in the series to go along with the 21 walks. I think Sox pitching only had a 1-2-3 inning 2 or 3 times in the entire series.

JB98
05-30-2007, 06:29 PM
I agree with so many of these ideas. The thing I hate, is seeing supposed reserve players, i.e. Mac and Cintron playing all the time. When you play second stringers a lot, they get exposed. The injuries have caused this for the most part, but Ozzie's continual line-up changes are irritating. Terrero goes 2 for 3 off Santana, and he's rewarded with a day off. This is Jerry Manuel stuff all over again. For the first time in Ozzie's tenure, I feel he's very over-matched. This team is loaded with guys that we'll look back and say, "man I'm glad he's gone".

Mack is swinging the bat well right now, as is Terrero. I don't disagree with the platoon being used in LF at the moment.

Uribe has been brutal at the plate as of late, and Cintron had a two-hit day yesterday. I assume that's why Alex was in there again today. Alex's defense hurt us in the ninth inning today, although his bat was pretty good in this series.

Generally speaking, I don't think the bench players are a problem at this time. Because of the situation we're in, it is inevitable that one of the reserve players has to start everyday somewhere in the OF.

WSox597
05-30-2007, 06:31 PM
How about just putting in a "dugout dunk tank" so disgruntled fans can splash their favorite under performer.

Hopefully things will straighten out, or Kenny Williams may be shopping for some scuba gear. After all, this is his bullpen we're talking about.

I've groused about Guillen in games past, this year and last year. But this time I have to say, he's playing the hand he's been dealt. He's playing it badly, but he didn't deal the cards.

I want to see them playing up to their potential. That's not too much to ask, is it?

itsnotrequired
05-30-2007, 06:34 PM
The hit total was also astronomical. 39 hits in the series to go along with the 21 walks. I think Sox pitching only had a 1-2-3 inning 2 or 3 times in the entire series.

The Sox had three 1-2-3 innings on today's game alone.

JB98
05-30-2007, 06:34 PM
The Sox had three 1-2-3 innings on today's game alone.

They had four for the series. Three today, one yesterday.

delben91
05-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Quotes from the whitesox.com game wrap-up. (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20070530&content_id=1994505&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

"I absolutely [stunk]. That's the only way to describe it," Garland said. "I put this loss on myself. I got spotted six runs and gave it back to them. That should never happen, and it did tonight."

"As far as me, that was pathetic today," said Aardsma, who added that he needed to take a step back and relax on the mound after warming up quickly to get into the game. "That wasn't even competitive. I didn't make Torii think about swinging the bat. I definitely have to take a step back and figure out what I have to do."

And my favorites...

"I'm willing to take the blame, like I always do. In the meanwhile, those 25 guys out there, they're professional, they get paid pretty good money, and they have to do their job. They'd better look themselves in the mirror and start thinking about what they're going to do.
"If we have to shake up this ballclub, we will -- at least [general manager] Kenny [Williams] will."

Everyone sounds pissed, which is at least a step in the right direction.

JB98
05-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Quotes from the whitesox.com game wrap-up. (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20070530&content_id=1994505&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

And my favorites...

At least everyone understands there is a problem here now. No more bull**** about how "early" it is.

Red Barchetta
05-30-2007, 06:48 PM

Me too. However, I've been waiting since last July! :angry:

cbotnyse
05-30-2007, 06:59 PM
I didn't see a lick of this game or have any clue what happened. (besides we lost) Should I consider myself lucky?

JB98
05-30-2007, 07:01 PM
I didn't see a lick of this game or have any clue what happened. (besides we lost) Should I consider myself lucky?

Ummm....yeah. We blew a 6-1 lead. We lost in the ninth inning on two walks and two infield misplays. Aardsma walked in the winning run.

delben91
05-30-2007, 07:02 PM

Quite. Sox blew a 6-run lead and lost on a bases loaded walk in the bottom of the 9th.

Hijinks occurred in between.

TDog

Technically, it was 60 baserunners in 24 and 2/3 innings.

delben91
Ummm....yeah. We blew a 6-1 lead. We lost in the ninth inning on two walks and two infield misplays. Aardsma walked in the winning run.

I prefer my post due to the use of the word "hijinks."

JB98
05-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Technically, it was 60 baserunners in 24 and 2/3 innings.

OK, so it was even worse.

cbotnyse
05-30-2007, 07:04 PM
How late did we have a 6 run lead? and walking in the winning run is simply unacceptable at this level.

Wsoxmike59
05-30-2007, 07:06 PM
http://www.tldm.org/Lent/anger.jpg

This team makes me so angry!! :angry: :angry:

JB98
05-30-2007, 07:08 PM
How late did we have a 6 run lead? and walking in the winning run is simply unacceptable at this level.

We never had a six-run lead. We went up 4-0 in the second, the Twins got one in the bottom of the second to make it 4-1. Mack hit a two-run bomb in the third to put us up 6-1.

Garland pissed himself in the bottom of the third. He walked the bases loaded and ended up giving up three runs. It remained 6-4 until the sixth, when Garland resumed pissing and gave up two runs and the lead.

Thornton worked a scoreless seventh and a three-up, three-down eighth. The Sox then imploded in the bottom of the ninth.

As a side note, the Sox had 10 hits the first three innings. They didn't have a single hit the rest of the day. Six hitless innings tossed by Minnesota relievers.

cbotnyse
05-30-2007, 07:09 PM
We never had a six-run lead. We went up 4-0 in the second, the Twins got one in the bottom of the second to make it 4-1. Mack hit a two-run bomb in the third to put us up 6-1.

Garland pissed himself in the bottom of the third. He walked the bases loaded and ended up giving up three runs. It remained 6-4 until the sixth, when Garland resumed pissing and gave up two runs and the lead.

Thornton worked a scoreless seventh and a three-up, three-down eighth. The Sox then imploded in the bottom of the ninth.

As a side note, the Sox had 10 hits the first three innings. They didn't have a single hit the rest of the day. Six hitless innings tossed by Minnesota relievers.thanks. Thats impressively bad. Who started the ninth?

Palehose Pete
05-30-2007, 07:10 PM
Guh.

What a big pile of stink.

This team reminds me of the 2001 - 2004 teams, sans the optimism that they can pull it together and win.

JB98
05-30-2007, 07:12 PM
thanks. Thats impressively bad. Who started the ninth?

MacDougal. He struck out Bartlett. He walked Tyner. Punto hit a routine grounder that Konerko butchered. Cuddyer hit a grounder that Cintron butchered. That loaded the bases with one out.

Logan came on and got Morneau to pop out on the first pitch. Bases loaded, two out.

That set the stage for Aardsma to walk Hunter on four pitches and lose the game.

cbotnyse
05-30-2007, 07:13 PM
MacDougal. He struck out Bartlett. He walked Tyner. Punto hit a routine grounder that Konerko butchered. Cuddyer hit a grounder that Cintron butchered. That loaded the bases with one out.

Logan came on and got Morneau to pop out on the first pitch. Bases loaded, two out.

That set the stage for Aardsma to walk Hunter on four pitches and lose the game.four pitches????????????? Holy ****. where was Jenks?

DaveIsHere
05-30-2007, 07:13 PM
Guh.

What a big pile of stink.

This team reminds me of the 2001 - 2004 teams, sans the optimism that they can pull it together and win.

My thoughts exactly. I dont even want to watch. I was hoping for a win so I could come home tonight and watch the replay. Instead I will be cheering on Boston to beat the Toons.

Detroit and Cleveland have a 4 game set coming up, time for us to beat the hell out of the Jays and get back on track.

Jurr
05-30-2007, 07:15 PM
This team astounds me. Wow. :angry:

kobo
05-30-2007, 07:17 PM
four pitches????????????? Holy ****. where was Jenks?
On the bench.

JB98
05-30-2007, 07:18 PM

Resting comfortably on a chair in the bullpen.

05-30-2007, 07:19 PM

http://www.pakindiashop.com/smallimages/dunkin-donuts-karachi.jpg

cbotnyse
05-30-2007, 07:20 PM
On the bench.

Resting comfortably on a chair in the bullpen.:roflmao: that is laughably bad.

cbotnyse
05-30-2007, 07:22 PM
http://www.pakindiashop.com/smallimages/dunkin-donuts-karachi.jpghttp://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f21/cbotnyse/homer-drool.gif

chisoxfanatic
05-30-2007, 07:26 PM
http://www.pakindiashop.com/smallimages/dunkin-donuts-karachi.jpg
I think that's where Ozzie was as well! He certainly hasn't been pulling any of the right strings lately. Everything seems to be blowing up in his face, and it's sickening! :angry:

If this doesn't improve when Pods is back, KW must get to the drawing board.

TDog
05-30-2007, 07:26 PM

I didn't see the game, but it appears the Sox led 4-1 after 2 and 6-4 after 3. I don't think the Sox ever had a 6-run lead.

As for walking in the winning run, you see it quite a bit in the major leagues. Every time I had a chance to hear the Sox on the radio in 2004, they walked in the winning run. I'm sure there have been a number of games this season that have ended as such. The Cubs have lost at least one game this year on a bases-loaded walk. The first Sox win this season (as well as a recent Cubs loss that I read about) came on a bases-loaded hit batsman.

