PDA

View Full Version : No more Pirahnas

Railsplitter
05-30-2007, 11:45 AM
I propose that from now on, there should be no more reference to the Twins as Pirahnas. Call them the Twinkies, or is you must use a fish's name, use something harmless like Guppies or Flounders.

Now is there way we can get a "No Pirahnas" sig here? I'm not skilled in that area,

Blob
05-30-2007, 11:53 AM
We should call them Humuhumunukunukuapua'a.

soxfan13
05-30-2007, 12:09 PM
How about Sox Busters:redneck

IndianWhiteSox
05-30-2007, 12:16 PM

Is that hindi?
:o::tongue:

Blob
05-30-2007, 01:12 PM
Is that hindi?
:o::tongue:

Close!

HotelWhiteSox
05-30-2007, 02:21 PM
How about the 'Cicadas'

Hopefully they'll disappear in 4-6 weeks too

ewokpelts
05-30-2007, 02:23 PM
I propose that from now on, there should be no more reference to the Twins as Pirahnas. Call them the Twinkies, or is you must use a fish's name, use something harmless like Guppies or Flounders.

Now is there way we can get a "No Pirahnas" sig here? I'm not skilled in that area,

tell that to your dumb ass manager that strokes the twinkies every chance he gets.

soxfanatlanta
05-30-2007, 02:27 PM

Mahalo!

tell that to your dumb ass manager that strokes the twinkies every chance he gets.

No poi for you.

IndianWhiteSox
05-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Close!

So you were speaking in Urdu then?

:tongue:

chisoxmike
05-30-2007, 04:05 PM
It got old last year. Ozzie & Hawk need to stop with the Twins circle jerk. Its beyond annoying now.

Foulke You
05-30-2007, 06:03 PM
It got old last year. Ozzie & Hawk need to stop with the Twins circle jerk. Its beyond annoying now.
Agreed. The Twins get more love from Sox management and announcers than any other team and the Twins still find a way to make us out to be the villains. Somehow, I doubt Bert Blyleven and co are up in the TV booth talking about how great a GM Kenny Williams is, or how special the 2005 World Series team was, or how good a 3B Joe Crede has become. I HIGHLY doubt it. Screw the Twins. They are a good REGULAR season team. When the post season comes around, the Pirahnas have no bite.

JB98
05-30-2007, 06:09 PM

I agree. I think the organization gives the Twins far too much respect. Instead of gushing about how hard the Twins compete, why not tell the players to match Minnesota's intensity for a change? We dominated them in 2005 by doing just that.

The Twins are nothing special. The fact that they kicked ass in this series is an indictment on the Sox.

Frontman
05-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Mahalo!

No poi for you.

He can have my poi. I'd say that stuff tastes worse than wallpaper paste, but that's a major insult to wallpaper paste.

Although, I do agree we need to stop calling the Twins the pirahanas. Glad I have to work tomorrow so I don't have to hear the Hot Dog Vendor's return from New York and his armchair "I know better than everyone in the White Sox organization, ok. Look, all I'm sayin' is, you knows, look. Like, you know, can we have the starting lineup start? Dat's all I'm sayin'" poop-on-a-stick fest on WSCR in the morning.

But, getting back to the Humu reference; I think all Sox fans need to follow the advice you get in the islands, bra.

http://xstaticproductions.com/_borders/hang_loose.gif

No worries, bra. The Sox will turn it around.

ALOHA!

hose
05-30-2007, 06:15 PM
How about the 'Cicadas'

Hopefully they'll disappear in 4-6 weeks too

:tongue: hehehe, I like it.

I didn't think I would be laughing on WSI today considering the recent turn of events, but that was a good one.

CWSpalehoseCWS
05-30-2007, 06:33 PM
Well on the post game show, they referred to them as "the Runts."

Red Barchetta
05-30-2007, 06:53 PM
I agree. I think the organization gives the Twins far too much respect. Instead of gushing about how hard the Twins compete, why not tell the players to match Minnesota's intensity for a change? We dominated them in 2005 by doing just that.

The Twins are nothing special. The fact that they kicked ass in this series is an indictment on the Sox.

I agree. Stop all the Gardenhire manlove as well. I can't wait until the Twins move into their new ballpark and we never have to watch another collapse in that hellhole! Maybe we can finally get some wins up there.

JB98
05-30-2007, 06:55 PM
I agree. Stop all the Gardenhire manlove as well. I can't wait until the Twins move into their new ballpark and we never have to watch another collapse in that hellhole! Maybe we can finally get some wins up there.

Would you believe we are 19-16 in that dome during the Guillen era? We are, even with this sweep. We kicked their asses pretty good in 2005.

This series, however, was more reminiscent of 2003.

chisoxfanatic
05-30-2007, 07:28 PM

They'll still install an air conditioning system inside the batter's eye and will turn it on whenever the Sox bat.

JB98
05-30-2007, 07:30 PM
They'll still install an air conditioning system inside the batter's eye and will turn it on whenever the Sox bat.

They also have video cameras on the opposing third base coach. They review the video and try to figure out the signs. It's not outside the rules, but it's rather irritating. Just as irritating as any of AJ's antics are to an opponent.

UserNameBlank
05-30-2007, 07:34 PM
Just call them ***holes.