When I was a kid, I though game-ending walks were unusual, but in the 1970s, I attended at least two games at Old Comiskey that ended with bases loaded walks.

The first was 36 years ago today. On May 30, 1971, Jay Johnstone walked to drive in Mike Andrews to beat the Indians 3-2 and give Terry Forster his first major league win. I was sitting in the first row above the walk behind the on-deck circle down the third-base line.

UserNameBlank
05-30-2007, 07:27 PM
LOL, 60 baserunners in 25 IP...

This is just laughable. We're not playing Cub-level baseball (yet) but we're not too much better than that right now.

Edit: Maybe once Pods comes back and takes some more game-winning hits of the top of his head we'll be close to Cub level. Someone still has to kick a fan though, and someone else would have to give a ball to the fans in the middle of a play.

JB98
05-30-2007, 07:29 PM
I didn't see the game, but it appears the Sox led 4-1 after 2 and 6-4 after 3. I don't think the Sox ever had a 6-run lead.

As for walking in the winning run, you see it quite a bit in the major leagues. Every time I had a chance to hear the Sox on the radio in 2004, they walked in the winning run. I'm sure there have been a number of games this season that have ended as such. The Cubs have lost at least one game this year on a bases-loaded walk. The first Sox win this season (as well as a recent Cubs loss that I read about) came on a bases-loaded hit batsman.

When I was a kid, I though game-ending walks were unusual, but in the 1970s, I attended at least two games at Old Comiskey that ended with bases loaded walks.

The first was 36 years ago today. On May 30, 1971, Jay Johnstone walked to drive in Mike Andrews to beat the Indians 3-2 and give Terry Forster his first major league win. I was sitting in the first row above the walk behind the on-deck circle down the third-base line.

But as Aardsma said, that at-bat with Hunter wasn't even competitive. The pitches weren't even close. David said himself, he didn't even make Hunter think about swinging the bat.

Game-ending walks are always pathetic, but by our pitcher's own admission, this one was just embarrassing.

TomBradley72
05-30-2007, 07:32 PM
Over the last week our team stats are:

Pitching: 1-4, 7.95 ERA, 2.05 WHIP, Opponent OBA: .441 (all 13th or 14th in AL).

Hitting: .244 BA, .306 OBP, 16 Runs Scored, 0 SBs in 0 attempts...all at the bottom of the AL.

And our DER ("Defense Efficiency Rating") (I have no idea that this is) is 13th in the league.

TDog
05-30-2007, 07:35 PM

As a side note, the Sox had 10 hits the first three innings. They didn't have a single hit the rest of the day. Six hitless innings tossed by Minnesota relievers.

According to the AP story, the Twins defense had something to do with that. I didn't actually see Kubel rob Iguchi of a home run in the ninth, though.

JB98
05-30-2007, 07:35 PM

Pitching: 1-4, 7.95 ERA, 2.05 WHIP, Opponent OBA: .441 (all 13th or 14th in AL).

Hitting: .244 BA, .306 OBP, 16 Runs Scored, 0 SBs in 0 attempts...all at the bottom of the AL.

And our DER ("Defense Efficiency Rating") (I have no idea that this is) is 13th in the league.

Those hitting numbers can't be right. We've scored 22 runs in our last five games. That isn't anything special, but still....

Fri 5-4 W
Sun 11-5 L
Mon *10-4 L
Tues 9-2 L
Wed 7-6 L

oeo
05-30-2007, 07:37 PM

So basically, we can't get any worse. :bandance:

UserNameBlank
05-30-2007, 07:39 PM

But we're so close to hitting our stride...
We're just 4 cylllinders away from clicking on all cyllinders...

soxtalker
05-30-2007, 07:39 PM

And my favorites...

I'm not so sure that's true. Is it a question of them not trying hard enough? It is certainly tempting to think that, but I get the impression the impression that they've actually been pretty frustrated most of the season. Last year, they may have thought that they could kick it in, but I don't think that's true this season.

TDog
05-30-2007, 07:44 PM
But as Aardsma said, that at-bat with Hunter wasn't even competitive. The pitches weren't even close. David said himself, he didn't even make Hunter think about swinging the bat.

Game-ending walks are always pathetic, but by our pitcher's own admission, this one was just embarrassing.

Last year the Cardinals were both embarrassing and pathetic before they won the World Series.

JB98
05-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Last year the Cardinals were both embarrassing and pathetic before they won the World Series.

:?: Not sure what your point is here....