Red Barchetta
05-30-2007, 08:35 PM
Would you believe we are 19-16 in that dome during the Guillen era? We are, even with this sweep. We kicked their asses pretty good in 2005.

This series, however, was more reminiscent of 2003.

That is hard to believe. It seems as though they have owned us up there since we clinched the division a few years back. All I seem to remember are Tori Hunter take-away HRs catches and Santana dominance.

Ranger
05-30-2007, 09:32 PM
Nobody likes "The Fighting Jasons"?

Jason Tyner
Jason Kubel
Jason Bartlett
Jason Miller
Jason Santana
Jason Mauer
Jason Morneau

chisoxmike
05-30-2007, 10:59 PM
Nobody likes "The Fighting Jasons"?

Jason Tyner
Jason Kubel
Jason Bartlett
Jason Miller
Jason Santana
Jason Mauer
Jason Morneau

I dont like any of the pet names for them. They're the Twins. I call them the ****ing Twins, but I don't think that would catch on.

I hate the Twins. I hate the pet names Ozzie and Hawk come up with. I hate the Jason's. I hate their stadium. I hate the state they play for. I hate all their division titles. I hate their nerd, dork fans. I hate everything about them. I hate the fact they've made a living on hitting on choppers in the infield. I hate how they beat us...all the time. I hate how our Sox seem scared to face them all the time. I hate how no matter how many ****ing times we see the same ****ing pitchers over and over again, the Sox still can't hit them. I hate everything about the Twins. I wish they were contracted.

Chips
05-30-2007, 11:03 PM
I dont like any of the pet names for them. They're the Twins. I call them the ****ing Twins, but I don't think that would catch on.

I hate the Twins. I hate the pet names Ozzie and Hawk come up with. I hate the Jason's. I hate their stadium. I hate the state they play for. I hate all their division titles. I hate their nerd, dork fans. I hate everything about them. I hate the fact they've made a living on hitting on choppers in the infield. I hate how they beat us...all the time. I hate how our Sox seem scared to face them all the time. I hate how no matter how many ****ing times we see the same ****ing pitchers over and over again, the Sox still can't hit them. I hate everything about the Twins. I wish they were contracted.

I'll never stop hating the Twins!!!

jdm2662
05-30-2007, 11:43 PM
That is hard to believe. It seems as though they have owned us up there since we clinched the division a few years back. All I seem to remember are Tori Hunter take-away HRs catches and Santana dominance.

It just seems that way but

In 2003, the Twins won the series 10-9. However, the Sox lost the last five games. They had a chance to put the Twins away after taking the first two games of the series at home in Sept, but lost the last two. I don't need to remind anyone what happened the next week in the dump.

In 2004, the Twins won the series 10-9. However, we only remember the dreadful series in August that pretty much knocked the Sox out for good. The Sox swept a series (including a 2-1 win against Santana) in the dump right before getting swept by the Cubs on the fourth of July weekend.

In 2005, the Sox went 11-7. Five of those loses were when Santana started. The Sox actually won all three series in the dump, including a critical one in September. They also took 3 out of 4 games in the last series at home against the Twins.

In 2006, the Twins once again took the season series 10-9. However, the Sox were swept at home in a series and lost 2 out of 3 in the second half of the season.

In 2007, the Twins lead the series 5-3. Of course, they are fresh off a sweep where they pounded the Sox twice, and came back from 5 runs down.

So, record wise, it doesn't seem the series is so one sided. It just seems that way because other than 2005, the Sox seemed to falter in the second half of the season against the Twins. Every little break seems go the Twins way, especially in the dump.

kitekrazy
05-30-2007, 11:55 PM

Ha! Ha! I've heard of them.

kitekrazy
05-30-2007, 11:59 PM
Would you believe we are 19-16 in that dome during the Guillen era?

That is a surprise. The Twins are always tough at home. Steve Stone mentioned most teams don't see the ball as well in that phone booth they call a stadium.

kaufsox
05-31-2007, 12:37 AM
They are a good REGULAR season team. When the post season comes around, the Pirahnas have no bite.

At least they get to the post season with some regularity. I wouldn't trade 05 for the Twins division titles, but I also don't want to be on the five year post season rotation. I would be extremely dissappointed if the Sox don't make the post season until 2010. Unless its guaranteed they win the Series:D:

Nellie_Fox
05-31-2007, 01:18 AM
Somehow, I doubt Bert Blyleven and co are up in the TV booth talking about how great a GM Kenny Williams is, or how special the 2005 World Series team was, or how good a 3B Joe Crede has become. I HIGHLY doubt it.Well, then, you'd be wrong. Because while the play-by-play guy Dick Bremer is a complete zero and a total homer, Blyleven is actually quite fair in his analysis and has been complimentary of the Sox on many occasions. The last couple of days, Blyleven was much easier on the Sox than a whole lot of WSI posters have been.

Now, the whole "circle me Bert" thing is way beyond stale, but that's another issue.

VenturaFan23
05-31-2007, 06:42 AM
For any other baseball team, they're called "easy outs". But for ours, they're called "HOFers". :rolleyes:

The Critic
05-31-2007, 12:24 PM

I'm betting that the bolded hate steers you towards all the other non-bolded hate.
:D:

IndianWhiteSox
05-31-2007, 03:35 PM

How could you not love the smell those RBIs campaign?
:tongue: